03-11-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013
m_and_m said:
Hmm....in what order do they process the applications? I thought it was in the order Mississauga receives them, is this incorrect?
I'm just wondering since I thought that by now people who applied in the beginning of November should've already heard from CIC... especially since some others already have their approvals!
Or am I missing something? Can't wait to see their processing time update tomorrow! :D
They probably do process them in order, but most likely need extra checks for some of them. They move onto next applications while waiting for a response on their queries. Also, each officer is probably allocated x number of applications at any given time. As they finish with each application, another gets added to their pile.

BeccaShar

Oct 5, 2012
Great news shronak, I am still waiting. Did u get an email? Im checking mine every second! If u haven't lived in Canada since u were a child, I don't think that changes anything. What kind of proof did u give regarding ur plans to move back?

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
I have paid the requisite fee by online payment method for sponsoring my spouse and have taken two printouts of the blank reciept. Now I am confused about which details to fill. Like I am sponsor do I have to fill my name, Date of Birth, Address & Telephone no. on the printed reciept or do I need to fill the details of the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT who is my wife and whom I am sponsoring.

Urgent reply needed.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
lucky4canada said:
I have paid the requisite fee by online payment method for sponsoring my spouse and have taken two printouts of the blank reciept. Now I am confused about which details to fill. Like I am sponsor do I have to fill my name, Date of Birth, Address & Telephone no. on the printed reciept or do I need to fill the details of the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT who is my wife and whom I am sponsoring.

Urgent reply needed.
Fill out your own details and it should be fine. What is important is to put some information so they can trace the payment back to the file.
Good luck,
Sweden

rksb0819

Dec 1, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey jktokyo,

the receipt number doesn't usually work until you get approved as a sponsor. So for now, if you have sent it with registered post, it's probably the only way to know if it has arrived or not. If you sent it from outside of Canada, you probably have a tracking number - you can follow on the national website first, and once the package has left your own country, with the same tracking number you should be able to track it on Canada Post website.
Other than that - you might get lucky and get an AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) from Mississauga when they open the package, but most applicants don't, and the first time you hear from them is when you get the sponsorship approval.
Good luck with your application,
Sweden
Hi Sweden!!
When people get UCI nr and Application nr? Any Idea?
Please reply

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rksb0819 said:
Hi Sweden!!
When people get UCI nr and Application nr? Any Idea?
Please reply
Hey rksb0819 ( that's a complicated user name! :) )

Welcome to the thread... you'll get the UCI and application number when you get either an AOR ( Acknowledgement of Receipt) or directly the sponsorship approval from CIC. You might have one if you had previous dealings with CIC (applied for other visas to Canada before etc), otherwise you'll have a wait.
Good luck,
Sweden

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
hi guys,
i'm back in the US from Canada now... since yesterday. i guess the immigration officers on both sides don't really think i'm suspicious in any way because the only one question i was asked was "What were you here for?" and that was through US customs going home. i really reallyyyy missed my husband though, and still do lol. but he gets to come visit me for Christmas at least : ) i have one question though.... is anyone else who applied closer to the beginning of november ( who havent recieved approval yet ) getting nervous about "uh oh why are others getting approvals and not me what was wrong with my application?" or am i just nuts? lol... i hope and hope its there every day but nothing yet, my application got to the location on november 1st, and i still havent heard a word. now im starting to worry if my husband put the address down wrong and whatever else, just wanna know if anyone else is experiencing the same kinds of feelings lol.... impatient i guess.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
bscinto92 said:
hi guys,
i'm back in the US from Canada now... since yesterday. i guess the immigration officers on both sides don't really think i'm suspicious in any way because the only one question i was asked was "What were you here for?" and that was through US customs going home. i really reallyyyy missed my husband though, and still do lol. but he gets to come visit me for Christmas at least : ) i have one question though.... is anyone else who applied closer to the beginning of november ( who havent recieved approval yet ) getting nervous about "uh oh why are others getting approvals and not me what was wrong with my application?" or am i just nuts? lol... i hope and hope its there every day but nothing yet, my application got to the location on november 1st, and i still havent heard a word. now im starting to worry if my husband put the address down wrong and whatever else, just wanna know if anyone else is experiencing the same kinds of feelings lol.... impatient i guess.
mine was received on oct 24 ,got my application back yesterday because I missed the form imm 5406 and they said my medical form was not the original one and have to resubmit photo with specification with date of birth and name at the back.We did have the photo with the corect specification.I dont know but hubby is going to have 8 more.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bscinto92 said:
hi guys,
It's very normal indeed! :) and it's hard on the nerves when people who applied after get the approval before... there is no logical explanation about why some before others etc, it seems that they divide applications in batches as they arrive, and they get distributed to different officers... so you might be on the top of the pile, or not... but as long as the date on the website is not passed your application date, no need to worry, or think that you have done anything wrong. Most likely - you haven't! it will probably come soon, but the closer it gets to "your date", the harder it becomes - strange eh? should be the contrary as it means that you will hear soon, but nope!

