+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
a.R. said:
Dreamchaser, I think your background checks might have expired. Next time when you call ask them if they are valid. Shooze and Texan might be in the same situation.
I was told that the checks are fine for now but "might expire"

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
a.R. said:
You should be getting a test invite soon. When did you call CIC? Also ask them if you background checks are expired or not.
I called 2 days ago and I was told that all seems fine with my file and I just have to wait for the local office which is Calgary to schedule me for a test. I was also told that I was still well within the normal processing time of 24 months, needless to say that it takes far less time in Ontario.
I was told nothing about expiry of background checks. Infact this is the first time I am hearing that the background checks could expire. So what happens when my first background check which was completed in Jan/Feb 2014 expires? does the local office here in Calgary request another background from CIC in Sydney or what.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
I sent my application last year August. I called the call center couple times to check my LOT date, I got different answers from different agent. The last answer was the April. Honestly, I have doubt actual LOT date could be before April.

Looks CIC is considering Application receipt date, not LOT date. Just guess!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
last.fortune.last said:
I sent my application last year August. I called the call center couple times to check my LOT date, I got different answers from different agent. The last answer was the April. Honestly, I have doubt actual LOT date could be before April.

Looks CIC is considering Application receipt date, not LOT date. Just guess!
Can you share all the different ans? I want to see the variation.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
a.R. said:
Can you share all the different ans? I want to see the variation.
I got 3 difference answers, April first week, April 10 and last week of April.

So, I was thinking LOT process takes couple weeks from Sidney to Calgary and the different agent could take delivery date from Sidney or acceptence date from Calgary as reference

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
a.R. said:
AlexRox - Any updates on your end? You share the same LOT date as last.fortune.last.
A.R. Nothing So far. However as you mentioned , looks like they go by the Received Date/In Process Date. I am a December 2013 Applicant. So the earliest test date, I would expect would be in late Feb 2015.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
You never know. Seems like they go by Received and In Process date for now. But their is a slim possibility that they skipped all the March LOT and jumped to April, cause of background checks expiring or being close to expiry. Again slim possibility.

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
a.R. said:
You never know. Seems like they go by Received and In Process date for now. But their is a slim possibility that they skipped all the March LOT and jumped to April, cause of background checks expiring or being close to expiry. Again slim possibility.
Pardon my ignorance but what is LOT ? I am guessing that is when an applicant file was moved to the local office. If that is true then I am in the March 2014 LOT. So aR how do you mean by them skipping the March 2014 LOT (I hope this is not true) what then happens to March 2014 LOT . Pls enlighten me

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
unhappydude said:
Pardon my ignorance but what is LOT ? I am guessing that is when an applicant file was moved to the local office. If that is true then I am in the March 2014 LOT. So aR how do you mean by them skipping the March 2014 LOT (I hope this is not true) what then happens to March 2014 LOT . Pls enlighten me
I asked the same question about what LOT means, but I'm still waiting for someone that knows to provide an answer.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
LOT - is local office transfer. My application was also transferred to the Local office in March.

What I meant when i said that CIC might have skipped LOT of March was that, they might have requested to renew the background checks as most of them would be close to expiring (big assumption). Also, I said that the possibility of this happening is very slim. So for now it seems as if CIC does go by Application Received and In Process date rather than LOT. Enlightened?

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
Thanks a.R the explanation was helpful. So you and I are in the same LOT. Pls keep us posted whenever you receive your invite to take the test and I will do the same.

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
a.R. said:
LOT - is local office transfer. My application was also transferred to the Local office in March.

What I meant when i said that CIC might have skipped LOT of March was that, they might have requested to renew the background checks as most of them would be close to expiring (big assumption). Also, I said that the possibility of this happening is very slim. So for now it seems as if CIC does go by Application Received and In Process date rather than LOT. Enlightened?
Thanks a.R. I guess we can almost conclude that Calgary is not as fast as some other locations. I submitted in June 2014 and application went into Processing August 24. Baring some pleasant surprises, I may not see the next step for a few months.