+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you received 2 RQs and a Request for Documentary Evidence? This would not make any sense at all. Is it form CIT0520?

to rontorian said:
Folks,

Got another RQ, entitled, "NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF YOUR RESIDNECE IN CANADA."

Need to include some documents related to rental agreements, transcripts form school, Tax assessment, and bank/credit statements. Most of them were included with 2nd RQ, I think.

Just wondering, how many of you, who have been waiting for oath letter, got similar letter after writing test during Jan, Feb, Mar....periods?

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
006007 said:
Also please share your timeline.
My Time line:
Application received: Jul 2012
Processing started: Oct 2012
First RQ: Jan 2013
Second RQ: Mar 2013
Wrote test: Mar 2014
Third RQ (CIT 0520): Feb 2015
Oath: ??????, no body knows

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Clearly CIC is abusing the entire system, resources just to frustrate the candidates. If the CIC is asking the same details which were already submitted before means it is their last attempt of delaying tactics...nothing else.

In your own interest re-submit the required documents ASAP thru FEDEX or UPS Courier. Hopefully you should get the Oath very soon.
I do think the same, resubmitting is better than arguing. Of course, some of the documents such as rental agreements and transcripts were not attached with the last RQ sent in May 2013. After long time, somebody saw my file, at least that brings respite at this moment.

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
torontorian said:
My Time line:
Application received: Jul 2012
Processing started: Oct 2012
First RQ: Jan 2013
Second RQ: Mar 2013
Wrote test: Mar 2014
Third RQ (CIT 0520): Feb 2015
Oath: ??????, no body knows
Why do they RQ you again? You are lack of days in Canada? You are unemployed in the past 4 years?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontorian - Resubmitting is better than arguing? Really? so you are quite comfortable with CIC asking 3 different RQs? No one is saying that we should not send the docs they request, but we are questioning their motives thats all.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call Alexander's office and tell his office/staff that you're frustrated with this unfair and unjust treatment:

1-905-426-6808
1-613-995-8042

We can't just complain to ourselves here. This is the least people like us can do. Call, leave a message or request to speak to a staff. Tell them you're frustrated and won't be voting for or supporting the Cons party if the backlog persists.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
006007 said:
Why do they RQ you again? You are lack of days in Canada? You are unemployed in the past 4 years?
While fully agreeing with your point, its unfair and sheer arm twisting tactics of CIC. Yet, what's the point in banging our heads on the stone wall. Knowing there are not many options to get ourselves pull out from the CIC clutches except to submit the RQ again.

Trust me, all candidates are equally angry and frustrated by the CIC "give a damn" attitude to the plight of thousands of helpless long suffering candidates.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
djoli said:
Torontorian - Resubmitting is better than arguing? Really? so you are quite comfortable with CIC asking 3 different RQs? No one is saying that we should not send the docs they request, but we are questioning their motives thats all.
What are the options available to us when we hear citizenship is not a right but privilege?

Once I told a CIC call center agent, there are many who applied after I had written test got oath letters. I also mentioned, the interviewer should have told me the fact instead of saying within 3 to 4 months I would be receiving the oath letter. The agent simply said sorry, st clair office is busy, and unless 36 month expires no action can be taken.

Canada is a developed country. It has many internal methods to verify what we are saying on an application, instead of asking tons of papers again and again.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What action is taken by the CIC once the 36th month mark is passed? Is it a given that they'd take any action or is this just another empty promise of theirs?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent idea Ryan14 we have to take the case to them especially when we know we have been waiting for more than 36 months when new applications take sometimes 6 months to complete, it is just not fair at all. I can understand how people can be intimidated at the idea of calling Chris Alexanders office but we need to find ways to make it clear to them that this is becoming unbearable. What can possibly justify the processing of a citizenship application for more than 36 months? For the majority of them who knows we would have been better off withdrawing and reapplying under the new 1 step process, pretty sad.

Rayan14 said:
Call Alexander's office and tell his office/staff that you're frustrated with this unfair and unjust treatment:

1-905-426-6808
1-613-995-8042

We can't just complain to ourselves here. This is the least people like us can do. Call, leave a message or request to speak to a staff. Tell them you're frustrated and won't be voting for or supporting the Cons party if the backlog persists.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Excellent idea Ryan14 we have to take the case to them especially when we know we have been waiting for more than 36 months when new applications take sometimes 6 months to complete, it is just not fair at all. I can understand how people can be intimidated at the idea of calling Chris Alexanders office but we need to find ways to make it clear to them that this is becoming unbearable. What can possibly justify the processing of a citizenship application for more than 36 months? For the majority of them who knows we would have been better off withdrawing and reapplying under the new 1 step process, pretty sad.
There is a protest in front of the CIC on March 1.
I proposed here to our members to join me in a mini sit-in and protest across CIC St. Clair office but no one seemed to care. So I don't know what else one can do to raise awareness.

Call Alexander's MP office now and ask to talk to a staffer. Call his Ottawa office and leave a message.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Moe... said:
Looks like CIC has casted 36+ months on stone for those who received RQ
CIC deliberately issuing the RQ to most of the candidates to gain 36 months of processing time. After 36 months, they have another standard answer, it is average time but some may take longer as every case is different.

Bottom line, CIC is bent down on limiting the grant of Citizenship on one or other pretext.

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
My buddy received the new "additional RQ" back in December on his 37th month, which he immediately completed. Today he received oath letter. How I want to interpret this is: CIC would take your (third, including original) final statement, supported by other docs, to decisionize without the need of a face-to-face . If judges were to invite just 1/4 of us to a face to face, the wait will be like 72 months.

So possibly, it's a method they found in order to justify a decision, which we know, at least by previous contributors, is mostly positive unless the applicant is a cheater. I am on my 26th month, want to have my citizenship as fast as the next applicant. But they got into this mess, and once 1000's of files are at the RQ counter, they need to follow a procedure. Only one CJ at St.Clair, and still +10,000 files to adjudicate. I don't want to be in his shoes, and we know that CIC was "ordered" by the previous minister to send RQ to all applicants with a trigger. They never thout about how to administer this, just sent RQ's. Now they are clearing the mess. Not defending them, but trying to clean a mess without necessary resources...Of course there's this unfortunate hype that RQ'ed = possible fraudster. So possibly we're not a priority. I agree we can respond when we'll vote. But insults, even on this forum won't take us anywhere.