So - it's normal, and you're probably next in line! :)
Sweden

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
thanks sweden! i have another question that just popped into my head about medicals. i got mine done on august 15th, and submitted my application in november..... now, i sent my part of the formin with my application.... but when i went to the doctor in august he took something from me, some paper i had to bring with me, and said that he has to mail it off? but if he mailed it off that long ago.... what do they do with it in the time between then and when they get my application? lol i just never knew what happens with that. do thye file it away somewhere??

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
londongurl said:
mine was received on oct 24 ,got my application back yesterday because I missed the form imm 5406 and they said my medical form was not the original one and have to resubmit photo with specification with date of birth and name at the back.We did have the photo with the corect specification.I dont know but hubby is going to have 8 more.
Londongurl: what do you mean by your medical form was not the original? My husband's form was like a copy of IMM1017 filled by the doctor and it has his photo on it! Hope that's the right one!! We see some people being approved so quickly and we start to wonder if our documents are complgeted, if there are things missing etc.. It's crazy! But I guess it is also normal!! :'( ::) ???

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Yes, my husband was given an IMM1017 completed by the doctor with one of his four photos attached. That's what we sent, and we are one of the fortunate ones that had a very quick sponsor approval.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bscinto92 said:
thanks sweden! i have another question that just popped into my head about medicals. i got mine done on august 15th, and submitted my application in november..... now, i sent my part of the formin with my application.... but when i went to the doctor in august he took something from me, some paper i had to bring with me, and said that he has to mail it off? but if he mailed it off that long ago.... what do they do with it in the time between then and when they get my application? lol i just never knew what happens with that. do thye file it away somewhere??
Normally the doctor sends everything to a regional center and then it sends it to the VO. The medicals sit there until your file is approved for sponsorship. Once you get the sponsorship approval, your file is transferred to the VO, and because they have one copy in your file, and one copy with the medical results, they can matched them up. Usually at that point you have an added line in ecas saying "medicals have been received" - a good way to know that your file is at the VO (almost sure at that point). BUT - if it doesn't say "medicals have been received", it doesn't mean that it's not there, it just means that it's not updated in ecas! :)
Sweden

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
bscinto92 said:
hi guys,
I know exactly how you feel! Ours was received on November 8th and I've been waiting for you guys to get your approval so that I'd know approximately how long it takes for us! And well I actually just asked about this thing yesterday and no matter what people say, I don't believe they process these applications in any order... I mean it doesn't make sense that your application, from Nov 1st is still there waiting while someone who applied on Nov 23rd got their approval days ago...oh well, I don't know. I really understand you though, if it helps I'm waiting impatiently for your approval as well haha, because that would mean ours should be coming too :D

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
bscinto92 said:
hi guys,
Same here.. Application received Oct 31 but until now we havent received any email. :( mixed emotions.. :-\