+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
You need to keep in mind the Canadian culture. In Canada, no matter what happens people rarely actively protest or do something to correct the situation. The usually shrug and move on. It is no "Canadian" to complain or to actively try to rectify the situation. This is in contrary to other cultures , e.g. US and France, in which people go out to the street and demonstrate . CIC , as well as other government agencies and sometime even private sector companies, are well aware of this tendency and are taking advantage of it.
Maybe true. But that doesn't mean we should do what the rest of the country does. Moreover we are not 'Canadians' yet. I am willing to spend 6-7 hours of my time there in order to help correct an injustice. All I need is 10-12 'willing' persons who would join me in a 5-6 hour rally. We'll call the local media and bring media attention to our plight. The Conservative govt hate media attention. I can't do this alone.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Maybe true. But that doesn't mean we should do what the rest of the country does. Moreover we are not 'Canadians' yet. I am willing to spend 6-7 hours of my time there in order to help correct an injustice. All I need is 10-12 'willing' persons who would join me in a 5-6 hour rally. We'll call the local media and bring media attention to our plight. The Conservative govt hate media attention. I can't do this alone.
To be honest I don't think there is much to be gained from this at the current point. At max you will be saving yourself a couple of months of wait. Many 2012 RQ applicants are receiving their oaths and I predict that your case as well as janoo's will be resolved in the next few months.
I think that this kind of protest had it's due time months and years ago , when the whole RQ farce started (at the 2010-2012 time frame). That could have saved many applicants, such as myself, years of wait and not months. But to protest now is like shutting the doors of the stable after all the horses have already escaped. I agree that their conduct is a violation of natural justice but I was told as a little kid that the world is not a just place lol.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
To be honest I don't think there is much to be gained from this at the current point. At max you will be saving yourself a couple of months of wait. Many 2012 RQ applicants are receiving their oaths and I predict that your case as well as janoo's will be resolved in the next few months.
I think that this kind of protest had it's due time months and years ago , when the whole RQ farce started (at the 2010-2012 time frame). That could have saved many applicants, such as myself, years of wait and not months. But to protest now is like shutting the doors of the stable after all the horses have already escaped. I agree that their conduct is a violation of natural justice but I was told as a little kid that the world is not a just place lol.
You're entitled to your own opinion. But no one knew back in 2012 that we were in for a 4 year wait time. I m not willing to wait any longer. I hope you enjoy waiting though.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
You're entitled to your own opinion. But no one knew back in 2012 that we were in for a 4 year wait time. I m not willing to wait any longer. I hope you enjoy waiting though.
Completely understand your height of frustration and we all equally share the same pain. Since this hardly impact the vast majority of Canadians including new citizens except applicants.

Dont expect any support from public and even the authorities would ignore it, rather might find ways to silence the protestors, as some nuisance. I personally think protest will get us in more trouble.

In the light of newly passed security billed, everyone will support and appreciate the CIC for doing a great job from security perspective.

On the contrary, protestors might be subjected to further delays or even denied citizenship on one or other pretext. May be the "Class Action Suit" against CIC by applicants is step in the right direction.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Looking back at the forums you can see that back then the CIC was citing a ridiculous 4 years delay post RQ submission. It is there and then that a public protest would have been useful. If the pool of applicant fought back at that time , we would have been in a totally different situation today. There were also more applicant affected , as I think that to-date there are very few people like yourself and me from 2012 who did not get their citizenship yet ( I call this the club of unfortunates) . I assume that one CIC got the 40M $ grant in 2013 they needed to show that their are making good use of the taxpayer $ so they sped up the processing for many of the RQ applicants.

I think that if you want to speed up your processing you should apply for Mandamus like Bambino did. I personally think your case will be resolved one way or the other in the next few months. I also understand your frustration an bias for action . I wish you good luck in whatever you choose to do.

