Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
vinaypuri said:
I am considering re-applying as soon as 4/6 year rule comes into affect in June.
I would not advise you to withdraw the current application & re-apply. Besides losing these 2 years you already waited, you have to wait for another 24 months or even more.

Secondly, I was told if you withdraw & re-apply it might raise unnecessary suspicion & even additional .scrutiny or even RQ.

However, please consult few professional immigration consultants on this matter before you withdraw your application.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I would not advise you to withdraw the current application & re-apply. Besides losing these 2 years you already waited, you have to wait for another 24 months or even more.

Secondly, I was told if you withdraw & re-apply it might raise unnecessary suspicion & even additional .scrutiny or even RQ.

However, please consult few professional immigration consultants on this matter before you withdraw your application.
I have read the same per many. But St. Clair office is a black hole with no consistent process. But once 4/6 year rule takes affect, CIC Sydney will have no work for 1 year and when we submit app with all documentation they won't have reason to issue a RQ. By June I would have about 5.5 years of clean residency period.

Also I have learnt that the new standard operating procedure is, CIC will issue RQ only cases where residency is in question.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I have read the same per many. But St. Clair office is a black hole with no consistent process. But once 4/6 year rule takes affect, CIC Sydney will have no work for 1 year and when we submit app with all documentation they won't have reason to issue a RQ. By June I would have about 5.5 years of clean residency period.

Also I have learnt that the new standard operating procedure is, CIC will issue RQ only cases where residency is in question.
Withdrawing and reapplying itself is a reason for them to issue you RQ. Besides there is no guarantee that they will not issue RQ and keep you waiting for another 2 yrs or more. If you have already passed the citizenship test, i would suggest that you wait for oath may be its just around the corner.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the 4/6 rule? I am assuming the 4 represents the 4years before you can apply for citizenhip but not sure about the 6.

vinaypuri said:
I am considering re-appying as soon as 4/6 year rule comes into affect in June.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
vinaypuri said:
4/6 means - 4 Years of Residency in past 6 years.
Its entirely your discretion if you would like to withdraw & re-apply. However, be mindful, not all who got RQ had any real residency issues. Some of the applicants are senior citizens and never stepped out of the country in 10 years yet they got RQ.

Clearly the RQ is been abused by CIC just to gain 3 years of processing time.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree and it is a shame that CIC is just sitting on peoples applications. What is the point of holding onto these applications for years? they could have easily either accept and deny within a reasonable amount of time but they chose to bascically put them on shelves. This is truly ridiculous.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its entirely your discretion if you would like to withdraw & re-apply. However, be mindful, not all who got RQ had any real residency issues. Some of the applicants are senior citizens and never stepped out of the country in 10 years yet they got RQ.

Clearly the RQ is been abused by CIC just to gain 3 years of processing time.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
I agree and it is a shame that CIC is just sitting on peoples applications. What is the point of holding onto these applications for years? they could have easily either accept and deny within a reasonable amount of time but they chose to bascically put them on shelves. This is truly ridiculous.
Yep Agreed. As such it doesn't bother me much. But among all my family and friends who came to Canada in same time frame as I are Citizens. Often on weekend get to-gathers they talk about politics and who they gonna vote etc. I am kinda ridiculed - :( .. in a good way!.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Yep Agreed. As such it doesn't bother me much. But among all my family and friends who came to Canada in same time frame as I are Citizens. Often on weekend get to-gathers they talk about politics and who they gonna vote etc. I am kinda ridiculed - :( .. in a good way!.
Don't vote for the Conservatives. Best is to throw Chris Alexander's party out. It wasn't like this under the Chretien-Martin liberals. Conservatives are anti immigrants.

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
vinaypuri said:
I am considering re-appying as soon as 4/6 year rule comes into affect in June.
The idea is not bad at all. I am also thinking the same in case I don't get the oath letter on or before 36th month. A clean residency is needed in every case to get approval from a citizenship officer. Just think about yourself. What would you have done in case you were a officer and such a file were on your table.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Don't vote for the Conservatives. Best is to throw Chris Alexander's party out. It wasn't like this under the Chretien-Martin liberals. Conservatives are anti immigrants.
Personally I don't think Conservatives are anti-immigrants.

They are business minded bunches who forget to treat people like people. They like to put money where mouth is, or focus on things that are important for the bottom-line...doesn't matter if it is good for people or not. At the same time liberals like to over-do for people creating a generations of welfare nation. Its kind a both ways, that's why we have two philosophies to create a balance. :)

.. but leave it aside.. let's keep focus on Citizenship!.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
I called CIC and I was told that an officer has been assigned to review my file in this month (January 2015). Does anybody know how long the review takes?

Timeline:
Application: April 2012
Test and RQ: March 2013

Nothing since then.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
walrus189 said:
I called CIC and I was told that an officer has been assigned to review my file in this month (January 2015). Does anybody know how long the review takes?

Timeline:
Application: April 2012
Test and RQ: March 2013

Nothing since then.
I think it should be less than 6 weeks. Some cases 2-4 weeks.

You almost there.

ashi mashi

Mar 6, 2014
Hi guys
I called CIC and I was told my file has been sent to Scarborough for ceremony .(I was one of those people whose file was sent back for more review)