+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applications

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
RabbiGill said:
Hi,
I called up CIC service desk, and asked about my application. They responded by saying that we dont have any clue on those applications, but forwarded me an email with the CIO's email enquiries details. The information I have posted is from the automated response that came from the CIO as a response to my query.

Hello :)!

I have the same problem. I called them but they dont have access to any files. Could you please let me know which email address did you use to contact them?

Thanks

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elnazdel said:
Hello :)!

I have the same problem. I called them but they dont have access to any files. Could you please let me know which email address did you use to contact them?

Thanks
Yup don't bother calling with regards to your CEC application. This is because all CEC applications are considered to be "Outland/Made outside Canada" (makes no sense I know). The CIC call center only has access to applications made "in Canada" and sometime last year, they decided to enforce this technicality although most of us are in Canada and our applications have never left Canada, and are being processed in Ottawa.

If you've gotten your AOR, email the immigrations section of CPP Ottawa. Here are the instructions :
By email

Use this ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca e-mail to ask CPP-O about a Permanent Resident case.
After you have sent your e-mail, you will receive an automatic message acknowledging that we have received your question. This message will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered. If you do not receive this message within 24 hours, then it may be in your junk mail box or you may have entered your email address incorrectly.
Make sure that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to help us identify your application.
Do not send repeat enquiries, this includes sending the same enquiry by multiple means, as it creates confusion and can delay our reply.

chandrats

Dec 20, 2012
I sent my documents in OCT-2012 and I got AOR in November. In december I got married and I sent my spouse documents in Feb 21st to add to my application. Till now I have not received any kind of acknowledgement regarding this. Did they update status any where or do send any mail regarding status update. Please advise?

newMember

Mar 14, 2013
My status is showing as "Application Received", can someone suggest what happens next? Will my file be transferred to a visa office? or will it go to In Process status now (of-course if it is considered eligible :)) ?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
newMember said:
My status is showing as "Application Received", can someone suggest what happens next? Will my file be transferred to a visa office? or will it go to In Process status now (of-course if it is considered eligible :)) ?
It will go to Ottawa for processing, in fact that has already happened. Next typical step is medicals in a few months.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eng3a said:
Hi Guys
I am just wondering if CIC will ask for a proof of fund in the meanwhile of the process? like what happens with skilled worker.

Thanks
No. Not required.

newMember

Mar 14, 2013
Hi Guys,

My application is showing as "Application Received", do any one of us here (who applied in Oct 2012) see "In Progress" status yet?

Thanks

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
newMember said:
Hi Guys,

My application is showing as "Application Received", do any one of us here (who applied in Oct 2012) see "In Progress" status yet?

Thanks
Too soon for that. May/June 2012 applicants are just changing status to In Progress and not even all of them.

swalsh19

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC4212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10- 2012
AOR Received.
09-12-2012
Med's Request
21-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Just noting mostly to move the thread back towards the top :) If you haven't seen other threads, alot of July applicants receiving MR. A couple August but until we see more of those figure those to be special case scenarios. Here's hoping we hear something by June, after that looking at last year's trend not alot comes out over July/August. It would be nice to have the MR piece completed so that maybe by Oct 2013 we may see our Passport Request's, and if very optomistic by Xmas have the process completed. :) :) :)

jaddy013

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
In April 2014
Hello All, I have been following this forum for a few months now and finally I decided to register and add myself. I am also an October Applicant. Application received date is Oct 22nd 2012 and AOR December 10th 2012. ECAS status still shows Application Received.

Looking at the trend of how medical requests have been coming recently, I believe all October applicants should mark June 2013 as the month to expect MR email. If that happens, I think we should have PPR in August and landing procedure done by late September.

Good luck all!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
eng3a said:
REALLY hope so :)

Also don't forget Sep 2012 applicants, they have not received any updates yet.
Interestingly though it seems like some of the 2013 applicants have their applications moved into "In Process" on ECAS.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
jaddy013 said:
Looking at the trend of how medical requests have been coming recently, I believe all October applicants should mark June 2013 as the month to expect MR email. If that happens, I think we should have PPR in August and landing procedure done by late September.
I've run some trending on data provided...based on July and August submissions, it currently takes about 235 days on average to receive a MR.

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
Lot of buzz in June , July and Aug forums...i guess another 2-3 months for Oct to wake up :D..keep it strong folks n good luck

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingofqueens said:
Lot of buzz in June , July and Aug forums...i guess another 2-3 months for Oct to wake up :D..keep it strong folks n good luck
If you look at the trend, they have finished remaining June, all July and some August MR's in just 2 weeks starting April 1st quota renewal. As well, most of June applicants got PPR and even got COPR already. If the trend continues, October applicants can expect start getting MR's middle May. Let's hope the quota will not be slashed and no new procedures implemented in the next 3 months :)