Apr 17, 2014
hi guys, new to this forum. my timeline is as follows:

Applied - April 2013
RQ Rec'd in July 2013
Replied to RQ in Sept 2013 with documents
Notice to prepare for test in Jan 2014
Letter to appear for test - March 7, 2014
Test passed and interview - March 24, 2014

Originally my file was in Mississauga, sent to St. Clair where the test was conducted. But the officer told me that oath will not be in St. Clair, it will be at another office.

I have a question, though....do they record the number of times we call CIC on our file? I mean, can it affect our case or create any suspicion if we call every week or 10 days?!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they do not have record of your call logs...So you can call them everyday if you wish...

sauga said:

Applied - April 2013
RQ Rec'd in July 2013

Originally my file was in Mississauga, sent to St. Clair where the test was conducted. But the officer told me that oath will not be in St. Clair, it will be at another office.

I have a question, though....do they record the number of times we call CIC on our file? I mean, can it affect our case or create any suspicion if we call every week or 10 days?!

dansun

Apr 24, 2014
Here is my timeline...

Office: St. Clair
Application received: March 5, 2012
Started processing application: Nov 30, 2012
RQ received: March, 2013
RQ returned: April, 2013
Notice to prepare for test: Jan, 2014
Test passed: March 20, 2014 at St. Clair

Another March test taker waiting for oath. My heart goes with all the recent test takers waiting for oath. I have been reading this forum for a while and feel like maybe I should add my timeline for others' reference. I really hope this nightmare to end before the summer....

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
sauga said:

Applied - April 2013
RQ Rec'd in July 2013

What kind of suspicion? You didn't do any wrong. You are just calling to find out your applications status.

Did you call and find out if it has been transferred to local office.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello again,

I called call center now and they told me that my file still at St Claire office... This is my 11th week guys... There is no oath date for me. I have to attend wedding ceremony on May 13th, 2014 in New York city. My pr was expired. Can I enter re-enter Canada expired pr via land?

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bogazici10 said:
hello again,

I called call center now and they told me that my file still at St Claire office... This is my 11th week guys... There is no oath date for me. I have to attend wedding ceremony on May 13th, 2014 in New York city. My pr was expired. Can I enter re-enter Canada expired pr via land?
You surely should not give it a try. Best way is to apply as an Urgent Case. Back in 2013.. I got mine renewed in less than a week. Make sure to send them a letter, send them details of travel arrangemnt and copy of the wedding invite. However, there is guarntee that they will do it.. Could be a good try.

ozland

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQSTclair said:
I called them last week on tuesday or wednesday.
Hey did u get your oath date? i have same time line. l wonder what is the next step after c.exam. are u gonna see citizenship judge?

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bogazici10 said:
hello again,

it takes 109 days to get PR card. but if you want it urgently you have to show them the flight ticket or train ticket .... Also you need visa to enter to USA

my suggestion: apply as soon as possible

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larine said:
it takes 109 days to get PR card. but if you want it urgently you have to show them the flight ticket or train ticket .... Also you need visa to enter to USA

my suggestion: apply as soon as possible
My co worker sent his PR January 2013 for renewal, a week later he got his test letter then he took the Oath 10 days after the the test . Two weeks after the oath he received his new PR card. No body asked him to surrender the card at the time of the Oath and he still has it and I saw it my self when he showed me his Canadian passport a couple of weeks ago !!!

Horizon92

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
In the system his pr care is not acceptable anymore and he is responsible to inform the government about it to know if he can destroy it by him self now or should return it to government !

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Horizon92 said:
In the system his pr care is not acceptable anymore and he is responsible to inform the government about it to know if he can destroy it by him self now or should return it to government !
i agree with you ... he should not keep the PR card. it is better to return it back.

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpoint said:
My co worker sent his PR January 2013 for renewal, a week later he got his test letter then he took the Oath 10 days after the the test . Two weeks after the oath he received his new PR card. No body asked him to surrender the card at the time of the Oath and he still has it and I saw it my self when he showed me his Canadian passport a couple of weeks ago !!!
in his case he will travel on May and he still did not receive the oath letter so only solution is to apply for new PR card . The normal processing is about 3 month to get the new PR card.