9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
Applechunks said:
Did you receive anything yet BrianDell??
I can't seem to update the spreadsheet but I just received SA today (Tuesday, Jan 6), 81 days after the application arrived in Mississauga on Friday, October 17.

I received the SA email at 7:40 pm EST. It mentioned the same UCI and application number as the AOR, stated my full address (I am the sponsor) and said:
"Dear Brian....
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad.... you may contact the visa office by email, fax, or in writing as follows:
Beijing
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
[address]
[email link]
[fax #]

This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

If you received this communication by e-mail, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

Reminder - your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support.
[blah blah]
Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,
Officer CN
Case Processing Centre Mississauga"

Applechunks

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/30/2014
AOR Received.
AOR 12/24/14, SA 12/29/14
File Transfer...
Sydney 01/06/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/07/2014, Meds received ECAS 01/06/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision made 3/6/15, PPR 3/31/15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 04/27/15
LANDED..........
08/08/15
BrianDell said:
I can't seem to update the spreadsheet but I just received SA today (Tuesday, Jan 6), 81 days after the application arrived in Mississauga on Friday, October 17.

I received the SA email at 7:40 pm EST. It mentioned the same UCI and application number as the AOR, stated my full address (I am the sponsor) and said:
"Dear Brian....
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad.... you may contact the visa office by email, fax, or in writing as follows:
Beijing
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
[address]
[email link]
[fax #]

This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

If you received this communication by e-mail, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once completed forward this information directly to the visa office above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must also forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

[blah blah]
Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the CIC website.

Sincerely,
Officer CN
I can't get over your wait time (!!!!) but I'm glad you got SA...onto the next round of waiting now.

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
Special circumstances for us are

1) she applied for a tourist visa before we were married and she was rejected. They said she'd overstay and ticked off travel history, reason for visit, her assets and financial status as reasons for believing that, plus ticked off insufficient funds to maintain herself in Canada and effect her departure. Except for purpose of visit (which i said was to see my friends and family in my letter saying I'd support her visit financially), these reasons seemed dubious because she had already met up with me in Florida on a US visa without any violations or issues just a few months earlier. This reminds me though, that she had a UCI number in her rejection letter and I neglected to include that number in her PR app. Not including that UCI number of hers obviously wasn't an obstacle to my getting SA.

2) Medical wasn't done upfront. The local panel physician insisted on waiting until the country visa office contacted him. However, we now have a letter, addressed to me the sponsor, threatening delay so she will now wave my SA letter in his face where it says that and if he continues to stall we'll file a complaint about him.

3) No birth certificate for her, and it's on the identity and civil status docs checklist. I wrote two full pages single spaced on how we did absolutely everything humanly possible to get this, and listed all the civil authorities they could double-check with to confirm that this document was not available. Post 1990s China issues birth certificates, but before then the "household register" was the definitive document so whether one could get a birth certificate depends on the locality and circumstances.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
gehtrew said:
Received A.O.R.Today.Sent application on 20th October 2014.Hoping all other Oct.Applicants receive A.O.R. or S.A.Soon.

Congrats :) SA soon

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
BrianDell said:

"Dear Brian....
Beijing
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
[address]
[email link]
[fax #]

[blah blah]

Sincerely,
Officer CN
Congrats to you as well. Looks like the wheels are finally turning

Applechunks

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/30/2014
AOR Received.
AOR 12/24/14, SA 12/29/14
File Transfer...
Sydney 01/06/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/07/2014, Meds received ECAS 01/06/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision made 3/6/15, PPR 3/31/15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 04/27/15
LANDED..........
08/08/15
BrianDell said:
Special circumstances for us are

1) she applied for a tourist visa before we were married and she was rejected. They said she'd overstay and ticked off travel history, reason for visit, her assets and financial status as reasons for believing that, plus ticked off insufficient funds to maintain herself in Canada and effect her departure. Except for purpose of visit (which i said was to see my friends and family in my letter saying I'd support her visit financially), these reasons seemed dubious because she had already met up with me in Florida on a US visa without any violations or issues just a few months earlier. This reminds me though, that she had a UCI number in her rejection letter and I neglected to include that number in her PR app. Not including that UCI number of hers obviously wasn't an obstacle to my getting SA.

2) Medical wasn't done upfront. The local panel physician insisted on waiting until the country visa office contacted him. However, we now have a letter, addressed to me the sponsor, threatening delay so she will now wave my SA letter in his face where it says that and if he continues to stall we'll file a complaint about him.

3) No birth certificate for her, and it's on the identity and civil status docs checklist. I wrote two full pages single spaced on how we did absolutely everything humanly possible to get this, and listed all the civil authorities they could double-check with to confirm that this document was not available. Post 1990s China issues birth certificates, but before then the "household register" was the definitive document so whether one could get a birth certificate depends on the locality and circumstances.
That's a lot of obstacles! Hopefully the panel physician will see reason now and do as requested. Surely there's provision for the birth certificate situation? She can't possibly be the only person from China to immigrate without a birth cert. it sounds like you've gone to great lengths to obtain one.
Good luck with everything!

imcconnell

Oct 9, 2014
Just got the notice that the application is in its final stage! Not sure how long this takes? They've asked for some pictures and photocopies of passport-- I thought the final stage was them requesting the actual passport of the applicant? Can anyone help with this?

For context, I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British citizen wife.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
imcconnell said:
Just got the notice that the application is in its final stage! Not sure how long this takes? They've asked for some pictures and photocopies of passport-- I thought the final stage was them requesting the actual passport of the applicant? Can anyone help with this?

For context, I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my British citizen wife.
when did you send in your application? your best bet is to post this question in the thread specific to the London visa office. most on here is waiting for sponsorship approval, so they won't have any advice as to how the end of the process works. please try to limit to posting your questions to relevant threads.

go here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
imcconnell said:
The application actually never went to London; it stayed in Mississauga the entire time.
oh! you are one of those files! i highly suggest then you definitely share this and your stats on the London thread. they are tracking this sort of information. Apparently, some files get processed at the same time in mississauga. it seems to be something new for "non-complicated" files. no one really knows how they are chosen. congrats!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
imcconnell said:
Thank you! I'm just curious-- why wouldn't they ask for original passport?
if your wife is british, she is visa exempt and they do not need her physical passport. for visa exempt applicants, all they need is a copy to confirm the expiry date, passport number, and name. a lot of visa exempt applicants don't even get passport request.

imcconnell

Oct 9, 2014
Oh, I see -- does the 'final stage' typically take long? (I've reposted the question in the London thread also, but really appreciate the help!) :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
imcconnell said:
Oh, I see -- does the 'final stage' typically take long? (I've reposted the question in the London thread also, but really appreciate the help!) :)
it depends on the office, so hopefully those with the same experience from the UK can shed some light. generally, for visa exempt applicants it's pretty quick, less than 4 weeks. i got mine from ottawa in 2!

imcconnell

Oct 9, 2014
Brilliant, thanks! I assume that the only passport copies and photos they need are hers, not mine (even though they say 'spouse' on the paper somewhere).