+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

hectortroy80

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Can anyone please share what additional information is requested after receiving AOR email. I see that even after receiving AOR email it usually takes around 45 days to receive nomination email. Drajpoot were you requested any additional information. Also, please let me know if there is any whatsapp group created for NSNP Express Entry 2015. If not can you please create one and include all those who are interested. It will be great to have group. The updates and clarifications would be much faster.

Thanks.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hectortroy80 said:
Can anyone please share what additional information is requested after receiving AOR email. I see that even after receiving AOR email it usually takes around 45 days to receive nomination email. Drajpoot were you requested any additional information. Also, please let me know if there is any whatsapp group created for NSNP Express Entry 2015. If not can you please create one and include all those who are interested. It will be great to have group. The updates and clarifications would be much faster.

Thanks.
Additional information requested by NSOI after AOR is not same for all. it differs case to case and not necessary that they will ask additional information if they find everything OK they will not ask anything.
I am not requested any additional information till today. As per my knowledge there is whatsapp group but I am sorry I do not have the number. Some applicants from Nigeria and china are in that whatsapp group.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
@ whitneyhazel- I hope you got AOR positively However, just in case if you did not get it, you need to send them email or call them. I remember somebody did not get AOR and when he called NSOI, they send him AOR. So please check.

@ GNPLC- You dont need to worry, your AOR is on the way, it will hit your inbox anytime this week or may be next week.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
drajpoot said:
@ whitneyhazel- I hope you got AOR positively However, just in case if you did not get it, you need to send them email or call them. I remember somebody did not get AOR and when he called NSOI, they send him AOR. So please check.

@ GNPLC- You dont need to worry, your AOR is on the way, it will hit your inbox anytime this week or may be next week.
Thanks a lot my dear friend and Well-done for the great job you are doing in this group.

seravimol

Sep 14, 2013
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2017
Doc's Request.
14-04-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
I got my AOR back in April 9th... But what does it means?

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
seravimol said:
It means completeness check have passed, application now in assessment stage.
Kindly, update your details in ss

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
seravimol said:

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
heeru_maan said:
@ Musikwala

Essentially, yeah..
Basically, they let you know that they have your application and whether or not you meet the minimum 67 points and if the application is complete.
If all is well you receive the Pre-Screening email/Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR). They also ask for your EE profile number and request for additional documents that they may need in this email.
Then the application goes on to the next phase which is the assessment.
Once they have made a decision, they let you know via email.
If the answer is positive, it is highly probable that you would be issued an ITA (Invitation To Apply) by CIC and you would have 60 days to send in additional documents they ask for and if all is well, you would receive your PR after completing the formalities.
Thanks a lot for this info! +1 to you.

How long is it taking currently to receive pre-screening email or AOR?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:
Thanks a lot for this info! +1 to you.

How long is it taking currently to receive pre-screening email or AOR?
Thanks! :)

Currently from the spreadsheet entries we can see that the applications that were received in mid January are receiving AORs.. Judging from that about 3 months..
So from your spreadsheet entry and the current information, you would likely receive an AOR sometime in mid July.
The information could change though. That's why the spreadsheet is quite handy; it helps impatient people like us get a rough estimate of the processing times.

P.S. I would give a +1 to drajpoot for coming up with the spreadsheets but I don't know how to :s

Indianbritish

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received from London VO
IELTS Request
Included in application, Upfront PCC submitted on 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
SLU (23-10-2014) on 26-08-2015 and TLU on 02-10-2015
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015 / 20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on 02-11-2015 - Received on 19-11-2015
LANDED..........
March / April 2016
Hello Friends

Update of my NSNP file after AOR - E-mail received yesterday from Immigration Officer as below:

I am writing in reference to your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program – Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream, File #XXXXXX. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) has assessed your application, and intends to refuse your application based on the following:

Eligibility Criteria – Adaptability and Intention to Settle in Nova Scotia

You have not demonstrated to the satisfaction of Nova Scotia Office of Immigration your intention to permanently settle in Nova Scotia. The evidence on file argues a stronger connection to the Province of Ontario as there is a relative currently residing there. Evidence of multiple immigration applications supports an intention to settle elsewhere in Canada.

If you have additional information regarding this matter, please provide by next week. If the requested information is not received by next week, then your application will be refused and your file closed.

My borther-in law is living in Ontario and I have also applied for FSW 2014. I did provided all this information in application form.
I need all some advice and feedback on how to respond to above e-mail.

Thank You

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Indianbritish said:
Hello Friends

Update of my NSNP file after AOR - E-mail received yesterday from Immigration Officer as below:

I am writing in reference to your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program – Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream, File #XXXXXX. The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) has assessed your application, and intends to refuse your application based on the following:

You have not demonstrated to the satisfaction of Nova Scotia Office of Immigration your intention to permanently settle in Nova Scotia. The evidence on file argues a stronger connection to the Province of Ontario as there is a relative currently residing there. Evidence of multiple immigration applications supports an intention to settle elsewhere in Canada.

If you have additional information regarding this matter, please provide by next week. If the requested information is not received by next week, then your application will be refused and your file closed.

My borther-in law is living in Ontario and I have also applied for FSW 2014. I did provided all this information in application form.

Thank You
It is very complicated situation, There is no problem to providing the correct info in application, but now you need to convince them that you seriously want to settle in Nova Scotia not in Ontario. Did you try to apply any jobs in Nova scotia in past ? or if you communicated anyone in Nova Scotia for any kind of inquiry related to settlement there or anything you have you can show them as a proof that you have true intention to settle in their province.

Request seniors and other members to suggest what to do to figure out this situation.

hemanthk1986

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Indianbritish said:
Hello Friends

Thank You
Sorry to hear about this news... dont worry now . i would say write a strong email to them with all ur intentions to stay in NS and not move to any other province in near future and if you have any proof of contacting any 1 in NS for Job or any other communication which is related to NS .. provide the same so they can re-consider your application ...

Hopes should not be lost ...Try & try again till you succeed my friend.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
heeru_maan said:
Thanks! :)

Currently from the spreadsheet entries we can see that the applications that were received in mid January are receiving AORs.. Judging from that about 3 months..
So from your spreadsheet entry and the current information, you would likely receive an AOR sometime in mid July.
The information could change though. That's why the spreadsheet is quite handy; it helps impatient people like us get a rough estimate of the processing times.

P.S. I would give a +1 to drajpoot for coming up with the spreadsheets but I don't know how to :s
Thanks my friend.
Your are new member and you have just wrote 9 posts so You need to write some more posts only then you would be able to give +1 to anyone.
We all here need wishes and blessing for our application.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
As per AOR date yhw9102, satya and arbylotus should get some communication from NSOI ,as indianbritish and abhishishir who got AOR after them have been received email for providing additional documents to support their intention to live in Nova scotia.

@yhw9102, satya and arbylotus please update us.