+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
This - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Highly recommend emailing BLS with Indian Mission/CGI to get accurate answers with all the proof you have. Ex: Tracking number, fee receipt, portal screenshots, etc.

Just for context - I applied on July 31 (with the Premium service appointment) and got OCI website acknowledgement on Aug 03.

I applied at BLS walkin Vancouver on July 19. Same day BLS website had update UNDERPROCESS. Even today it shows same status. OCI website shows status NO RECORD.
Can you please tell me which website showed you ACKNOWLEDGEMENT status? Did you receive an acknowledgement email? if yes, who was the sender? The reason i am asking this is because i want to go to BLS and ask them why i have not received any acknowledgement. Thanks.

Jul 9, 2024
We have seen update today on OCI and BLS website.

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn26-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn29-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-AUG-2024
and BLS status is Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping .
We have opted "Pick up" from BLS so after what status we can pick up OCIs?

Nov 11, 2023
also, what are the key differences in terms of timeline and cost between applying via postal or walk in at BLS?

I want to mitigate the number of returns due to incorrect application entries.

and does BLS staff force you to include Canadian passport with the OCI application?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
also, what are the key differences in terms of timeline and cost between applying via postal or walk in at BLS?

I want to mitigate the number of returns due to incorrect application entries.

and does BLS staff force you to include Canadian passport with the OCI application?
Walkin is better if you want to save money(courier charges) and rectify things if they are not proper.
Also in walking all your original documents are returned after verification.

Reactions: crawfishcrabapple

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Hello friends, I have an odd situation - We had submitted OCI applications for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids by walk-in at the Surrey BC BLS office on April 10th and only today, I noticed that on the printed receipt issued by BLS, my wife's Canadian passport number is printed out wrongly - it has an extra "1" after the correct number. Now the tracking shows under process but only if I enter the wrong passport number for her with the extra 1 digit. Does this mean that the OCI when it is issued will have the wrong Canadian passport number as well ? Any one with a similar situation ? Please help. Thank you.
Hi amarchcan, I have the same situation as you have mentioned above. My passport number on the PDF for OCI application does not match the passport number on the tracking receipt of BLS Vancouver. Is there any update on your wife's application? Can you please reply to me if her OCI card is issued with the correct details? Thanks a lot.

gocerta

Jun 21, 2024
BLS Ottawa complete timeline for OCI - 8 weeks from walk in application to oci delivered.

Walk in application - 18 June
Acknowledgement date - 21 June
OCI processed - 1 August
OCI dispatched - 2 August

BLS website update -
Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping - 9 August
Passport delivered by hand (to purolator) - 9 August

Purolator delivered passport on - 12 August

OCI status enquiry website - Still shows OCI dispatch date but received at Ottawa date is empty.

Hope this helps.

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi All,

My son is US citizen and holding an OCI card with US passport.

He received his Canadian Citizenship.

Do I need to update my son OCI card with any details? such as duel citizenship, Canadian Passport etc..

Thanks.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
It is safe to add spouse current passport and cancelled Indian passport with your application and also have it uploaded on the OCI website. The Toronto checklist asks for it so I am going to say yes it is mandatory.
On the OCI site, should we upload the Indian Passport copy ( stamped CANCELLED) or the same last passport (without stamp) is fine as well ? I am just keeping my OCI app ready, so just wanted to confirm.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

My son is US citizen and holding an OCI card with US passport.

He received his Canadian Citizenship.

Do I need to update my son OCI card with any details? such as duel citizenship, Canadian Passport etc..

Thanks.
OCI is associated with passport of only one country. If you plan to use USA passport plus current OCI nothing needs to be updated. If you want to switch to Canadian passport, will need to go through the whole process of acquiring a new OCI.