OINP Application sent in November 2015

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
I will loose 5 points because of my age in June. I read in the OINP booklet that they will reject the applicant if it happens before Express Entry submission. As I am waiting for almost 6 month (168 days) for the nominee, do you think that they accept it as an exception? My score will drop to 398. What do you suggest?
Thanks
sorry to say but yes you have to withdraw your application if your CRS score below 400 at anytime during the process.

suggestion: You must withdraw your application otherwise they will reject the application which will result in your losing money. If you withdraw it before processing has started they will return your draft.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
A request to everyone who's received their AORs.
Can you please check with your bank as to when the DD was encashed ?
This will give others an idea about when to check with the bank to indicate a possible AOR.

kaka198300

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patnikrishna said:
A request to everyone who's received their AORs.
Can you please check with your bank as to when the DD was encashed ?
This will give others an idea about when to check with the bank to indicate a possible AOR.
I asked the bank, they said that actually once you make a bank draft, the money is already cashed out from your account... and then the OINP just transfer to their account by tanking your bank draft...

kaka198300

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
I will loose 5 points because of my age in June. I read in the OINP booklet that they will reject the applicant if it happens before Express Entry submission. As I am waiting for almost 6 month (168 days) for the nominee, do you think that they accept it as an exception? My score will drop to 398. What do you suggest?
Thanks
Is it possible to retake your IELTS to get a higher score?

hearobear

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaka198300 said:
I asked the bank, they said that actually once you make a bank draft, the money is already cashed out from your account... and then the OINP just transfer to their account by tanking your bank draft...
it's still possible for your bank to track the status of the bank draft.. I went to my bank earlier and they said that they have to call the main branch to liaise with the bank in CA. If you are able to get the bank draft within the 6 month period then the money is easily credited back to you, but if it goes passed this period it will be harder to get the money back

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
kaka198300 said:
Is it possible to retake your IELTS to get a higher score?
You do not need to worry if you lose points due to age. So long as you were eligible when you applied it is perfectly fine.

You can even check with others like Raj / PPahuja on this.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
Thanks
Retake IELTS and target CLB 9 (LRWS 8777). It will help you maintain a score above 400.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
Thanks
If points drop AFTER you get PT because of your age, you don't have to worry - you are still eligible. Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
You do not need to worry if you lose points due to age. So long as you were eligible when you applied it is perfectly fine.

You can even check with others like Raj / PPahuja on this.
Good advice Piyush! +1

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
Thanks
Yes, losing points to age will be an exception, OINP will consider it. No need to withdraw your application or retake the IELTS (unless it will expire during the process) at all.

amirut88

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys very much (rajkamalmohanram-PiyushAgrawal06121985-bellaluna-bestofluck-kaka198300-Stanlee).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
amirut88 said:
Thank you guys very much (rajkamalmohanram-PiyushAgrawal06121985-bellaluna-bestofluck-kaka198300-Stanlee).
7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400
You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and
your Application for Permanent Residence to CIC.
You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS
score. These include:
 Marriage or common-law relationships;
 Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
 Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian
Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the
last three).
It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update your information
in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in your circumstances so that your
CRS score is accurately calculated. If a change in circumstance results in your CRS
score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls
below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee
application.
If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been
nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP
of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your
nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your CRS score falls below 400 will
result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by CIC.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bestofluck said:
7.2 MAINTAINING A MINIMUM CRS SCORE OF 400
You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and
your Application for Permanent Residence to CIC.
You should be aware that changes in personal circumstance can affect your CRS
score. These include:
 Marriage or common-law relationships;
 Change in English or French language levels following revised testing; and
 Work experience falling out of the eligibility period for the Canadian
Experience Class (i.e., no longer having one year of Canadian work within the
last three).
It is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure that you update your information
in the Express Entry portal if there is a change in your circumstances so that your
CRS score is accurately calculated. If a change in circumstance results in your CRS
score falling below 400, it is your responsibility to inform OINP. If your score falls
below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee
application.
If your CRS score falls below 400 after you have already been
nominated, but before you apply for Permanent Residence, you must inform OINP
of the change in your CRS score, at which point OINP will withdraw your
nomination. Note that failure to contact OINP if your CRS score falls below 400 will
result in a refusal of your Application for Permanent Residence by CIC.
This has been confirmed by applicants directly with OINP. OINP has clarified that points drop because of age will not be a problem.

Please note that recently, one applicant came to me with questions regarding to her IELTS expiry. I asked her to write to OINP about the same. She got a reply saying that IELTS scores need not necessarily be valid throughout the process and it is sufficient if the IELTS is valid at the time of submission of application package. This part is not covered in the application guide - you get this via research, harnessing information from applicants who have faced this situation and from helping other applicants - not any other way.

So, please be advised of this fact and the next time you want to answer this question, take all this into consideration and while you are at it, please do some research on your own.

roshantrv83

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
amirut88 said:
Hi Guys,
Thanks
You should have applied to NB pnp and PEI pnp program too. They have closed intake application now. You can check their official webpage for new status.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
This has been confirmed by applicants directly with OINP. OINP has clarified that points drop because of age will not be a problem.

Please note that recently, one applicant came to me with questions regarding to her IELTS expiry. I asked her to write to OINP about the same. She got a reply saying that IELTS scores need not necessarily be valid throughout the process and it is sufficient if the IELTS is valid at the time of submission of application package. This part is not covered in the application guide - you get this via research, harnessing information from applicants who have faced this situation and from helping other applicants - not any other way.

So, please be advised of this fact and the next time you want to answer this question, take all this into consideration and while you are at it, please do some research on your own.
yes but than you must advise the applicant to contact Ontario via mail and confirm it for himself/herself and not straight away say that the scores drop does not affect, until it is revised in the guide. IF they can change norms they can very well change again. your duty is to guide applicant and ask him to mail them immediately and get it confirmed. you cant be God and make your own guide revising it everyday. Because in situation like rejection , Ontario will show you the guide and than you must have a confirmed mail to respond. you wont say just because raj told me .......what matters is the email conversion and not your name, so guide accordingly.