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess I should not show my support in order to let Rayan14 calm down. But Rayan, please calm down and let us discuss what we can complain about CIC and what we should claim for. What I am hoping is to let CIC disclosure their processing process and post clear information on their web site as eCase status. Whatever the information agent has, should be open to applicants. For example, doing background check, when it was sent should be posted, as RCMP web site committed the processing time is only a couple of days if it is electrical file. So applicants can know where is the delay and why it has to take so long for CIC officer to process one case. We do appreciate officers hard work, if they work hard. If anyone play game and waste money and time from taxpayer, citizens and residents should have the right to monitor their job just because they present government.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Clas action Suit against CIC, could be better option

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another thing I do not understand is, how comes CIC process newer applications rather than clean up the case pile from 2011/2012? It is unfair to who has been waiting for so long. Should not they follow the rule of first come first serve?!

janoo

May 16, 2014
Unfortunately not ?? there are 84000 application waiting well over 24 months...
my case pending since January 2012..

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys while some of you often provide useful info, I don't like to sit around and bit(h about it. I have already fired off some emails to Toronto Star and CBC Investigative Show. Here is the link to the CBC show where they investigate things if they get a good tip. Submit a few and maybe they will cover it for us. Make sure you leave them a legit email or number so you can be reached:

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/news/investigates/

Check the red banner on the right side of the webpage.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Completely understand your height of frustration and we all equally share the same pain. Since this hardly impact the vast majority of Canadians including new citizens except applicants.

Dont expect any support from public and even the authorities would ignore it, rather might find ways to silence the protestors, as some nuisance. I personally think protest will get us in more trouble.

In the light of newly passed security billed, everyone will support and appreciate the CIC for doing a great job from security perspective.

On the contrary, protestors might be subjected to further delays or even denied citizenship on one or other pretext. May be the "Class Action Suit" against CIC by applicants is step in the right direction.
Not true. This is not Iran, Turkey or Cuba where dissenting or disagreeing with govt policies can get you in trouble. As a Permanent Resident you are entitled to rights offered to you in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Use it to your advantage but if you don't want to, then please don't scare others. Thanks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
Not true. This is not Iran, Turkey or Cuba where dissenting or disagreeing with govt policies can get you in trouble. As a Permanent Resident you are entitled to rights offered to you in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Use it to your advantage but if you don't want to, then please don't scare others. Thanks.
Luckily, I'm not coming from any of those country and seen democracies in letter and spirit, use and mostly abused by people in power. Every government work like two set of elephant's teeth, one for public to see and other to thrust their own selfish policies through public throats.

Government made it clear, "Citizenship is privilege and NOT a right", with the elections on horizon, the government influencing / scaring vast majority of citizens about need for better security. The minister of immigration, CIC using security as a pretext to hide their efficiencies and long processing time. Who else know better than we the affected candidate waiting for 4 years. Mandamus is the best option for those who can afford.

We will not get any help from Citizens or sympathy from elected officials on this issue ? May be around elections some opposition politician may show lip sympathy.

Mandamus or Class action suit can be considered for immediate results. However, if you still think protest by few dozens will help, please go ahead, we all have right for own opinions and responsible for our actions.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stonelzl said:
Another thing I do not understand is, how comes CIC process newer applications rather than clean up the case pile from 2011/2012? It is unfair to who has been waiting for so long. Should not they follow the rule of first come first serve?!
They make their own rules. They are not restricted in any way and have no accountability.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Sorry guys while some of you often provide useful info, I don't like to sit around and bit(h about it. I have already fired off some emails to Toronto Star and CBC Investigative Show. Here is the link to the CBC show where they investigate things if they get a good tip. Submit a few and maybe they will cover it for us. Make sure you leave them a legit email or number so you can be reached:

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/news/investigates/

Check the red banner on the right side of the webpage.
Please keep us posted about this. Sound interesting.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
I missed out telling you that 6 months back I had spoken to Toronto Star's journalists, among them one who reports on immigration matters. He told me every one is well aware of difficulties been faced by CIC applicants and long delays but they can do this much only.

He told me, from time to time this and other immigration issues were brought to the attention of concerned authorities. Yet nothing have changed. Unless it is something new and unique situation / case worth reporting, Toronto Star or any other agencies cannot do much.

Wish you all the best in your pursuits.