01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello iamxty.
I think personal activity is filled in after we get ITA , right ?
to clarify. I didnt get an ITA yet. my case is still in assessmeng.
Here is the scenario.
in EE I have listed two jobs experiences
job A :with noc 2282 that is my primary noc for which Im claiming points.
job B: a technician . Im not claiming points for this and in spite that I have listed it.
between the two jobs there is 8 months gap of an other job I did not mention in both EE profile and OINP appilication.
now let's suppose I got nomination. I am aware that I must list that 8months job in my personal history when submitting my eAPR even though I am not claiming points for it.
question 1: when an officer is processing my application, isn't he for example going to ask me why I did not include that jobu in my Oinp application?
question2: are proves required for jobs listed in personal history which are not in work history ?
Thank you so very much, I sure hope to get a response from you or any experienced memeber.
Best Regards.
First things first, you claimed points any job listed under Work History in your EE profile, that is job A and B (assuming they are both under skill type 0, A, B).

In your eAPR, you can list the 8 months job under Personal History and you don't need to provide documentary proof for those.

In your OINP profile, you did not list that 8 months job in either Work or Personal Activities, so there is already an 8-months gap, unless you indicated you were unemployed during those times, which you must do the same in your eAPR.

The point here is, both in OINP and eAPR, your Personal Activities must tally since both also ask the same activities in the last 10 years.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi guys, please someone should respond to my query. I am in desperate need of answers.

I got this additional request:

If you have a personal bank account(s) with a standing/final balance that meets or exceeds the LICO. Please provide:

· Copies of your Overseas bank statements for six months from February 1, 2017 to August 4, 2017.

My question is, since they didn't ask for an update of my statement of account, should i just print the same statement i submitted and submit again?

OR

Should I update my account by adding more money before submitting? Why I am thinking of updating is because my local currency recently depreciated against Canadian dollar.

I am confused because they didn't ask for an update of the statement. They only asked for copies.

Please help me. I need suggestions. I have less days to respond to them. I really don't know what to do. Please my people don't ignore me this time.
They are actually asking for an updated POF since they indicated until Aug. 4, which I believe you submitted your application weeks back.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
First things first, you claimed points any job listed under Work History in your EE profile, that is job A and B (assuming they are both under skill type 0, A, B).

In your eAPR, you can list the 8 months job under Personal History and you don't need to provide documentary proof for those.

In your OINP profile, you did not list that 8 months job in either Work or Personal Activities, so there is already an 8-months gap, unless you indicated you were unemployed during those times, which you must do the same in your eAPR.

The point here is, both in OINP and eAPR, your Personal Activities must tally since both also ask the same activities in the last 10 years.
Hello iamxty,
First and foremost, I truly appreciate your help.
I agree with what you said. The thing is that I mistakenly didn't answer the "other activities" section when I have submitted my OINP application.
Here what I just did, and please tell me if that was good from my side. I just wrote an Email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca in which I have explained the situation and provided the details I had forgotten to do before submitting my application. I also attached to my email the job contract to prove the 8 months job, and told them that I didn't include that job in my work history because I couldn't get a reference letter from the director of the institute where I used to teach.

In your opinion, was it a good move to clarify the situation ?, knowing that I submitted my application in July, 11, and it changed to Assessment in July, 21.
Please provide me with an answer, as I see you're very experienced.
Thank you so very much !!
Best Regards,

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello iamxty,
First and foremost, I truly appreciate your help.
I agree with what you said. The thing is that I mistakenly didn't answer the "other activities" section when I have submitted my OINP application.
Here what I just did, and please tell me if that was good from my side. I just wrote an Email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca in which I have explained the situation and provided the details I had forgotten to do before submitting my application. I also attached to my email the job contract to prove the 8 months job, and told them that I didn't include that job in my work history because I couldn't get a reference letter from the director of the institute where I used to teach.

In your opinion, was it a good move to clarify the situation ?, knowing that I submitted my application in July, 11, and it changed to Assessment in July, 21.
Please provide me with an answer, as I see you're very experienced.
Thank you so very much !!
Best Regards,
That is a good move. You can also attach some pay stubs if you have. All the best.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
That is a good move. You can also attach some pay stubs if you have. All the best.
Hello iamxty,
I used to get paid cash, and there is no way to prove that except that I have the job contract I have attached to my email.
I my home country many companies pay cash as there is no control by the authorities. For the job I'm claiming points for NOC 2282 I have attached everything (Job contract since 2012, two pay stubs from each years as recommended by OINP, reference letter).
Do you think I have enough chances to get nomination?, and based on your expertise when can I expect nomination ?
The following details may help:
CRS 315
Primary NOC 2282
application submitted: July 11
Application changed to Assessment: July 21

Thank you very much for your valuable time and encouragement !

