Preetidhama87

May 22, 2017
Anybody has got their status changed in the submitted OINP application :

Status details are as under:-
NOI received -26.05.2017
Application submitted-26.07.2017
Additional documents required mail- 31.07.2017
Additional documents submitted:-31.07.2017
Status changed from submitted to assessment on 01.08.2017.
No change after that...

Preetidhama87

May 22, 2017
NOC code-0122
You can submit your applications whenever the stream (HCP below 400 for ICT) opens within 6 months of your NOI. But, if it opens after 6 months of your NOI, then am afraid you will not be eligible as NOI is valid only for 6 months. We all pray that it should open up soon enough. In the meanwhile you must gather all your documents and keep therm ready.
OC

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
I am only expecting ..this is purely an opinion .. take for example these errors from the Forum threads :
1)Ticking you have Canadian Education ,while you do not ,hence not being prompted to enter you ECA serial ,dates and details
2)Not @All/ partially filling Activities Tab (that is not work related)
3)Very weak/No real POF proof
4)Work experience letter ,not including R&R or not stamped
5)Birth Certificates not fully translated
6)Scanning only few pages from Passports

In normal cases no one would blame an officer for rejecting such application ,yes till now they are asking people nicely as they were just starting the race and have plenty of time and quota ahead ,but we duuno till when they will do that and how they will act if they had time limitations VS # of pending applications ,which is more stressful as we approach end of the year and associated quota .

There are 2 approaches in this decisive period ..either stick with current applications till last drop of sweat or give others a chance of submitting a better application in terms of completeness and quality .

Again Just an opinion ...I am not forcing a probability/percentage on any of the approaches though !

I somewhat agree to your opinion. I know its a sad truth but the fact is that ICT candidates were not at all expecting this to happen suddenly in their lives. Moreover, most of us knew that the window was opened only for a while before they close it again. So most of the people rushed to gather their documents/POF (one of the major work). I am one of them and did a mad rush to complete the application. But, hopefully Ontario guys will consider this fact and will ask for missing documents/clarifications from ICT candidates. They had opened it for a purpose and when they already have applications, they will give the submitted ones a chance to showcase their documents to a certain stage. Also, only those applications might be rejected which have stark complications or misrepresentations. Hope all of us here do receive our nominations soon. All the best to everyone here on the forum!

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
I somewhat agree to your opinion. I know its a sad truth but the fact is that ICT candidates were not at all expecting this to happen suddenly in their lives. Moreover, most of us knew that the window was opened only for a while before they close it again. So most of the people rushed to gather their documents/POF (one of the major work). I am one of them and did a mad rush to complete the application. But, hopefully Ontario guys will consider this fact and will ask for missing documents/clarifications from ICT candidates. They had opened it for a purpose and when they already have applications, they will give the submitted ones a chance to showcase their documents to a certain stage. Also, only those applications might be rejected which have stark complications or misrepresentations. Hope all of us here do receive our nominations soon. All the best to everyone here on the forum!
That's Exactly what I am saying ...I do not want to be a depressive person ..I always congratulate and motivate people who is going through /had a change in process...but unfortunately life had taught us its not going into one direction all the time ....hence I must be realistic with myself and others in expressing my logic in interpreting the officers assessment paths and point of view...

Reactions: Anjanirai

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
That's Exactly what I am saying ...I do not want to be a depressive person ..I always congratulate and motivate people who is going through /had a change in process...but unfortunately life had taught us its not going into one direction all the time ....hence I must be realistic with myself and others in expressing my logic in interpreting the officers assessment paths and point of view...
Hello MED,
First of all I sure hope that your application will more to next stage and that you get your nomination soon.
I'm one of those ICT candidate witha score less than 400. I forgot to fill in the "Other activity" section. I wonder why they didn't contact me for clarifications as my application is already in Assessment status since July 21, and they can see there is a gap based on my work history which must be provided in "Other activities". Luckily I recognized that last sunday and wrote an email to them and provided the information I was supposed to put in "Other activities" section before submitting my application.
I do not know how this will sound to them.
Best of luck to you MED, and all members of this great Forum.
Best Regards,

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Hello MED,
First of all I sure hope that your application will more to next stage and that you get your nomination soon.
I'm one of those ICT candidate witha score less than 400. I forgot to fill in the "Other activity" section. I wonder why they didn't contact me for clarifications as my application is already in Assessment status since July 21, and they can see there is a gap based on my work history which must be provided in "Other activities". Luckily I recognized that last sunday and wrote an email to them and provided the information I was supposed to put in "Other activities" section before submitting my application.
Best Regards,
Good luck for you ....and u did the right thing

How they will react ? Again till this moment they are playing very nice and don't want to reject applications for missing info.
What about if there is time and quota limitations and they are running out on both sides?
Only GOD knows !!

