VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
My update as of today:

AOR November 11th, 2018

Eligibility: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started

VO: CPC Ottawa
CPC-Ottawa is really slow :( I have noticed nothing started even for some October AOR folks :( They really need to pick up pace next month

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Hi friends, called CIC and got a nice agent. She said the notes appear to say my eligiblity has not started, but looking closely she saw something marked as an eligibility review from Sydney office dated Dec 20 (coincidentally that's the date my BG went from NA to IP1). Now my file is in Etobicoke. What to make of this? I feel like it is positive.

AOR Nov 14, FSW-O, PNP Nova Scotia
Nationality Filipino, residence USA since 1994

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Not just for some Oct apps, for most of Oct AOR (FSWO India). People from 1-5 Oct AOR have recently got to IP2.
It actually makes sense that Oct 1-5 move to IP2 now since they're approaching 150 days on March 1-5

FSW-O Indians the average timeframe is 150-170 days. So I think they're still en route to get PPR within the timeframe.

But it sucks that Ottawa is so slow these days.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi friends, called CIC and got a nice agent. She said the notes appear to say my eligiblity has not started, but looking closely she saw something marked as an eligibility review from Sydney office dated Dec 20 (coincidentally that's the date my BG went from NA to IP1). Now my file is in Etobicoke. What to make of this? I feel like it is positive.

AOR Nov 14, FSW-O, PNP Nova Scotia
Nationality Filipino, residence USA since 1994
I'm sorry but it seems your eligibility is under review. You will have to order GCMS notes to see why it is flagged.

dentist4u

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Called Cic today. Managed to speak to an agent she said the VO is Montreal. She said nothing has started- eligibility, criminality and security.
AOR is 1 st November. Still in IP1.
Not sure if it’s a standard reply or actually nothing has started.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Called Cic today. Managed to speak to an agent she said the VO is Montreal. She said nothing has started- eligibility, criminality and security.
Can't be true, agents are very unreliable. If you really want to know, you could order GCMS.

Villegas Family

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
I'm sorry but it seems your eligibility is under review. You will have to order GCMS notes to see why it is flagged.
I don't think so, actually. I asked her if anything was flagged or needed attention and she said no. Since the note from Dec 20 is from Sydney (Nova Scotia), I think the note was referring to the verification of my 600 provincial nomination points. I felt better after this call.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
ordered them today!!
but have heard montreal office is extremely slow.... i wonder if anyone has heard something similar?
I heard that, but I got a feeling that it's actually more organized. They don't just jump on new applications, but try to finalize based on AoR date.

On one hand it makes the process more predictable, on the other hand it rewards the stupidity of some applicants. For example, I see a lot of people submitting half-made employment letters, without [insert anything here such as duties, salaries etc]. I wish they would just straight-up reject such applicants like they do if you don't upload PCC, they slow up the process for everyone. Maybe they could make it part of R10, quick check if their employment letters make sense and reject if anything is missing.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's possible if your file is at Montreal. Montreal is currently processing July / August candidates. So given your AOR you probably will hear something after 2.5+ months. There is a separate Montreal thread. You may want to join that one. Also, there is a WA group for Montreal if you wish to join it. If you join the WA group they can share an excel sheet they maintain with all Montreal cases.

Reactions: dentist4u

Ashish1

Feb 7, 2019
Friends,

Anyone has any idea what stage files at NDVO currently are.

FSW - O (India)
AOR - NOV 5
MEP - Dec 6
IP1 - Since Dec 6
Time bar shows 10 weeks left. File is at NDVO.

Also wish to check if there is separate NDVO thread.

Ashish1

Feb 7, 2019
Friends, I also have a query.

My current employer has moved to new office within the same city. Address details are updated on the website. However, telephone lines are expected to take few days to get activated. However, relevant email Id's are working fine.

My employment letter mentions email id of HR person and mobile no. of HR person. But, landline no. Of company mentioned on letterhead have changed.

Should I proactively raise CSE and inform CIC about this change? My very experienced and confident agent has advised me not to do so.

Kindly advise as I am anxious about this. I have more than 12 years of Experience and all supporting documents submitted are as per requirement of CIC with sufficient additional documents.