18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Hi All,

I URGENTLY need some advise on my wife's spousal sponsorship application!

We recently got a PPR request from NDVO (new Delhi visa office) and we are going to submit the passport soon. We just realized today that our Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission was 4 Months old. Although the VISA office has not asked us to re-submit the Police Clearance Certificate, we are concerned that they may. We feel so because:-

1. There is a rule on CIC website, which says that Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission should not be more than 3 months old.

2. Please note that Police Clearance certificate we submitted explicitly stated that its Valid for 6 months from the date of Issue. It was issued on 31-Aug-2012 so technically it expired on 28-Feb-2013. Our application processing started on 31-Dec-2012

The whole police clearance thing in India is a relatively long affair; so a part of me says that for now I just submit the passport and take a chance on Police Clearance. A part of me says that I send the Renewed Police Clearance (if possible soon with the passport) or later.

Anyone faced similar dilemma? Please advise.

Thanks,
hm82

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Hello everyone!
My hubby finally received a letter stating his new UCI! And my medical exams have been received!
Officer MT/01323.

Finally moving forward!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
wow! cant beleive some of you are all done with the process already and are getting ready to land soon! congratulations, i could only imagine what that feels like. i'm also hopeful that it won't actually take 16 months like the website says for los angeles... i imagine myself moving to canada by october or november the latest.. i just dropped my husband off at the airport an hour ago to go back to canada after a quick 4 day visit : ) sometimes i enjoy the shorter visits a little more because we don't get as used to each other's company and it makes it so that it's not as hard to say goodbye, today was the first time that i said goodbye to my husband and didn't cry! i'm proud of myself, i guess i just think of it as another step closer to living with each other for good. i'm usually starting the waterworks the day before he even leaves lol, just over thinking it. i miss him to death, always... but at least we get to look forward to two weeks together at the end of may for our first anniversary : ) we're planning to stay in niagara for a weekend, i can't wait! i'm even thinking about surprising him and coming a couple days earlier than the day i told him i was coming... we used to surprise each other all the time, but lately everything has been so planned so we havent really had the opportunity to make any surprises lol. i just love the unexpected reaction, makes it feel like the first time i drove up there all over again. god i wish i caught that on video so bad!

PS - i have to agree with a post i saw here earlier (cant remember who made the post), but it definitely is a test of our patience and love... if a couple can stay together through something like this... not seeing each other for months at a time, then it must be true love.... this is some tough stuff to go through, and if the person wasn't worth it why would we want to put ourselves through something like this? i love coming on here and seeing how much we all think alike.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
hm82 said:
Hi All,

I URGENTLY need some advise on my wife's spousal sponsorship application!

We recently got a PPR request from NDVO (new Delhi visa office) and we are going to submit the passport soon. We just realized today that our Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission was 4 Months old. Although the VISA office has not asked us to re-submit the Police Clearance Certificate, we are concerned that they may. We feel so because:-

1. There is a rule on CIC website, which says that Police Clearance at the time of Application Submission should not be more than 3 months old.

2. Please note that Police Clearance certificate we submitted explicitly stated that its Valid for 6 months from the date of Issue. It was issued on 31-Aug-2012 so technically it expired on 28-Feb-2013. Our application processing started on 31-Dec-2012

The whole police clearance thing in India is a relatively long affair; so a part of me says that for now I just submit the passport and take a chance on Police Clearance. A part of me says that I send the Renewed Police Clearance (if possible soon with the passport) or later.

Anyone faced similar dilemma? Please advise.

Thanks,
hm82
Good morning,

If they requested your wife's passport then your good to go. If your medicals and police check is close to expired visa offices usually put in a request for extension. Both medical and police checks are good for 1 year.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
BrazilianGirl said:
Hello everyone!
My hubby finally received a letter stating his new UCI! And my medical exams have been received!
Officer MT/01323.

Finally moving forward!
Congrats wishing you a speedy process

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
jainanchal said:
hello All,

Just received AOR from NDVO, it was emailed to my wife on 9th March

they asked to send the following...
- payment for permanent application fees if not paid (I have already paid)
- police clearance certificate if not attached (I have already sent with the application)
- submission of the passport (Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met. )

the question I have is, can they match the payment with the receipt copy i submitted, or do I resend it...and same with the police clearance, original was already submitted...

shall I sent a letter stating the above already been submitted? or do they already have the record of it...any one has a template I can use for the letter :) else I just write one...
Congrats you can email them stating that you did both on such and such date and see what their reply is. I would just resubmit the receipts for both if your visa office doesn't email quickly.

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
BrazilianGirl said:
Hello everyone!
Officer MT/01323.