Wish all submitted profiles will pass this bottle neck safety ...hopefully....

Last edited:

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hello MED,
Best Regards,
You are not alone in this situation. Even I did miss it and emailed them later. I am sure a lot of candidates did it.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I'm not an expert as my info is largely gathered from this forum itself only...
one logic that seemed sensible to me was that cic is now issuing ITA towards the 2018 (landed immigrants) targets & hence soon will increase the quantum of ITAs...likewise,Ontario & other provinces as well will have a higher target to be met in 2018...we saw that many (including me ) was hesitant to accept NOIs when the cut off hovered around 425+/- 10 ....and that prompted Ontario to issue NOIs to those even below 400...so it is indicative that Ontario,when it openes again ( or some time in future ) will have to bring down the criteria to less that 400 (i hope 350/375)....now that they have already issued NOIs for ict,frankly I don't think they will again pick that occupation for any preferential treatment as they'd already have got many applications from that category....however with the cut off going down,their entry barrier may be brought down from current 400 and you have to make use of the opportunity by recreating the profile the moment it reopens (if their cut off is below ur CRS ) ...also keep all ur documentation ready so as to pounce on the moment it is open...
---
you can start arranging the documentation beforehand as the application form etc are already available in their website...

iamsantho

Jul 27, 2017
Excellent post. I am at the "Awaiting Information" status on the OINP FSW process
They requested for the electronic copy of WES report and additional information on the number of hours worked in the prg that I worked earlier. I submitted both of them today. Hopefully I get nominated soon. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Any hope:( or prediction:D for future to get NOI from ontario for CRS < 400 for ICT category....

Seniors @BillHyatt @iamxty @andieangel @lino82 @scylla
and other seniors, throw some light on this hope:):););)
As per my understanding they will open only if the CRS falls below 420+/- 10 level. Ontario guys had lowered their cutoff scores due to the fact that CRS had come down to 421, 415, 423, 430 level. So the point here is that, if all the candidates will start accepting the ITAs then there will be shortfall in the number of nominations which Ontario guys have targeted. Remember ITA and OINP has a major difference of CAD 1500. Now, I had read somewhere sometime back that all the IT industry biggies/CEOs and MDs had a meeting with the immigration Minister and they had shown concern over the vacant places of IT guys/shortfall of employees. So, to fulfill this they had lowered the scores below 400 to attract IT talent in the province of Ontario. Both these reasons were strong enough to compel them to lower their scores. It will happen again when the CRS will start falling again. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Keep your docs ready!

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
I am an ICT candidate who submitted my application on the 13th of July ,got an ADR after 2 weeks which I Submitted its associated details within 30 minutes time ...and my application is yet still in the same boring Submitted phase...Hence Its not a mere reality that ICT in general were given preference all the way ..I know couple of people on this forum also in the same stage and they submitted prior to me by 2 weeks !

I am also excepting another round of NOI's after first or second week of September to compensate for Fallen, rejected and incomplete applications ...let's be honest here.... ICT people with less than 400 were not expecting this huge turn of fortune..so they rushed their way to finalize the applications ASAP which caused huge # of mistakes..not to mention the Glitches and load it caused for the system resulting in more application related errors ..furthermore many of these candidates didn't have their documents ready in the first place, but to catch the opportunity they submitted an application dress full of holes!
Hence I expect a reasonable round of NOI's in September to accommodate for this # of fallen soldiers ..
@ fallen heros.( i dont like that term) however you need to bear at the back of your mind that applications are not outrightly rejected. there is the procedural fairness stage...except the applicant is totally inelligible. And we've seen cases where oinp request for additional documentation. i believe the process is totally fair.

You should be happy that you got an ADR within 2 weeks. have u forgotten that the processing time has greatly improved? some people's oinp processing took between 6- 8 months before. I also submitted since june and it took almost a month before my status changed. i had a crs of over 400

For those that had problem due to oinp systems downtime, they would be given opportunity to upload their document if these candidate reached out to them by emails at the appropriate time. we have a testimony of someone who contacted them and he was assisted.

You can only speak for urself as regards the mistakes. oinp saw an upsurge of applications but a lot of these ict people would have been prepared, remember most of them were on the lookout for PNP's. Let us just be grateful fir this opportunity and hope for the best....we are just making wild guesses as regards predicting the timelines. i wish you the best with your application.