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello iamxty,
I used to get paid cash, and there is no way to prove that except that I have the job contract I have attached to my email.
I my home country many companies pay cash as there is no control by the authorities. For the job I'm claiming points for NOC 2282 I have attached everything (Job contract since 2012, two pay stubs from each years as recommended by OINP, reference letter).
Do you think I have enough chances to get nomination?, and based on your expertise when can I expect nomination ?
The following details may help:
CRS 315
Primary NOC 2282
application submitted: July 11
Application changed to Assessment: July 21

Thank you very much for your valuable time and encouragement !
An LOE and a copy of the contract should be good.

I am no expert in OINP, I just followed and uploaded whatever is on the OINP guide. :)

I also have a work experience which I did not claim in the EE (not listed in the Work History) but I've entered it in the OINP, and I only have a contract for this job too. Between my two jobs, I have a one year gap of unemployment, which is listed in Other Activities.

Our timeline is almost the same (submission and assessment), you may expect a change by this week. All the best to you.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys, please someone should respond to my query. I am in desperate need of answers.

I got this additional request:

If you have a personal bank account(s) with a standing/final balance that meets or exceeds the LICO. Please provide:

· Copies of your Overseas bank statements for six months from February 1, 2017 to August 4, 2017.

My question is, since they didn't ask for an update of my statement of account, should i just print the same statement i submitted and submit again?

OR

Should I update my account by adding more money before submitting? Why I am thinking of updating is because my local currency recently depreciated against Canadian dollar.

I am confused because they didn't ask for an update of the statement. They only asked for copies.

Please help me. I need suggestions. I have less days to respond to them. I really don't know what to do. Please my people don't ignore me this time.
Just provide them statements for the period indicated or since Feb 1 to date. If your amount is sufficient for the moment then don't add money as it will complicate things. However, once you have received your Nomination then you can add money to be on safe side for IRCC Application.

I hope this will help.

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Wait? Joint accounts are not allowed? The POF I have submitted were for 3 accts, one under my name, one under a joint with my 2yo son and the other a joint acct with my husband. Please let me know if it is indeed not allowed.
Joint accounts are indeed not allowed. But, in case of Joint Account with spouse we you need to submit a letter from your spouse that you have full access to all the funds and that you are free to use that account/funds. Joint Account with 2 year old son should't be an issue if you are the primary account holder. Also a minor cannot give you the authority to use his/her account if he/she is a primary account holder. But it's better to get a letter from your bank or even a notarized document declaring that you have full access to use the funds in the Joint account with your son. They might come back to you asking for these letters. Also, it's not a Joint Account with some other family member so they will come back to you asking for further documentations. All the best!!

sagarskch

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi All,

For proof of funds, will OINP consider the dollar rate at the time of submission or at the time of evaluation??

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Just provide them statements for the period indicated or since Feb 1 to date. If your amount is sufficient for the moment then don't add money as it will complicate things. However, once you have received your Nomination then you can add money to be on safe side for IRCC Application.

I hope this will help.
That's the problem, I wouldn't really kniw if the amount will be sufficient give the recent depreciation of my local currency against Canadian Dollar. I wish I know the exchange rate they use. I'm really confused.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
That's the problem, I wouldn't really kniw if the amount will be sufficient give the recent depreciation of my local currency against Canadian Dollar. I wish I know the exchange rate they use. I'm really confused.
Just use the following tool for calculating the amount. Check using the date your statement was issued.
https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

This is the tool used by many Visa Offices around the world.

somm2202

Jun 27, 2017
Just use the following tool for calculating the amount. Check using the date your statement was issued.
https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

This is the tool used by many Visa Offices around the world.
Thanks you've really been helpful and you don't get tired of my questions.

I just checked, here is my timeline and exchange rate:

Printed Statement on 3/7, exchange rate was NGN266.031 per Canadian Dollar. Using this exchange rate for a family of two, our proof of fund or LICO was NGN4,072,992 and i submitted a statement of account with balance of NGN4,371,000.

Submitted my application on the 12/07, exchange rate was NGN244.678 per Canadian Dollar. Using this rate, minimum requirement for my family size will be NGN3,678,000 and my statement of account exceeds it.

Today, exchange rate is NGN285.422 per canadian dollar. Using today's rate, the minimum requirement will be NGN4,409,000 this exceeds my statement of account by less than my monthly salary.

What do you think? Should I just deposit money to make up the difference since?
OR
Should I get a Gift Deed from husband?
OR
Should I attach Fixed Deposit Certificate that will mature next month?

Please kindly respond.

Last edited: