+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International student stream - Feb 08 2024

vinesh3003

Jan 4, 2024
Hey, Has anyone tried calling OINP number recently? When I ask for enquiry officer, it says Out of service.
Also, has anyone provided additional information to OINP via the portal if they ask for additional information after DIP.

Mamol475

Apr 22, 2024
Hey, Has anyone tried calling OINP number recently? When I ask for enquiry officer, it says Out of service.
Also, has anyone provided additional information to OINP via the portal if they ask for additional information after DIP.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) | ontario.ca

OINP phone line is temporarily down.
The OINP is working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and will notify clients once the phone line is operational again. In the interim, please use the webform to contact the program.

scipol

Jan 16, 2023
For ppl like me who are still stuck in DIP, do you guys know if we can contact our MPs to inquire about our applications like we can for IRCC?

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
For ppl like me who are still stuck in DIP, do you guys know if we can contact our MPs to inquire about our applications like we can for IRCC?
For OINP, local MPP might help especially if they are Conservative.
As far as I know MP's can help when it is on PR application (study, work permit) because IRCC is through Federal.

DrKen

Jul 16, 2024
Please can anyone advise on this? I got an ITA for the employer job offer-International student stream. I have a permanent part position and still got an offer after completing a one year certificate program. Is this a good thing or a problem?

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Please can anyone advise on this? I got an ITA for the employer job offer-International student stream. I have a permanent part position and still got an offer after completing a one year certificate program. Is this a good thing or a problem?
Permanent part? Part-time you mean? If it is Permanent Part-Time, then you are not qualified for the OINP-IS.

One of the main requirements is: The job offer must be for a full-time and permanent position.

DrKen

Jul 16, 2024
Permanent part? Part-time you mean? If it is Permanent Part-Time, then you are not qualified for the OINP-IS.

One of the main requirements is: The job offer must be for a full-time and permanent position.
Yes I meant part-time, however that was the information I provided and I had no score for the job offer on the EOI. Just trying to understand whether it’s an exception

pimpsquek

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Yes I meant part-time, however that was the information I provided and I had no score for the job offer on the EOI. Just trying to understand whether it’s an exception
Actually, that is a logical question about the EOI form, they are allowing it but it contradicts the program requirements. Similarly, I have a friend who has CLB 3 on her CELPIP and still qualifies for the OINP-IS and did get an invitation yesterday even CLB 5 is minimum needed for a skilled position.

But might as well try right? But don't get your hopes high because they might reject it. You will know once you submit all the documents on their assessment. They will withdraw it if you don't qualify.

tee2406

Jun 6, 2024
How to approach the local MPP and what did they ask you to submit?
I had to approach my MPP when I was applying for PGWP permit because I had changed school without updating IRCC.

My referral was through the Multicultural Society so he already knew a little background. That's an option to visit the multicultural society- they always have great advice.

Reactions: Shayini

Shayini

Jan 29, 2024
I had to approach my MPP when I was applying for PGWP permit because I had changed school without updating IRCC.

My referral was through the Multicultural Society so he already knew a little background. That's an option to visit the multicultural society- they always have great advice.
good to hear that, thanks for the inputs,
So did u receive the nomination? or are you still in the stage of DIP?