Finally moving forward!
congrats Braziliangirl!!
so good to hear that - happy for you guys!
now lets hope the Sao Paulo office picks up the pace this year!
(we are also applying in Brazil!)
im hoping we will do faster than the average this year!!
:)

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
bscinto92 said:
wow! cant beleive some of you are all done with the process already and are getting ready to land soon! congratulations, i could only imagine what that feels like. i'm also hopeful that it won't actually take 16 months like the website says for los angeles... i imagine myself moving to canada by october or november the latest.. i just dropped my husband off at the airport an hour ago to go back to canada after a quick 4 day visit : ) sometimes i enjoy the shorter visits a little more because we don't get as used to each other's company and it makes it so that it's not as hard to say goodbye, today was the first time that i said goodbye to my husband and didn't cry! i'm proud of myself, i guess i just think of it as another step closer to living with each other for good. i'm usually starting the waterworks the day before he even leaves lol, just over thinking it. i miss him to death, always... but at least we get to look forward to two weeks together at the end of may for our first anniversary : ) we're planning to stay in niagara for a weekend, i can't wait! i'm even thinking about surprising him and coming a couple days earlier than the day i told him i was coming... we used to surprise each other all the time, but lately everything has been so planned so we havent really had the opportunity to make any surprises lol. i just love the unexpected reaction, makes it feel like the first time i drove up there all over again. god i wish i caught that on video so bad!

PS - i have to agree with a post i saw here earlier (cant remember who made the post), but it definitely is a test of our patience and love... if a couple can stay together through something like this... not seeing each other for months at a time, then it must be true love.... this is some tough stuff to go through, and if the person wasn't worth it why would we want to put ourselves through something like this? i love coming on here and seeing how much we all think alike.
i definately agree with that i think everyone is thinking the same thing. i think the length of time actually weeds out of a lot of people who aren't truly in love. I've heard so many stories that by the time the visa actually comes the people want to cancel it or aren't together anymore. If it is meant to be it will happen. It might be hard to be apart but definately worth the wait :)

That's so exciting that your hubby came down to visit for a few months!! Only 92 more days until i get to visit mine :) I'm so excited! I know its a long time but setting the date really gives us something to look forward to, in which the light seems a little brighter than that in the 12 month tunnel that they've given us for his home in Brazil.

We were also a little discouraged when we saw the average wait time jump from 10 months 2 years ago to 12 months for 80% of all cases. We're still positive though!! :) we feel like the luckiest people in the world so maybe we'll be one of those 20% who gets approved faster :)

Keep up all the positive attitudes everyone! and hang in tight. We'll all be happily living in Canada before you know it :D the hard part is soon to be over!

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
katelynlc said:
Well today I got a GREAT email:

March 8, 2013

Dear Katelyn xxxx,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act, which was received on March 6, 2013, for Owen xxx's permanent residency application notes.

I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

Documents are illegible to read. Please follow the guidelines outlined on the CIC website on what formats are acceptable for submission and resubmit your application.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either mail at the address listed at the top of this letter or by email at ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca. Ensure to quote your file number on future correspondences.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

All because ONE of the pages was scanned in UPSIDE DOWN. Honestly... are they even TRYING to work over there?!?

So I rescanned EVERYTHING at high quality and sent it back this evening. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

</rant>
So frustrating! Sorry to hear that. Really hope things go smoothly from here on in! If not... go to your MP... that's the only way we really get heard...

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
bscinto92 said:

I totally agree with you and with what Erinblaak have said.
I never thought I could be together with someone, even though apart from him for so long. As he said, our relationship have grown stronger with time and distance.

Bscinto92, I'm very happy for you guys for having the chance to see each other, even if for a short time.

And Erinblaak, I believe our processes won't take that long.
My hubby and I have been to the Consulate in Sao Paulo, and they have said the Family processes have to be done in at least 6 months! And so we hope it's true! We are the 20%! :D

Much love to all of you! <3

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
oneandonly said:
Good morning,

If they requested your wife's passport then your good to go. If your medicals and police check is close to expired visa offices usually put in a request for extension. Both medical and police checks are good for 1 year.
Thanks oneandonly !

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Good afternoon everyone any news today for our nov apps? Wishing everyone a blessed day our journey will soon be over. Keep the faith

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
oneandonly said:
Good afternoon everyone any news today for our nov apps? Wishing everyone a blessed day our journey will soon be over. Keep the faith
Hi lady! Hows it going? Wishing the same to you and hubby! Ready for your trip yet??

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
BrazilianGirl said:
I totally agree with you and with what Erinblaak have said.
I never thought I could be together with someone, even though apart from him for so long. As he said, our relationship have grown stronger with time and distance.
I completely agree with this.. Its hard to beleive that time is flying by while I wait for Mr. M, but we seem to grow closer even on those days we argue!

I hope everyone from November is in the first 20% of their respective VOs and no matter how long your countdown is to see your partner, its still a good thing! If its a week to 90 plus days! :)