AOR: Awaiting
BIL: Sep 14
Bio Completed & Updated on GC Key: Sep 19
Pre-Arrival: Sep 20
PA Eligibility Approval: Sep 25

sauravkhanna96

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I received BIL yesterday too. Have you received AOR now?
Called IRCC and they told me not to apply for OWP till i receive AOR even though i now have an application number.
Hello, yes I received AOR and further updates as well. When is your work permit expiring?

jauntrocks

Sep 4, 2024
I called IRCC and they told me the only conditions for applying for an Open Work Permit are if the principal applicant is
  • in a genuine relationship with your sponsor
  • included in an application for permanent residence, and have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)letter confirming that your permanent residence application is being processed
    • The AOR must be for your permanent resident application. You can’t use the AOR your sponsor received when they applied to sponsor you.
  • living in Canada with your sponsor
However, you may apply without AOR if they are about lose their status within 2 weeks, i guess.

I see! I have a friend who needed to submit an additional document but was able to apply for an Open Work Permit. I will ask them how they got AOR.

Charlamanderxxxx

Jun 27, 2024
Toronto
Category........
FAM
I called IRCC and they told me the only conditions for applying for an Open Work Permit are if the principal applicant is
  • in a genuine relationship with your sponsor
  • included in an application for permanent residence, and have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)letter confirming that your permanent residence application is being processed
    • The AOR must be for your permanent resident application. You can’t use the AOR your sponsor received when they applied to sponsor you.
  • living in Canada with your sponsor
However, you may apply without AOR if they are about lose their status within 2 weeks, i guess.
my friend got AOR a day after they resubmitted the application, I do not know if that is a coincidence. From my understanding and experience, AOR only goes to the sponsor's email and it is no longer a letter. Just an email. My friends got that and were able to apply for OWP just fine. Unless this is new and I do not know about.

Reactions: YVR123

funnyboat

Nov 15, 2021
my friend got AOR a day after they resubmitted the application, I do not know if that is a coincidence. From my understanding and experience, AOR only goes to the sponsor's email and it is no longer a letter. Just an email. My friends got that and were able to apply for OWP just fine. Unless this is new and I do not know about.
My common-in-law also applied for WP after we got her AOR and it was approved within a week.

Reactions: Charlamanderxxxx

Sanjeevrich

Oct 11, 2024
Application Submitted : August 28, 2024
PA status: Visitor Visa
PA Residence: GTA, Ontario.
Sponsor: Citizen

After submitting my inland spousal sponsorship application on August 28, 2024, until today, October 11, 2024, despite checking my email every day, I have not yet received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) from IRCC. Do you have any way to inquire about the AOR status? Could you kindly provide me with detailed instructions? Thank you!

Charlamanderxxxx

Jun 27, 2024
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Application Submitted : August 28, 2024
PA status: Visitor Visa
PA Residence: GTA, Ontario.

After submitting my inland spousal sponsorship application on August 28, 2024, until today, October 11, 2024, despite checking my email every day, I have not yet received the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) from IRCC. Do you have any way to inquire about the AOR status? Could you kindly provide me with detailed instructions? Thank you!
Hi. I am so sorry to hear that but you might have to wait. Try checking the trending here and see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=1154618179

You can also try calling IRCC and ask? but they might suggest you wait as well

Reactions: Sanjeevrich

MajS

Sep 19, 2024
Application Submitted: Sept 16
PA status: Work permit
PA Residence: MTL, Quebec
AOR: received Oct 15 th
Update: I received a letter requesting that I submit an updated IMM5669 on Oct 10.
The sponsor received a letter requesting that an undertaking application be submitted to the Provincial Government ( Quebec ) on Oct 15th.

Last edited: