+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
zhading said:
Not sure about efficiency of these collective letters, but this is what I am going to do.
1.write a letter to my MP, expressing concerns about unreasonable processing times, duplicated requests, and how taxpayers money are wasted on that (also I want to mention that notorious 44 million dollars assigned in 2013 to CIC to fix this citizenship backlog in 2 years)
2.write a letter to the Deputy Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
3.write a letter to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
4.write a letter to the Leader of the Opposition, expressing my concerns about how government wastes taxpayers money and effectively denying lots of people from voting.

Not sure if that will help or not though...
You can do it but I am pretty sure that the only one result you will get in this country would be a few more Canada Post receipts in your wallet (or pocket).

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi..

Have wrote letter to Minister and my MP,

response receive as follow :-

-Minister :we will provide you response in 10-30 days almost 16 days ago...waiting.

-Mp : we have found out that there is no time line for non-routine case may go upto

48 months. mine just reached 39 months...

St.Clair : reply : very simple file under officer review once done next step will be advise.

CIC :On regular basis, final reply your file under officer review and CIC have send the
message wait for 90 days ... ?

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OttawaBuddy said:
You can do it but I am pretty sure that the only one result you will get in this country would be a few more Canada Post receipts in your wallet (or pocket).
That's precisely what I expect, but I have to try, so I can be fully disappointed in the Canadian, certifiably irresponsible government ;D

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhading said:
Not sure about efficiency of these collective letters, but this is what I am going to do.
1.write a letter to my MP, expressing concerns about unreasonable processing times, duplicated requests, and how taxpayers money are wasted on that (also I want to mention that notorious 44 million dollars assigned in 2013 to CIC to fix this citizenship backlog in 2 years)
2.write a letter to the Deputy Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
3.write a letter to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
4.write a letter to the Leader of the Opposition, expressing my concerns about how government wastes taxpayers money and effectively denying lots of people from voting.

Not sure if that will help or not though...
Copy paste the wording in your letter. I will print and register post the letters to all of them in my free time over the weekend ;)

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got off the phone with the CIC call center. With every call they prove that this way of communication is useless ;D Basically the agent said that they didn't send me any letters. So obviously there are two possibilities, either eCAS is wrong and displays erroneous information about the letter being send on Mar 20th 2015, or the call center agent giving me the wrong information. :-\ I asked him how can I figure out if the eCAS is wrong and the agent repeated that he don't see any records about a letter sent by local office to me. Strangely enough he referred to St Clair as a local office, I pointed out that I live in Ottawa, but he insisted that it is a local office. Well, maybe it is local for some applicants, but not for me. Or maybe CIC's definition of "local" is different from mine ;D . Anyway, the bottom line is I will have to write a letter to CIC asking to clarify this eCAS record. I don't trust both call center and eCAS. What a waste of time and money... :mad:

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed that sometimes when you call and ask for a case status, it automatically generates a message in your ecas basically saying that they are requesting additional information when they have not even requested it. The same thing happened to me when I requested that the call center contact the St Clair office for a case update.
So I would not really worry about it, if they had sent you anything you would have received it by now and the call center would have been able to tell you. Unfortunately we are dealing with CIC and its useless call center as in most cases they have no clues as to what is going on.

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I noticed that sometimes when you call and ask for a case status, it automatically generates a message in your ecas basically saying that they are requesting additional information when they have not even requested it. The same thing happened to me when I requested that the call center contact the St Clair office for a case update.
So I would not really worry about it, if they had sent you anything you would have received it by now and the call center would have been able to tell you. Unfortunately we are dealing with CIC and its useless call center as in most cases they have no clues as to what is going on.
Yeah, it may be the case easily. But I'll send them a letter anyway, better be safe than sorry. I don't want to see my case going to "retired" after waiting that long.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
zhading said:
Yeah, it may be the case easily. But I'll send them a letter anyway, better be safe than sorry. I don't want to see my case going to "retired" after waiting that long.
With such messy affairs at CIC, as you aptly said, its better to be safe than sorry. Send a registered letter to CIC, stating that your ATIP report / ecase says a letter was sent to you but you NEVER received it. Ask them to re-send it. That way, you are covered.

Wish you all the best.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Correct. This is so outrageous.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It usually takes a less than 2 weeks to get a response from the case specific inquiry site. The first one I did was completed within 10 days but they did not really provide any specifics on my case, instead, they just told me my file was in RQ queue waiting to be reviewed and they did not even mention the fact that my file had been assigned to an officer.
The last inquiry that I did more than a month ago is still outstanding, I am not sure if they are even going to respond to my inquiry at this point so I submitted a new one 2 days ago and waiting.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Can someone please help me understand, approximately how long does CIC takes to respond to Case Specific Inquiries ?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

have a question. can we email any scanned copied of additional documents that you want to send in?

thanks

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
It usually takes a less than 2 weeks to get a response from the case specific inquiry site. The first one I did was completed within 10 days but they did not really provide any specifics on my case, instead, they just told me my file was in RQ queue waiting to be reviewed and they did not even mention the fact that my file had been assigned to an officer.
The last inquiry that I did more than a month ago is still outstanding, I am not sure if they are even going to respond to my inquiry at this point so I submitted a new one 2 days ago and waiting.
I just sent in mine today. I wrote to remind them that my file must have been lost.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
djoli said:
Thanks for your quick reply, that really helps.