+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tonystark13

Jun 19, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

I'm currently umemployed. So, in my fresh OCI application which I submitted few days ago, I chose OTHERS and then "UNEMPLOYED", provided my home address and phone number in Employment Details and explained this on a letter.

Does anyone know what will be printed on my OCI card? I didn't know they have an OCCUPATION field on OCI and I would be happy if they don't mention that I'm unemployed - because I worked an IT manager for almost 6 years and recently quit my job to upskill and focus on Executive roles.

Thanks all.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

I'm currently umemployed. So, in my fresh OCI application which I submitted few days ago, I chose OTHERS and then "UNEMPLOYED", provided my home address and phone number in Employment Details and explained this on a letter.

Does anyone know what will be printed on my OCI card? I didn't know they have an OCCUPATION field on OCI and I would be happy if they don't mention that I'm unemployed - because I worked an IT manager for almost 6 years and recently quit my job to upskill and focus on Executive roles.

Thanks all.
What does the PDF generated shows in "30. Occupation" ?

dsouza.jake

Feb 4, 2024
On OCI website it is mentioned that it will be rejected for people who have served in military. Does not mention anything about other government employees. Well, I will wait if they approve my application otherwise its $400 down the drain.
Hi, I've not seen any mention on the FAQs for denial of OCI if you work for the federal government. The rule only applies to military service as per most of the FAQ's. Did your application go through and did you get your OCI card ?

dsouza.jake

Feb 4, 2024
hey, i was told by BLS person who takes our applications, that they reject application for OCI if person is federal employee. if they reject they’ll return draft.
but i don’t understand why they would reject it if person is not in military or intelligence
i am also waiting, when did you apply
Hi, I agree with your assessment. It is strange that they would reject applications if you don't work for the military or police. I hope you were able to get your card. Did they ask you for your Employment Letter to prove where you work ?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Not surprised. BLS is incredibly frustrating. During my visit to the Brampton location, I brought photocopies of the necessary pages from my Indian passport—visas, stamps, first and last pages. They insisted on copying even the blank pages, which are not required, and wanted to charge $1 per page for this unnecessary service. I decided to leave.

For my second appointment in Toronto, I brought copies of the required pages, including the blank ones as instructed. However, they immediately discarded the blank pages and mentioned my appearance did not match between my Indian and Canadian passports, requiring an affidavit. This contradicted my experience at the Brampton office. Now, I have to schedule a third appointment to apply for OCI. Never had high service expectation, but holy shit

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
Hello friends, I have an odd situation - We had submitted OCI applications for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids by walk-in at the Surrey BC BLS office on April 10th and only today, I noticed that on the printed receipt issued by BLS, my wife's Canadian passport number is printed out wrongly - it has an extra "1" after the correct number. Now the tracking shows under process but only if I enter the wrong passport number for her with the extra 1 digit. Does this mean that the OCI when it is issued will have the wrong Canadian passport number as well ? Any one with a similar situation ? Please help. Thank you.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello friends, I have an odd situation - We had submitted OCI applications for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids by walk-in at the Surrey BC BLS office on April 10th and only today, I noticed that on the printed receipt issued by BLS, my wife's Canadian passport number is printed out wrongly - it has an extra "1" after the correct number. Now the tracking shows under process but only if I enter the wrong passport number for her with the extra 1 digit. Does this mean that the OCI when it is issued will have the wrong Canadian passport number as well ? Any one with a similar situation ? Please help. Thank you.
Check the OCI Application PDF. If it has the right number, you will get it with that one only.

Reactions: amarchcan

gocerta

Jun 21, 2024
Has anyone received their OCI card from Ottawa BLS recently. There aren't many timelines posted here so trying to figure out the processing time. The one I saw was from earlier this year where someone had their oci card ready for pick up in 6 weeks from date of acknowledgement.(acknowledged on Feb 1 and ready for pick up on March 14).

Does anyone know what's the current timeline from acknowledged to oci ready for pick up/delivery?