+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

u2mtv

Apr 25, 2014
Stand4yourRight said:
Hi All,

I have been following this Forum for a while now and every time i would refresh the page hoping and praying someone have posted their Oath date- and disappointment takes over me as soon as I see hopeful people posting "Maybe Next week- Nexk week"

Here is my timeline
Application submitted in Sept 2011
Rq received in April 2012
Rq sent back April 2012
Notice to prepare - December 2013
Exam date- Feb 10th 2014 (passed 20/20) st clairs

Now what doesn't seems right to me is that even after fully completing the criteria to be eligible for applying, I got the RQ.
I haven't left the country in 4.5 years. I am a full time employee at Canada's leading bank for 3 years.
Upon asking why I was sent the questionnaire, they said its cause I studied abroad before coming to Canada.
I got my PR but i had 1 more year of undergrad left which i completed before moving for good. Is that a crime? Its my free will where ever i study.

Now after passing the exam, why are we still be treated like we are not same as other applicants?
Average citizenship process is now 7-8 months.

So my question to you all is, are we going to do something about it? If they cannot hear us on our phone calls, shouldn't we take a united stand and demand to know whats taking so long?
I want to make travel plans with my family and friends too, but i cant leave what if the oath letter comes if I am away.

Is there someone out there who can understand me?

Hope this sunshine brings a good news!
Regards
Your application is faster than mine:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 20, 2012.

Rq received in Dec 2012
Rq sent back Jan 2013

We sent you a notice on January 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting..

I studied in University of Waterloo and I'm working at Blackberry since 2009. I only left Canada once for 2 weeks since I got my PR in 2005. On the exam day, I got 20/20, and asked why I was RQ'ed during the interview, the officer checked my file and told me he didnt know.

Feeling better?

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
u2mtv said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Rq received in Dec 2012
Rq sent back Jan 2013

We sent you a notice on January 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still waiting..

I studied in University of Waterloo and I'm working at Blackberry since 2009. I only left Canada once for 2 weeks since I got my PR in 2005. On the exam day, I got 20/20, and asked why I was RQ'ed during the interview, the officer checked my file and told me he didnt know.

Feeling better?
Hi

Just out of curiosity , you said you got your PR in 2005 , and applied for citizenship in 2011 . You mentioned that you left Canada for only 2 weeks since 2005 . Is there any reason why you didn't apply for citizenship in 2008 ? I guess you were eligible for citizenship in 2008 assuming you only left the Canada for 2 weeks.

That's why you got the RQ , its weird that the CIC officer couldn't figure this out when you asked him/her about it during the interview.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rk3 said:
My local office is Hamilton.

Here is my timeline

App REcd May2012
In process Mar2013
RQed May2013
Notice to Prep Dec2013
Test Feb2014

ATIP was requested and received on 31mar. It says the Judge's name, and Judge's Deceision Approved, Granter's Code and Granter's Decision : Granted.

Checks are valid untill May22, 2014

Hi rk3,

In how many days did you get your ATIP from the date you requested? and that was through email right?

What date they sent u RQ and when did you reply to it? Thank you for sharing.

I applied for ATIP on 24 April 2014. Want to know in how many days i can hear from them in email.

Are there any more guys who requested ATIP? What does it say Granted or still under process?

Ottawa971

Apr 9, 2014
u2mtv said:

Rq received in Dec 2012
Rq sent back Jan 2013

Still waiting..

Feeling better?

I applied in 2007.
Got RQ in 2011 and still waiting....
feel better you both? haha

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Hi rk3,

In how many days did you get your ATIP from the date you requested? and that was through email right?

What date they sent u RQ and when did you reply to it? Thank you for sharing.

I applied for ATIP on 24 April 2014. Want to know in how many days i can hear from them in email.

Are there any more guys who requested ATIP? What does it say Granted or still under process?

My earlier ATIP request in Jan 2014 took almost 30 days by email. That was before my test. I have sent another yesterday to check the status on Oath invite.

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i called today .. not at all... she told me i had RQ so It can be extended to 36 montths --> till 2016

sauga

Apr 17, 2014
toronto60 said:
You are lucky, my file is still in St. Clair and results are not uploaded yet :( :(
The first time I called (a week after my test) to see if they have uploaded the results, the agent I spoke to was kind and she said I don't see anything uploaded but I'm going to send them a message to upload your results.

Then I called and found out the results have been uploaded and when I asked him where is my file, the agent informed me the file has been transferred BUT he clearly told me that transfer of file in no means signifies that the case is being processed or forwarded. The judge still has to review my case, and the transfer is just for internal process - it does not mean anything. He then added the standard statement that RQ cases can take up to 36 months so I should be prepared to wait 2 more years!! I don't really think that transfer to local office means I'm in a better position than you..... :'(

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sauga said:
The first time I called (a week after my test) to see if they have uploaded the results, the agent I spoke to was kind and she said I don't see anything uploaded but I'm going to send them a message to upload your results.

Then I called and found out the results have been uploaded and when I asked him where is my file, the agent informed me the file has been transferred BUT he clearly told me that transfer of file in no means signifies that the case is being processed or forwarded. The judge still has to review my case, and the transfer is just for internal process - it does not mean anything. He then added the standard statement that RQ cases can take up to 36 months so I should be prepared to wait 2 more years!! I don't really think that transfer to local office means I'm in a better position than you..... :'(
they told me i have to wait 2 years too

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sauga said:

Why a judge still needs to review your case? You've been here for more than the required 1095 days and they've verified your documents at the interview. What else they need? Of course they will make you wait 2 years because that means over $200.000 guaranteed income for them.

sauga

Apr 17, 2014
penpoint said:
Why a judge still needs to review your case? You've been here for more than the required 1095 days and they've verified your documents at the interview. What else they need? Of course they will make you wait 2 years because that means over $200.000 guaranteed income for them.
Apparently the file has to be approved by the judge for ALL applicants, AFTER the test before an oath is scheduled.

The CIC officer who has reviewed your documents will send it to the Judge who will either approve the file which is then scheduled for hearing, or if he is unsatisfied, you may be put in line for a hearing with the judge.

I didn't get what you meant about the income? How are they making money if they make us wait longer?