+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarization as per July 2011 guidelines

SG2011

Oct 3, 2011
Need help!!

The instruction manual states to notarize however it doesn't state clearly which documents??

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
SG2011 said:
Need help!!

The instruction manual states to notarize however it doesn't state clearly which documents??
Hi dear, all the documents which are not originals should be notarized.

Cheers..

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SG2011 said:
Need help!!

What documents needs to be notarised is clearly mentioned in the checklist for FSW.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5612e.pdf

Mitali

SG2011

Oct 3, 2011
All documents - which means even copies of the passport pages which indicates travel. Also employment certficate/ bank statement as well, please clarify.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SG2011 said:
All documents - which means even copies of the passport pages which indicates travel. Also employment certficate/ bank statement as well, please clarify.
Hi SG2011

If you read carefully the information is included in the chklist.

Gather your documents in the order of the checklist and check R each item. Attach small items such as photos and certified cheques with a paper clip, otherwise leave documents unbound. Place all documents in a sealed envelope. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version

For the rest, chk the last column on the chklist for the individual information.

Mitali

SG2011

Oct 3, 2011
Hi Mitali,

I have read the instructions carefully, just wanted to confirm if it is written as copies does it mean that I would need to notarize them or is it a photo copy.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,
SG

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SG2011 said:
Hi Mitali,

I have read the instructions carefully, just wanted to confirm if it is written as copies does it mean that I would need to notarize them or is it a photo copy.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,
SG
Notarization is not required for COPIES...just Photocopy would do.

Good luck with your application.
Mitali

SG2011

Oct 3, 2011
I am confused :(

Can you tell me which documents... except the translaton one as all my documents are in English.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SG2011 said:
I am confused :(

Can you tell me which documents... except the translaton one as all my documents are in English.
Here you go:

From the checklist :

Travel doc and passport refer to #8 - COPIES (Notarization not required)

Work Experience refer to #11 - ORIGINAL REFERENCE LETTERS
addl supporting docs - Work contracts - COPIES
Paystubs - Copies

Educational docs: COPIES unless stated

Education/Training/Qualifications For you, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner: • Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or diplomas; • College or university documents: certification of completion and/or the graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and the evaluation committee; • Trade/Apprenticeship documents: certificate and evidence of apprenticeship; • Transcripts: original transcripts for all successfully completed studies (diplomas, certificates, degrees), if available. • Professional qualifications certificates: professional qualifications certificates should be submitted if available (e.g., Engineer, Computer Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect, etc.); • Proof of previous study in Canada (if applicable): copies of study permits issued to you and/or your accompanying spouse or common-law and any certificates/diplomas or degrees awarded. • You must include evidence of both the total number of years of education along with evidence that the program(s) were completed

Hope this helps.

Mitali

a trying mom

Sep 28, 2011
SG2011, I understood to instructions as ALL copies must be notarized. Every document photocopied must be notarized as being a true copy of the original, that's how I understood it. So the documents submitted must be either original (as requested on the checklist) OR notarized copies. I'm guessing this may differ according to people's understanding of the instructions on the checklist.

zeecee

Oct 16, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
PER 11-JAN-2012
IELTS Request
8 band
File Transfer...
22 June 2012
Med's Request
30 August 2012
Med's Done....
21 October (3rd line)
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 18.03.2013 DM on 11.4.2013 waiting for PPR2
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Mitali,

Just wanted to inquire about marriage and birth certificates.

Should i send origionals or notarized copies are ok?

Please guide and help.

Regards
Zee

mitali said:
Here you go:

From the checklist :

Travel doc and passport refer to #8 - COPIES (Notarization not required)

Work Experience refer to #11 - ORIGINAL REFERENCE LETTERS
addl supporting docs - Work contracts - COPIES
Paystubs - Copies

Educational docs: COPIES unless stated

Education/Training/Qualifications For you, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner: • Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or diplomas; • College or university documents: certification of completion and/or the graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and the evaluation committee; • Trade/Apprenticeship documents: certificate and evidence of apprenticeship; • Transcripts: original transcripts for all successfully completed studies (diplomas, certificates, degrees), if available. • Professional qualifications certificates: professional qualifications certificates should be submitted if available (e.g., Engineer, Computer Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect, etc.); • Proof of previous study in Canada (if applicable): copies of study permits issued to you and/or your accompanying spouse or common-law and any certificates/diplomas or degrees awarded. • You must include evidence of both the total number of years of education along with evidence that the program(s) were completed

Hope this helps.

Mitali

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
very good question please any body has experience and already got PER does birth and marriage certificates need to be notarized ??? ???

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
zeecee said:
Hello Mitali,

Just wanted to inquire about marriage and birth certificates.

Should i send origionals or notarized copies are ok?

Please guide and help.

Regards
Zee

Do not sent the originals of birth and marriage certificates. Cetrified copies will do.