+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
For Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, do the immigration people verify the documents before or after paying the application fees? I think the application fees is to be paid after ITA right? So, do the immigration people verify the documents before or after ITA?
Also, I intend to work for one year and then apply under Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream next year. I heard that the work experience which needs to be shown should be within the last five years. Actually, I have one year previous work experience from August 2012 - July 2013 and I had disclosed this work experience at the time of my student visa application to Canada. But, if I apply under Ontario HCPS late next year, my previous work experience doesn't come within five years. So, do I have to only show my new work experience or do I also need to show my previous work experience if I apply under Ontario HCPS late next year. The reason why I may apply late next year is I suppose Ontario HCPS will open around November next year as it is probably going to open in November this year. Please solve my queries.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
msatishxp said:
For Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, do the immigration people verify the documents before or after paying the application fees? I think the application fees is to be paid after ITA right? So, do the immigration people verify the documents before or after ITA?
Also, I intend to work for one year and then apply under Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream next year. I heard that the work experience which needs to be shown should be within the last five years. Actually, I have one year previous work experience from August 2012 - July 2013 and I had disclosed this work experience at the time of my student visa application to Canada. But, if I apply under Ontario HCPS late next year, my previous work experience doesn't come within five years. So, do I have to only show my new work experience or do I also need to show my previous work experience if I apply under Ontario HCPS late next year. The reason why I may apply late next year is I suppose Ontario HCPS will open around November next year as it is probably going to open in November this year. Please solve my queries.
Well, if you read the post on the first page, you would understand the process better.

1) Fee that you pay after you get ITA is for IRCC. (Processing fee of 550 CAD + RPRF of 490 CAD).
2) If you are applying to OINP to be considered for nomination, you have to pay the OINP processing fee of 1500 CAD while submitting your application to OINP.
3) If your application package is complete, OINP will cash the DD and send you a AOR.
4) If it is incomplete, they will return the package along with the processing fee.

Yes, you should have at least one year of work experience in the past 5 years from the date you receive a PT NOI and a CRS of 400 or more in order to be eligible to apply to OINP under the HCPS as per the current rules. The rules might change anytime and you should check the application guide/OINP updates page and get updated with latest rules at the time when you are applying.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
So, the total fees under Ontario HCPS is 550 + 490 + 1500 i.e. 2540 CAD? Also, I think by saying that I need to have minimum one year of work experience in the last five years from the date I receive a PT NOI, u mean to say I don't need to show my previous work experience that doesn't come within last five years?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
msatishxp said:
So, the total fees under Ontario HCPS is 550 + 490 + 1500 i.e. 2540 CAD? Also, I think by saying that I need to have minimum one year of work experience in the last five years from the date I receive a PT NOI, u mean to say I don't need to show my previous work experience that doesn't come within last five years?
Yes, the total fee would be 1500 (OINP fee) + {490 (RPRF) + 550 (Processing Fee)} --->> post ITA fee. You should have at least 1 year work experience in the past 5 years. However, they ask for a 10 year history, you might have to mention about your job there.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
greysky1866 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had sent "Bank certification". However, "I was requested to provide last 6 months Bank Statement. (Note: Specific Period for which the statement was required was mentioned)".

ECA: Secondly, "WES report was dfirectly to be mailed to OINP Office". Not to forget that Physical copy of WES Report was sent previously, yet the same was asked to all OINP applicants, by directy approqach to WES. Another approx. 50$ was spent on same.
Hi Greysky,

1. By bank certification do you mean the Proof of Fund Statement on the Bank Letter Head showing the requisite number of funds?. If yes I did send it with my application. If they ask me to send it I can send once again.

2. ECA Report: I had already asked WES to send the report to OINP when I sent my application. I hope they donot ask me again. Else I will have to spend another CAD 50/75.

