TSQUARE

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hi all, I got the nomination today! Foreign Worker
ITA Jan 19
Submitted Jan 30
Nomination August 8
Good luck to everyone!
Hi @20newhere19 congratulations. we have the same ITA but my submission date was Jan 31st and I’m still waiting. What is your NOC? when did you get in DIP and did you at anytime receive ADR? Thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1207790

Hi @20newhere19 congratulations. we have the same ITA but my submission date was Jan 31st and I’m still waiting. What is your NOC? when did you get in DIP and did you at anytime receive ADR? Thanks.
Thanks. NOC 11202. I’m not sure when I got DIP exactly. I wasn’t checking so often during the first months. No ADR.

Reactions: TSQUARE

mohnish27

Jul 4, 2024
Hello everyone!
I have one query. My Crs was 470 when i got OINP HCP NOI on 21st march and applied on 15th april. My ielts is expiring tomorrow. Previous score- (LRWS- 9,8.5,7,7) and I didn’t receive the same score new score- (LRWS- 8.5,7.5,6.5,6.5). My CRS score drops down to 405 points.My profile is in assessment Stage. What should i do? Shall I reappear for ielts or OINP considers the same score when i applied?
Please answer

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Okay, have a year left on OWP and just submitted EOI @ 65 score and yet to receive invite. Based on you experience/knowledge so far do you think would be good for time or would be on the edge of the IRCC sword(since ircc like to slay anyone these days lol)
Even if your work permit expires you can have option 3:

Once you have the necessary documentation, you must apply to IRCC for a work permit (if applicable) and permanent residence. Please note, a nomination from the OINP under this stream is subject to the following conditions and/or restrictions:

1. You must continue to demonstrate on a reasonable basis an intention to reside in Ontario.
  2. You must be employed in the approved employment position as of the date of your nomination, if you are already working for the employer.
  3. You must apply for a work permit within six months and begin working in the approved employment position within ten months from the date of your nomination, if you are not already working for the employer.
  4. If you have not begun working in the approved employment position within ten (10) months from the date of your nomination you must inform the OINP immediately in writing at ontarionominee@ontario.ca.
  5. You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
    • employer
    • position title and duties
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
I have similar issue where I need 9 months of construction experience (in-demand stream) on a 12 month work permit so I probably wont get NOI and nominations until my wp expires.
So from what i posted above it seems i can apply for visitor record while waiting for my nomination. Then apply for a work permit with work permit letter and hopefully start working for my employer within 10 months.

but also what if my work permit expires before I get NOI i know i will lose 10 points but will my employer require advertising?

Employers must demonstrate that reasonable efforts were made to recruit a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident prior to offering the position to the applicant, unless:

• the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario Mine will have expired
  • the employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the position
If the applicant already has a valid work permit to work in Ontario, the employer does not also need to provide a positive LMIA.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
BOWP only happens after AOR at main PR portal and not at the OINP level, correct? Yes

My process is currently at "nomination received" but haven't been able to submit my PR application because of some delays getting the police records from my home country.

I've read and asked so many times in this forum so my answers are based on what I've learned here: you must have a valid work permit to be able to apply for a BOWP. If you loose your permit (and your job) before you finalize the whole process, you have to withdraw your application. That's kind of the trick of the Employer Job Offer : Foreign Worker Stream.

In my case, my work permit expires in April 2025, so I still have 9 months to submit my PR application, get AOR, and apply for BOWP. I was part of the lucky ones that got their work permit extended for 18 months last year. If it weren't for that, I would probably be somewhere else.

I had a coworker who applied for this stream, but her nomination took too long and it wasn't approved before her WP expired. She had to quit the job and withdraw the application. She's now on visitor record and searching for options to stay in Canada (like a job that would sponsor her on LMIA, which are not easy to find).
yeah too bad her employer couldnt apply for LMIA to keep her working until nomination , but she could have switched to visitor record while waiting for nomination and once nominated go back to work as point 3 below:

Once you have the necessary documentation, you must apply to IRCC for a work permit (if applicable) and permanent residence. Please note, a nomination from the OINP under this stream is subject to the following conditions and/or restrictions:

1. You must continue to demonstrate on a reasonable basis an intention to reside in Ontario.
  2. You must be employed in the approved employment position as of the date of your nomination, if you are already working for the employer.
  3. You must apply for a work permit within six months and begin working in the approved employment position within ten months from the date of your nomination, if you are not already working for the employer.

Last edited:

JRai

Jun 14, 2024
Hello everyone!
I have one query. My Crs was 470 when i got OINP HCP NOI on 21st march and applied on 15th april. My ielts is expiring tomorrow. Previous score- (LRWS- 9,8.5,7,7) and I didn’t receive the same score new score- (LRWS- 8.5,7.5,6.5,6.5). My CRS score drops down to 405 points.My profile is in assessment Stage. What should i do? Shall I reappear for ielts or OINP considers the same score when i applied?
Please answer
Still your old IELTS is valid for your existing application, So what i mean to say for all the existing application they will verify all documents and details till the date you received nomination.
Ex. today 13th Aug you received nomination with 50 points(with current IELTS and age) so they will verify all your documents(IELTS, age) are valid till 13th Aug. after 13th if it will change age or IELTS is going to expire that doesn't matter because after certain time this condition will come for max number of application. So on the nomination date your IELTS score and result should be valid.

Lucas1985

Jul 16, 2024
Yesterday the Ontario government held a draw for several occupations with a score of 54 points. The NOC I submitted my application for is 72010 and there were no calls for NOCs that start with 7. Anyway, my current score is 52, and I would not meet the minimum score. In your experience, has the government not called anyone with these NOCs because there is no one with the minimum score in the registration pool or can they make another draw just for these NOCs?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Yesterday the Ontario government held a draw for several occupations with a score of 54 points. The NOC I submitted my application for is 72010 and there were no calls for NOCs that start with 7. Anyway, my current score is 52, and I would not meet the minimum score. In your experience, has the government not called anyone with these NOCs because there is no one with the minimum score in the registration pool or can they make another draw just for these NOCs?
I submitted my EOI in March 2023 for NOC 70012 with 66 points, but I was invited until Dec 2023. They include 7xxxx codes once in a while, but not very often.

notreallydrphil

Feb 22, 2024
Have any of you tried asking your local politician's office to help looking into this and/or calling OINP. I've called the Program, and they are much easier to get a hold of than IRCC.