+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aman6465

Oct 8, 2024
Its been almost 3 weeks since my OCI was printed & processed & received at Vancouver. So the date was Sept 24th, 2024. I have sent an email to the below email id’s to get the status-
CCCanada@blsinternational.net
oci.vancouver@mea.gov.in
Edmonton@blsinternational.net
Servicehq.canada@blsinternational.net

BLS website status is still “under process” since day 1 i.e. july 5th, 2024

I got a reply from oci.vancouver@mea.gov.in that on Sept 24th, they handed over my OCI card to BLS.

Called multiple times to BLS but no help. Any help would be appreciated if anyone is or was in the same situation. Also submitted a grievance form but no response yet. They said they will respond within 24-48 hrs.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Its been almost 3 weeks since my OCI was printed & processed & received at Vancouver. So the date was Sept 24th, 2024. I have sent an email to the below email id’s to get the status-
CCCanada@blsinternational.net
oci.vancouver@mea.gov.in
Edmonton@blsinternational.net
Servicehq.canada@blsinternational.net

BLS website status is still “under process” since day 1 i.e. july 5th, 2024

I got a reply from oci.vancouver@mea.gov.in that on Sept 24th, they handed over my OCI card to BLS.

Called multiple times to BLS but no help. Any help would be appreciated if anyone is or was in the same situation. Also submitted a grievance form but no response yet. They said they will respond within 24-48 hrs.
If you live nearby going and picking it up from BLS would be faster.

CandavisaAugust

Sep 25, 2021
I am going to submit for 3 persons, do I need to take 1 demand draft for all persons for consulate part or 3 persons..

I saw in site one is acceptable while bls call centre is saying three is needed...any recent experience in toronto

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
I had the same situation.
You only need name change certificate.
And use your new name (first and last name) in surrender certificate and oci application.
This does not seem to be right. I did the same and got back from BLS and they mentioned that I should use my old name (As per Indian Passport) for Surrender certificate and the new name(As per Canadian Passport) for OCI.

sts345

Sep 25, 2024
It costed me $37.50 with tracking for both ways. $ will vary according to the destination zip code. Go to your local Canada Post outlet and tell them you want to send some paperwork through Canada Post Xpress and also want a pre-paid return post. Canada Post employees will help you with the rest of the process which is straightforward.
Thanks a lot for the tip, @AnandSundar.
I posted my surrender application via a to and fro canada post Xpresspost service (cost me 40$ to Brampton) as purolator was far away from my house. I hope they acknowledge it soon and proces it fast before I send my OCI through the same method.

I used a big letter sized envelope to send everything and included a smaller return envelope within it. I will post updates as soon as I receive it so others can benefit as well.

mickymots

Feb 23, 2016
I hope the renewed diplomatic tussle between India and Canada doesnt impact the OCI processing.
Last time they stopped eVisas for a bit, right?

Have travel planned in December.. fingers crossed
Same feeling man....this is massive and definitely impact the timelines for everyone right from Visa, Passport OCI etc.

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
My Ack date is Aug 3 (Vancouver applicant). I'm too stressed as I've no updates yet. I've travel plans in a month's time. I hope things work out fine for everyone. As for me, Vancouver applications take between 70-75 days from the date of acknowledgement. I'm currently at 72nd day, really hope to receive some good news this week, but I'm even more concerned due to recent political updates. :(