November 2023 Outland spousal applications

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am posting this again from another thread since we applied in November 2023.

So we applied for Spousal Outland Sponsorship in November 2023. We then received the AOR in December 2023, a month and a half after we applied. Since then there has been no movement on the application at all. We even ordered GCMS notes in April, and found out that my eligibility as a sponsor has not started yet. Since then we have made multiple calls to IRCC to ask for an update. They have said there is no update, and the same that sponsor eligibility has not started yet so nothing has been done for the primary applicant. They said the average processing time is 13 months and they are within the timeline. They also said that since the application has not been refused or returned so there is no need to worry. My main concern is that if eligibility for the sponsor has not started after 6.5 months what are the chances that anything will change after 13 months. This does not seem normal at all for their processing. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest apart from the patient waiting that we have been doing for so long? I simply fail to understand why are they not even bothered to look at our application after we submitted all the paperwork they asked for..

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated as I do not think anything will change even at the 13 month mark.

Thanks
You applied in Nov 23, right? Have all May, June, July 2023 applicants rec'd PPR yet? Hell no. Some of us are stuck on eligibility, like yourself.

So chillaaxx!!! You can call IRCC, call your MP, order GCMS notes evrymonth, even meet immigration minister. Just remember, the more you ask them to Check and update your file, the more delay will happen, as your file is placed in the back of que.

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
You applied in Nov 23, right? Have all May, June, July 2023 applicants rec'd PPR yet? Hell no. Some of us are stuck on eligibility, like yourself.

So chillaaxx!!! You can call IRCC, call your MP, order GCMS notes evrymonth, even meet immigration minister. Just remember, the more you ask them to Check and update your file, the more delay will happen, as your file is placed in the back of que.
Just an FYI. It's now 10 months. And if it stays this way until September then we can submit webforms to get it completed.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Just an FYI. It's now 10 months. And if it stays this way until September then we can submit webforms to get it completed.
Webforms are not magic wand. Its general purpose is to get one way Info only, like updating your contact, or providing additional info etc. I don't know of any case where an applicant used webform asking ircc to complete all remaining steps and the Johnny boy in Sydney Visa Office left his tuna sandwich to quickly finish background check and eligibility....update those status on tracker, email Copr number and PPR to applicant.

But if it happens to work for you, thats amazing.

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
Webforms are not magic wand. Its general purpose is to get one way Info only, like updating your contact, or providing additional info etc. I don't know of any case where an applicant used webform asking ircc to complete all remaining steps and the Johnny boy in Sydney Visa Office left his tuna sandwich to quickly finish background check and eligibility....update those status on tracker, email Copr number and PPR to applicant.

But if it happens to work for you, thats amazing.
If you had attempted to submit a webform previously, you would have seen there are many options to choose from. You'd have also read that webforms can be submitted after the average allowable timeframe has lapsed, to inquire about the progress of your application.
What I stated are facts. No one asked for your "opinion" on the validity of webforms.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
If you had attempted to submit a webform previously, you would have seen there are many options to choose from. You'd have also read that webforms can be submitted after the average allowable timeframe has lapsed, to inquire about the progress of your application.
What I stated are facts. No one asked for your "opinion" on the validity of webforms.
There are many applicants on this forum, who's application has gone above processing time by 6-12 months. Web-forms, gcms, emails to mp.....nothing works.

If you are going to provide an info which is basically false, somebody will have to correct you.

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
How many November 2023 applicants still waiting for the final decision? I have seen many December 2023 and January 2024 applicants already got approved.

tw9584

Aug 26, 2024
Still waiting. We did receive the Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services letter a week ago, however.

GCKey says:
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Application status tracker says:
  • Application status: In progress
  • Background verification: In progress
  • Eligibility: Not started
Two different statuses on background and eligibility. Is that normal?

arneja430

Aug 26, 2024
Still waiting. We did receive the Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services letter a week ago, however.

GCKey says:
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Application status tracker says:
  • Application status: In progress
  • Background verification: In progress
  • Eligibility: Not started
Two different statuses on background and eligibility. Is that normal?
Hi ,

mine is the same situation , what is your timeline and VO ?

tw9584

Aug 26, 2024
Hi ,

mine is the same situation , what is your timeline and VO ?
VOLondon
PA countryPakistan
Application submittedNov. 18, 2023
Application receivedNov. 19, 2023
AORJan. 20, 2024
BIL receivedJan. 22, 2024
SAJan. 24, 2024
Biometrics completeJan. 25, 2024
Medical requestApr. 23, 2024
Medical appointmentMay 9, 2024
Medical passedMay 16, 2024
Request for additional informationJun. 14, 2024