fernandog

Oct 22, 2014
Hi there,

I'm awaiting for the oath as well. This is my timeline:

- Oct 2000: arrived in Canada as an international student
- March 2008: Became permanent resident
- March 2010: Applied for citizenship
- Feb 2011: CIC started processing citizenship application
- June 2011: Wrote exam and passed (20/20). Then the worst happened - I was told I was 47 days short of the 1095 at the time of my application. I made a mistake when calculating the days I guess. I was told to submit a Residency Questionnaire to demonstrate my quality of life in Canada (it was 100+ pages of tax invoices, mortgage, bank statement, employment letter, marriage certificates, etc going back 5 years before my application). I was told to wait to be scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge, which could take up to two years.
- September 2013: More than two years later, I get scheduled for my citizenship hearing, but guess what? I was away on vacation (for one week) and I missed it. They told me it could be rescheduled one final time
- October 2014: Got scheduled for the hearing with the citizenship judge again

I appeared for my hearing yesterday (oct 21st) and it went well. I called CIC today and they confirmed my citizenship has been granted and my application is now finalized, so I am now awaiting for the oath ceremony. I'm really crossing my fingers to get scheduled in for November or December!!

Aug 22, 2014
Hello all,

New ceremonies in Ottawa (Nov. 10 and 12).

Any one invited to take the oath? Please advise timeline.

Good luck everyone.

God Bless Canada!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
GatineauOttawa said:
Hello all,

Good luck everyone.

God Bless Canada!

Hello Gatineauottawa

Are you waiting for oath invitation too?
when did you take your test?

thanks. Good Luck everyone!

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
GatineauOttawa said:
Hello all,

Good luck everyone.

God Bless Canada!
TIMELINE:
Office - Ottawa
RQ was issued in March 2013
RQ was replied in April 2013

We received your application on May 7, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 11, 2014 at ?.

Oath...........................?????? Waiting :( :( :( :(

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello Guys New Update for Ottawa

New Oath ceremonies in OTTAWA NOV 10,12,13 Has anyone got invitation letter?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING!!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello Guys New Update for Ottawa

New Oath ceremonies in OTTAWA NOV 10,12,13 Has anyone got invitation letter?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING!!
We are in the same slow boat still waiting ???

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Hi Evevryone,
A quick update.
A friend of my husband who has applied in Dec 2013 and took the test on July 24th of July (the same day of my husband) received an oath letter for next Monday Nov 10th.
Lets hope its close for those in July:)

My husband applied at the very end of Jan 2014, so its expected to not receive a letter i guess..

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
In standard cases, meaning the majority of routinely processed applications, going forward the timeline between oath and ceremony should be a matter of days or weeks, not months, and way, way less than six months. Of course for some it will be longer, months, even six months, or for some even longer than that.

But for most routine applicants, my sense of the recent changes regarding test procedures (including notifying applicants of test results and scheduling re-tests) is that they are in part intended to facilitate shorter timelines to oath ceremonies. See Operational Bulletin 530 (Retesting and communicating results of the citizenship knowledge test), particularly the part discussing next step if applicant passes the test.

Beyond that, reports of personal experience indicate wide, wide variation in how long it takes to be scheduled for the oath. Some are scheduled for the oath before they even appear for the test, the oath scheduled for same day, next day, within the week. Others are given notice of the oath at the test event, timeline ranging from within the week to within a month. Many appear to be scheduled for the oath within one to two months.

But here in Ottawa we have some participants who have been waiting, following the test, for many months, since July, June, Even some of Feb applicants are still waiting , no notice, no RQ, no other indication of a non-routine processing, but still waiting.

So, no guarantees, But for most the oath should be scheduled a lot sooner than six months after the test.

Let's hope for the best!

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Right Ottawa2013, There should be a standard process in terms of time.
When I compare my experience with my husbands or others, I find it annoying.
I applied in late July 2013, got the test March 21st and the oath May 16th 2014.
My application included 2 kids as well.
He is alone and he has been waiting for the oath for almost 4 months now.
Lets hope all is well..

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone!

Another quick update :- OTTAWA

New Oath ceremony in Ottawa on Monday, Dec 08 ,2014

So 3 days for the month of Nov and Now ONE day for Dec !!!

Please share your update !!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for test/Oath !!!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone!

Another quick update :- OTTAWA

New Oath ceremony in Ottawa on Monday, Dec 08 ,2014

So 3 days for the month of Nov and Now ONE day for Dec !!!

Please share your update !!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for test/Oath !!!
Hello Ottawa 2013, you are waiting for oath letter too, we are in the same boat , I'm checking my application proceed every day nothing new :'( , I pass the test on July 23rd ,how about u where did you take the test?

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC just updated the page with citizenship processing times. No changes for routine cases, increase from 35 to 36 months for non-routine. sigh... Hoped to call CIC in a few days for an update on my case, but seems now have to wait just another month to find out nothing...

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
elen1984 said:
Hello Ottawa 2013, you are waiting for oath letter too, we are in the same boat , I'm checking my application proceed every day nothing new :'( , I pass the test on July 23rd ,how about u where did you take the test?
Hi elen1984

I passed my test on sep 8th in Ottawa, and same story was told wait one to 3 months for the oath letter, so far nothing new!