+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**OCTOBER 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS**

nNai

Mar 25, 2016
Is there any fall 2016 applicants from Quebec?

I'm curious because since June 2016, they have extended their 25-day timeframe due to excess applications. They are currently processing family sponsorship applications received by September 15, 2016, so their wait time looks to be about 3 months. In older threads about spousal sponsor ship for Quebec residents, people said they wouldn't hold up the PR process at all because it was a mere 20-30 days. Now that it looks to be considerably more, I'm wondering how it will affect my spousal sponsorship, so I was curious if anyone else from Quebec could share a recent experience.

On the Quebec website they do state something that makes me hopeful;
"Since the Ministère is working with the IRCC to ensure that these files are processed, there will not be any additional delays in issuing permanent residence visas to sponsored persons. Steps have also been taken to ensure that the parties involved do not have to be concerned about the date of issue of their Certificat de sélection du Québec. The Ministère will look after this in concert with the IRCC."
I'm not sure how there could be no delays for the PR issuance, unless IRCC decides to just go ahead with my application without waiting for Quebec, but I don't even know what number to use to call IRCC, so I can't be sure.

If anyone has any thoughts or insight, I'd appreciate your comments. For reference, I submitted my whole sponsorship application in October 2016, and submitted the Quebec part in November 2016.

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
nNai said:
you might want to talk with Grizzlyman, see:

Grizzlyman said:
Since October myCIC had requested (an additional document) and continues to wait for it.
This document is the CSQ required from Quebec.
Quebec MIDI is some months behind, but it was finally approved on November 22nd.
On December 13th we got an email from Hong Kong telling us that they had received our CSQ.

As time went by, we watched and watched hoping to see the status change. But as you can see above. It hadn't.
So last night I decided to call MIDI in Quebec directly and ask a few questions:
1: Is there a reason why Hong Kong would have received my approval for so long ago without us not have received a letter yet?
2: Will it be problematic if the letter never arrives (as they send it regular post, and China may lose or toss out as much as 30% of regular mail coming from abroad) when we arrive in Canada?

Firstly, I was told that the VO will only get notification that it had been approved.

Yet, my concern came after the second question.
Apparently, as anyone dealing with Quebec may know, when you get the CSQ there is one copy that needs to be sent to the VO, and another one is to be kept by the applicant. People have found that the VO does not always get notification directly and find themselves in hot water for not forwarding a copy themselves in these cases.
However, what I was told by MIDI was, that regardless of the VO getting word of our CSQ acceptance, the letter will also need to be forwarded in every case.
I was also told that it can take 8 - 10 weeks for the letter to arrive upon it being mailed out.

I was advised to request a duplicate, despite those 8 - 10 weeks not having passed and was given instructions on how to do so. So, if nothing arrives by weeks end we will do so.

So.. if you are planning to land in Quebec and applying for CSQ, it appears that the copy that is meant to be forwarded to CIC must ALWAYS be, regardless of whether the VO receives a copy directly or not.

Postscript: While writing, I peeked (yet again) at MyCIC and suddenly find the Background Check "In Progress"...
Good News!
Although, they still want that "additional document".

Cath-Toronto

Jun 22, 2016
Hello! I just got an email from CIC asking for more proof of cohabitation (and my medicals are now passed and our background check is in-progress). We already sent:

-A letter from our landlord stating that we have lived there together for over a year (we do not have a formal lease)
-Me listed as his common-law partner on his benefits at work
-Letters from our family and friends (two notarized) that say that we have lived together for over a year
-Drivers licenses that list the same address
-My old study permits, which list the same address

He pays the rent and the utilities, so financially we do not split anything in the house, and we do not have joint bank accounts.

Wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and if there is anything else that you can recommend us sending!

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Cath-Toronto said:
Hello! I just got an email from CIC asking for more proof of cohabitation (and my medicals are now passed and our background check is in-progress). We already sent:

-A letter from our landlord stating that we have lived there together for over a year (we do not have a formal lease)
-Letters from our family and friends (two notarized) that say that we have lived together for over a year

He pays the rent and the utilities, so financially we do not split anything in the house, and we do not have joint bank accounts.

Wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and if there is anything else that you can recommend us sending!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

Here is a list of things on CIC website that you can try providing.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Cath-Toronto said:

there is a PDF i also would like to share but i dont know how to upload it.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is doing Great. I have emailed Ankara regarding my wife's application and got the following message about 12 hours later from them:
"
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent E-Mail enquiry.
We will shortly be requesting applicant’s passport for visa issuance. The E-Mail address was already updated.

We trust that this information is of assistance.

Regards,

Immigration Section/Section d'immigration
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Cad. No: 58 Cankaya
Ankara - Turkey
Tel: (312) 409 27 00
Fax:(312) 409 27 14
E-Mail: ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

I got very lucky to get an answer from them this fast I guess. I will be waiting for the request. Hope everyone receives good news today.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
This is what i received when i emailed Manila VO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that this application is still in progress. Our office will advise you of any additional documentary requirements which we may have or if any further information or results may become available. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated as we continue processing this application.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.

For all other case related questions, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties with your online application, please use the Case Specific Enquiry form.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
nNai said:

I'm curious because since June 2016, they have extended their 25-day timeframe due to excess applications. They are currently processing family sponsorship applications received by September 15, 2016, so their wait time looks to be about 3 months. In older threads about spousal sponsor ship for Quebec residents, people said they wouldn't hold up the PR process at all because it was a mere 20-30 days. Now that it looks to be considerably more, I'm wondering how it will affect my spousal sponsorship, so I was curious if anyone else from Quebec could share a recent experience.

On the Quebec website they do state something that makes me hopeful;
"Since the Ministère is working with the IRCC to ensure that these files are processed, there will not be any additional delays in issuing permanent residence visas to sponsored persons. Steps have also been taken to ensure that the parties involved do not have to be concerned about the date of issue of their Certificat de sélection du Québec. The Ministère will look after this in concert with the IRCC."
I'm not sure how there could be no delays for the PR issuance, unless IRCC decides to just go ahead with my application without waiting for Quebec, but I don't even know what number to use to call IRCC, so I can't be sure.

If anyone has any thoughts or insight, I'd appreciate your comments. For reference, I submitted my whole sponsorship application in October 2016, and submitted the Quebec part in November 2016.
I have no insights but I'm in the same boat as you so at least I can commiserate? I'm hoping the CSQ doesn't slow anything down. Our timelines seem to be similar though, so hopefully we get good news around the same time :)

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Today my background check is changed from Not needed at this time to In Progress !
Whats next pls advise !

Thanks

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
rlcdeleña said:
This is what i received when i emailed Manila VO

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that this application is still in progress. Our office will advise you of any additional documentary requirements which we may have or if any further information or results may become available. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated as we continue processing this application.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.

For all other case related questions, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties with your online application, please use the Case Specific Enquiry form.

I am sure you miss your partner ...but remember our processing time is 12 months you have to prepare yourself for the waiting game ...inquiring will not help you
be patient ...in gods time ..you'll get it

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
ofcourse we all do miss our partners.. but its never bad to ask what is going on to my husband papers...Gods time

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
2nd email reply from MVO

Dear Sir/Madam,

We received your email regarding file number xxxxxxxxxxx on 11 January 2017. We note that the file was received on 11 October 2016.

If you have sent us this email to report important changes regarding your application, we will add this information to your file. This email serves as your confirmation of receipt for these documents. Please be assured that this information will be brought to the attention of the appropriate authority.

We note that this file is currently within processing standards. We do not respond to status enquiries if the application is within normal processing times.

Thank you.

Visa Section

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
I'm wondering if it is possible to provide more evidence of proof you plan to relocate to Canada once PR is granted. I was unable to provide much information at the time of application and am wanting to make stronger case to avoid any request's later down the line. What sort of things have people provided?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Emily12 said:
I'm wondering if it is possible to provide more evidence of proof you plan to relocate to Canada once PR is granted. I was unable to provide much information at the time of application and am wanting to make stronger case to avoid any request's later down the line. What sort of things have people provided?
You can, you will attach supporting document to the email : provide your UCI number, DOB, Name, Country of birth and below explain to them that you are submitting more documents to be added to your initial application.This is what i did just recently.

hope this answer your question...Goodluck.

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016