+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

malican

May 24, 2016
Sent in my application in Nov 2015 and got AOR in Feb 2016. Got a few phone calls then an email stating my file has been forwarded to a Senior Processing Officer for a decision. However, the 90 days timeline had passed from AOR to receiving the email so I emailed them in end Apr to ask about a status... would you believe that they finally responded to an email 2 months old... yesterday! After all, I already spoke with someone after I sent my email in Apr.

Or should I just be thankful that I got a response 2 months after?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
malican said:
Sent in my application in Nov 2015 and got AOR in Feb 2016. Got a few phone calls then an email stating my file has been forwarded to a Senior Processing Officer for a decision. However, the 90 days timeline had passed from AOR to receiving the email so I emailed them in end Apr to ask about a status... would you believe that they finally responded to an email 2 months old... yesterday! After all, I already spoke with someone after I sent my email in Apr.

What was the response?

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
malican said:

Can you please tell us what's happening with your file?
In the email you've got, stating your file is with a senior officer, have you seen any name initial? If yes please say what was it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
FYI, a mid November applicant got additional document request yesterday. He was asked to submit reference letters, payslips for a job he was working in the UK.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe he had submitted those docs earlier in with his initial parcel, otherwise, his application would have been returned.
The question is, why do they do it.
I have already prepared updated reference letters, bank statements, and paystubs just in case.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Skvach said:
I believe he had submitted those docs earlier in with his initial parcel, otherwise, his application would have been returned.
The question is, why do they do it.
I have already prepared updated reference letters, bank statements, and paystubs just in case.
I submitted reference letter, payslips and proof of funds (along with ECA) UPFRONT AFTER I got AOR but still, I was asked to submit the same documentation again 2 months later. I do not follow the logic behind that.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I submitted reference letter, payslips and proof of funds (along with ECA) UPFRONT AFTER I got AOR but still, I was asked to submit the same documentation again 2 months later. I do not follow the logic behind that.
Same here - they had sent me an email requesting for duplicate ECA + PoF (6 months statement) on May 4th. Then on May 18th I got an email informing me that my application is now in the decision phase. Still now I am waiting. :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rohitbites said:
Same here - they had sent me an email requesting for duplicate ECA + PoF (6 months statement) on May 4th. Then on May 18th I got an email informing me that my application is now in the decision phase. Still now I am waiting. :p
I did not get any such e-mail but when I called them like a month back, the operator connected to my officer and asked him about the status. My officer had told him that my application and the supporting documentations that I had sent had already been reviewed and I should hear back frm OINP shortly.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Piyush was the one who took time to tabulate the contents initially. The credit goes to him!
Haha.. Thanks man! But good job on keeping them up to date and active. I do try and pitch in if possible!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
maged_mmh said:
raj, can you help us and others in Dec, Jan, & Feb threads to have unified formatting? maybe get in touch with the threads admins to liaise, if not too much trouble for you, time permitting of course.
Maged, you can use the "Quote" option to first get the table formatting and then replace the values as per the sheet you have.

If you want me to have a look, I can do it for you. Just post the latest table and we'll get it formatted.

malican

May 24, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I did not get any such e-mail but when I called them like a month back, the operator connected to my officer and asked him about the status. My officer had told him that my application and the supporting documentations that I had sent had already been reviewed and I should hear back frm OINP shortly.
Hey Raj - what number do you contact them at? I try the general line and all extensions refer me to their website.

malican

May 24, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
What was the response?
The response said -

Processing is taking longer than usual due to the large number of applications in their inventory. And OINP appreciates my patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received.

Seems a bit generic right? Just thankful for a response.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
malican said:
The response said -

Processing is taking longer than usual due to the large number of applications in their inventory. And OINP appreciates my patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received.

Seems a bit generic right? Just thankful for a response.
This is indeed generic. Copy paste reply, as usual.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
author=malican link=topic=382152.msg5281068#msg5281068 date=1466804944]
Hey Raj - what number do you contact them at? I try the general line and all extensions refer me to their website.
They have disabled the "speak to an operator" feature on their IVR. I mean, it still says "Press 0 to speak to an operator" but as soon as I pressed it, it asks for 10 digit mail box number. I dialed the number of my officer and no one picked the phone. There was no voicemail for God's sake.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
They have disabled the "speak to an operator" feature on their IVR. I mean, it still says "Press 0 to speak to an operator" but as soon as I pressed it, it asks for 10 digit mail box number. I dialed the number of my officer and no one picked the phone. There was no voicemail for God's sake.
Incorrect - On Thursday only I had a word with them.

You need to call in second half, and have to try multiple times back to back to get a hold on a operator.