+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oct 2013 applicant

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
KevinSong said:
I got the AOR today. I guess It took 35 days.

FYI, I used previous forms for generic and Family info but, I think as I don't have any dependent children and spouse, they accepted previous version form for additional family info.

Wish all you guys luck!

Btw, I've read a post once here saying that someone got rejected after 2 weeks he received his AOR. Is that even possible? How long it usually take?
It sure is possible. CIC has the right to reject applications at any time. It looks like Ottawa is doing eligibility checks now.
That's why they're rejecting applications that fast. Good for the rest tho as those applications are sorted out at an early stage now.

cg00009

Nov 25, 2013
Finally some news..my application returned on 15th Nov due to birth certificate.. I did include copy of birth certificate but looks like they didn't do good job at checking my application :(.

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
cg00009 said:
Finally some news..my application returned on 15th Nov due to birth certificate.. I did include copy of birth certificate but looks like they didn't do good job at checking my application :(.
So you have your birth certificate in your returned application ? That does not make sense.

Was you birth certificate in some other language, other than English ?

cg00009

Nov 25, 2013
Birth certificate is in English..I don't know why they sent it back. I couldn't get my application back yet, will verify what else is missing. I got update from CIC call center this morning about returned application.

My advice to other forum members..if you haven't received any confirmation or CC is not charged after a month, please verify your application return address and confirm with CIC.

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
Hello guys,

I'm working here saudi arabia and got an approved working visa for canada. So before going to canada I plan to have a vacation to my home country, and when i come back to saudi i will resign and go to canada.

Is this okay, no problem with the immigration when they see my passport has visa for canada?

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
Hi,

I know this has been discussed previously as well, just wanted to cross check and verify if nothing in this regard has changed post nov 10 rule updates -

My AOR mentions the following

"Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence."

Since, I applied from India, I had put New Delhi India as the Visa office in the form, somewhere in this forum I read that all CEC applications irrespective of what is mentioned in form goes to CPP-Ottawa.

Now the question is, I did not attach the PCC along with the form and plan to courier it to them now, just wondering if I should go ahead and send the same to CPP-O or shall I send it to New Delhi office now?

Thanks for your help.... just need a advice here just to make sure I don't miss anything..

Feiniao

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-23-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
cg00009 said:
Birth certificate is in English..I don't know why they sent it back. I couldn't get my application back yet, will verify what else is missing. I got update from CIC call center this morning about returned application.

My advice to other forum members..if you haven't received any confirmation or CC is not charged after a month, please verify your application return address and confirm with CIC.
Thank you for sharing.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Eagle_Eye2 said:
Hi,

I know this has been discussed previously as well, just wanted to cross check and verify if nothing in this regard has changed post nov 10 rule updates -

My AOR mentions the following

"Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence."

Since, I applied from India, I had put New Delhi India as the Visa office in the form, somewhere in this forum I read that all CEC applications irrespective of what is mentioned in form goes to CPP-Ottawa.

Now the question is, I did not attach the PCC along with the form and plan to courier it to them now, just wondering if I should go ahead and send the same to CPP-O or shall I send it to New Delhi office now?

Thanks for your help.... just need a advice here just to make sure I don't miss anything..
Send it to CPP-O.

raj108

Nov 19, 2013
cg00009 said:

You have not got your application which was returned on Nov 15 ..Postal delay ? or something wrong with return address ?

chinchin

Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
26-06-2014. Sent mail for VO change on 28-June. Received new mail informing me to submit PP to Delhi VO: 11-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet. Planned for 2015
iam_toby said:
Send it to CPP-O.
@iam_toby
Can you clarify why you suggest CPP-O. Am confused since the mail says that the correspondence should be done with 'VO mentioned in your application'.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
chinchin said:
@ iam_toby
Can you clarify why you suggest CPP-O. Am confused since the mail says that the correspondence should be done with 'VO mentioned in your application'.
All CEC applications are being processed at CPP-O. No matter what visa office you request on your application form.

chinchin

Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
26-06-2014. Sent mail for VO change on 28-June. Received new mail informing me to submit PP to Delhi VO: 11-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
iam_toby said:
All CEC applications are being processed at CPP-O. No matter what visa office you request on your application form.
I do not intend to question your response, but can you tell me where you sourced this information from? I remember reading on the CIC page for CEC that the applications are received at CIO then sent for processing at VO (and then it lets you click on interactive map to know which VO is relevant for you based on your location)

If it's CPP-O for all CEC applications, then in case I need to add more documents to my file, should I then be writing to CPP-O email instead of the VO mentioned in the application form as directed in the AoR email?

Your clarification on this would be immensely helpful.

Thanks

chinchin

Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
byrwus said:
Hi chinchin

first of all, my respect for asking questions, being determined in finding right answers.
I have had the same doubts and this forum told me that:

- there is only one processing time for CEC which indicates one office for processing them
- Ottawa is the only place where officers are prepared to CEC applications
- imm008 is generic for all the pr programs.
- this forum members send their applications to CPP Ottawa and they become PRs. It works for them.

I have the same doubts as yours as I put my country of origin embassy. AOR says nothing about Ottawa as a place of processing.
I am thinking of writing my embassy and ask them whether they are processing my case.

regards,
Thanks for your response byrwus

I shall also write to CPP-O in addtion to the mail that I have already sent to my home country VO in order to get the documents added to my file.
The VO autoreply says that I might not get any response from them at all, so it will be a better idea to write to CPP-O upfront instead of waiting for a reply from the VO to my email.

Will update the forum...

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Your application is at Ottawa, recently I sent email to the Centralized Intake Office, Sydney and they said that I should forward my enquiries to CPP Ottawa, because my application had been sent there for further processing.

chinchin

Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
03-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
byrwus said:
will be very useful.

are you now in canada?
No, I am in India.