+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
I received my test invite yesterday(updated spreadsheet already) by mail, my name is "GH" in the spreadsheet btw.

Test is scheduled on Dec 9th, which I can't attend as I have a trip booked 6 months ago to visit my parents(haven't seen them for 2 years).

Anyone know what's the proper process to inform IRCC about reschedule? if reschedule, how long do people normally wait after the original test invite date?

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
are you in canada or you already traveled?
ghnboy said:
I received my test invite yesterday(updated spreadsheet already) by mail, my name is "GH" in the spreadsheet btw.

Test is scheduled on Dec 9th, which I can't attend as I have a trip booked 6 months ago to visit my parents(haven't seen them for 2 years).

Anyone know what's the proper process to inform IRCC about reschedule? if reschedule, how long do people normally wait after the original test invite date?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghnboy said:
I'm still in Canada, will be away for 10 days in December....
if i am in your place..i will go for the test and delay my home trip.. coz the process is already to unpredictable.. and if we contribute to delay the process...then might be the case got delayed significantly.. and it will go back to queue.. i dont know how long the queue will be..

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
imran01 said:
if i am in your place..i will go for the test and delay my home trip.. coz the process is already to unpredictable.. and if we contribute to delay the process...then might be the case got delayed significantly.. and it will go back to queue.. i dont know how long the queue will be..
Thanks for the advice...unfortunately the ticket I bought is not changable....anyone ever tried to reschedule before?

I talked to IRCC agent, she said i don't have to do anything until I miss the test. Basically I only can send letter to IRCC local office to explain, then they will send me reschedule invite...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghnboy said:
Thanks for the advice...unfortunately the ticket I bought is not changable....anyone ever tried to reschedule before?

I talked to IRCC agent, she said i don't have to do anything until I miss the test. Basically I only can send letter to IRCC local office to explain, then they will send me reschedule invite...
i didn't read on this forum about missing deliberately.. but i read that someone failed..and get test invite again in month time..
what i saw your case is individual..so might be its a problem of 1 ticket.. like $$$ or 1$$$... for me its shouldn't be problem if i see the big picture of getting Canadian citizenship

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghnboy said:

Don't wait to miss the test. Write a letter to the address provided on the test invite letter at your local office requesting a rescheduling of the test. There have been other members in the past that have rescheduled their test but unfortunately I can't remember the name(s)....

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
Rigly68 said:
Don't wait to miss the test. Write a letter to the address provided on the test invite letter at your local office requesting a rescheduling of the test. There have been other members in the past that have rescheduled their test but unfortunately I can't remember the name(s)....
Thanks, I wrote a letter via WebForm last night which is what they recommend, maybe I will write a letter to local office.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almosthere100 said:
you guys received the invitation letter for the test via email or regular mail ?
can you see it on e-cas ?
Test letter is sent through regular mail. And yes it should update on eCas as well but sometimes it won't. It showed on my eCas before the actual letter arrived but there are other members who never had eCas updated....

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Get your test date
We will send you a notice with the time and date for your test.

If you are not available on the date and time of your appointment, write us a letter of explanation. Send this letter to the office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail or online, using this Web form. We will schedule your appointment on a different date.

If you do not attend the test, you must contact us the IRCC office handling your application or we will close your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp

ghnboy said:

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
This is where i'm getting confused. Agent on the phone told me not to do anything until i miss the test, I will have 30 days to explain or they will automatically reschedule for me.
I also sent a letter via WebForm to CIC last night, but the agent told me not too..

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghnboy said:
This is where i'm getting confused. Agent on the phone told me not to do anything until i miss the test, I will have 30 days to explain or they will automatically reschedule for me.
I also sent a letter via WebForm to CIC last night, but the agent told me not too..
Go with what is on the letter.... you did the right thing in my opinion.

Almosthere100

Oct 17, 2016
Rigly68 said:
Test letter is sent through regular mail. And yes it should update on eCas as well but sometimes it won't. It showed on my eCas before the actual letter arrived but there are other members who never had eCas updated....
Thanks !

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
Thanks! I'll wait for a few days see what they reply....Maybe I will drop a mail to them while I'm away....
Rigly68 said:
Go with what is on the letter.... you did the right thing in my opinion.