3. Did they call you and ask the " Why Ontario" question?."

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
You mentioned 1500 (OINP fee) + {490 (RPRF) + 550 (Processing Fee)} - post ITA fee. Do u mean minus post ITA fee? Then may I ask what is post ITA fee that has to be subtracted? Also, if I have to mention my previous work experience in the 10 year history, do I also need to prove that work experience by showing bank statements, Letter of Reference, salary slips and other work experience verification documents or do I just have to mention it? The reason why I'm asking u this is because I don't have my bank statements or salary slips of my previous work experience. I can only provide work experience certificate, Letter of Reference and a salary certificate. Therefore, I'm afraid if I have to show and prove my previous work experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
msatishxp said:
You mentioned 1500 (OINP fee) + {490 (RPRF) + 550 (Processing Fee)} - post ITA fee. Do u mean minus post ITA fee? Then may I ask what is post ITA fee that has to be subtracted? Also, if I have to mention my previous work experience in the 10 year history, do I also need to prove that work experience by showing bank statements, Letter of Reference, salary slips and other work experience verification documents or do I just have to mention it? The reason why I'm asking u this is because I don't have my bank statements or salary slips of my previous work experience. I can only provide work experience certificate, Letter of Reference and a salary certificate. Therefore, I'm afraid if I have to show and prove my previous work experience.
???

Okay let me break it down for you.

---------------------------------------------------
Application Fee for OINP = CAD 1500 (Has to be submitted along with your application package to OINP)

---------------------------------------------------
After ITA

Processing fee for IRCC = CAD 550
Right of Permanent Residence Fee = CAD 490

----------------------------------------------------
Total = 1500 + 550 + 490 = CAD 2540 .
----------------------------------------------------

You need to provide documents only for the job that you claiming points for. If you don't want to claim points for your previous job, then you need not submit documents for that job.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
msatishxp said:
By the way, is any of the fee refunded if my application gets rejected?
If your application is complete and you receive a AOR but the officer finds you ineligible based on whatever reason (very rare instance), your fee will not be refunded. If your application package is deemed incomplete, it will be returned to you (you will get your DD back along with the package).

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
If you receive AOR, means your documentation is complete. If there is misrepresentation.. then only the chances are for rejection. and in such case your 1500 CAD wd not be refunded!

rajkamalmohanram said:
If your application is complete and you receive a AOR but the officer finds you ineligible based on whatever reason (very rare instance), your fee will not be refunded. If your application package is deemed incomplete, it will be returned to you (you will get your DD back along with the package).

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
pxyarala said:
Hi Greysky,

1. By bank certification do you mean the Proof of Fund Statement on the Bank Letter Head showing the requisite number of funds?. If yes I did send it with my application. If they ask me to send it I can send once again.

Answer: I had sent "Bank Certificate" as proof of funds? However, I was asked to sent "6 mths bank statement" after receiving AOR mail.

2. ECA Report: I had already asked WES to send the report to OINP when I sent my application. I hope they donot ask me again. Else I will have to spend another CAD 50/75.

Answer: Yes, they will again ask to request WES to directly sent WES copy to OINP Address.

3. Did they call you and ask the " Why Ontario" question?."

Answer: No, they have not asked "Why Ontario"?

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi Group,

Pls guide me on below mentioned queries:

Ques 1: My CIC is expiring on 22-Oct-2016 as it will complete 1 year? What will be the next process? Do I again hv to create new file?

Ques 2: MY IELTS score will expire on 2-Oct-16? I hv again given IELTS exam and my new score is L-8.5, R/W/S- 7 each. How should I update the same in MY CIC? Do In need to mail the new copy to OINP mail id?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
greysky1866 said:
Hi Group,

Pls guide me on below mentioned queries:

Ques 1: My CIC is expiring on 22-Oct-2016 as it will complete 1 year? What will be the next process? Do I again hv to create new file?

Ques 2: MY IELTS score will expire on 2-Oct-16? I hv again given IELTS exam and my new score is L-8.5, R/W/S- 7 each. How should I update the same in MY CIC? Do In need to mail the new copy to OINP mail id?
1) You mean your EE profile. Yes. Re-create the profile and send the details of the new profile to OINP.
2) You can update your EE profile with the new scores. Also, send a copy of the TRF to OINP via E-mail.

ihopethisworksout

Apr 11, 2016
Quick Question:

1) My express entry profile expires in December 2016 and since OINP might not get back to me in time, I might have to create a new EE profile at that point. I took my CELPIP english test in August 2015. Will I be able to use those test results again or will I have to go for a test again?

2) Hypothetically speaking if I were able to use it again but decide to take another one to improve my score, could I do that?

Thanks