+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Speaking of security checks , what type of checks are requested by CIC?
I see one called RCMP clearance and one is called Immigration clearance .. Both are passed status . Do they also request clearance from CSIS ?

Funke

Oct 1, 2008
wsm_al said:
Congratulations Funke!! Do you know when your e-case status has been updated?
Please keep us updated on how the interview and test go..
Good luck!!

Thanks. e-case status has been updated

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
We had citizenship oath yesterday along with 80 other people. It took aroung an hour and 30 min to complete full process.

It has been great feeling after boring 21months from application. My time line is in file.

All the best to colleague in queue for speedy process of your application waiting for citizenship.

thanks

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
SuperCitizen, congratulations!

I have also test next week in Calgary. What are the office checking and asking for each person? and how long does that take? Now, I am trying to collect the required documentations. But I do not want to have all the unnecessary documents.

thanks

unhappydude

Nov 13, 2014
SuperCitizen said:
We had citizenship oath yesterday along with 80 other people. It took aroung an hour and 30 min to complete full process.

It has been great feeling after boring 21months from application. My time line is in file.

All the best to colleague in queue for speedy process of your application waiting for citizenship.

thanks
Congrats super citizen. Must have been a long waiting period for you.
Let's say I am overly optimistic and expect mine to also be completed in 21 months, that takes me to Feb 2015 hmm I am almost there but I hope I get the invitation for the test this December. If I may ask how much time passed between when you took the test and the oath ceremony? Maybe I get very lucky and have my oath ceremony same as my test day.
CIC Calgary local office sure does know how to test ones patience.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
If you want to see how unfairly Calgary applicants are being treated look at this 2014 spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0 kindly updated by Paco who started a new thread------ [Fixed] 2014 Citizenship Spreadsheet

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
paw339 said:
If you want to see how unfairly Calgary applicants are being treated look at this 2014 spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0 kindly updated by Paco who started a new thread------ [Fixed] 2014 Citizenship Spreadsheet
According to this, one applicant(maidentower) who applied in Jan 2014 has already got the test. Do you think this information is correct ?

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
AlexRox said:
According to this, one applicant(maidentower) who applied in Jan 2014 has already got the test. Do you think this information is correct ?

I checked someone who fixed that spreadsheet mistakenly put calgary maiden tower is from Toronto

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria Ash said:
I checked someone who fixed that spreadsheet mistakenly put calgary maiden tower is from Toronto
Nop, I didnt change the columns on the left of 'test date', but it look like there is 2 rows with maidentower ;-)

I guess someone did a duplicate to add his own case and then forget to change the nickname...

To avoid the confusion I'm flushing now maidentower's virtual twin (calgary) :p

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Guess not. I was hoping that you'd hear something. Call CIC and see if they say something. They let you know if a test invite has been sent out.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al said:
No more updates this week from Calgary??
wsm_al,

a.R. is right, all eyes on you.......call CIC and ask them to specifically look at your file movement if anybody started working on it at Calgary.
based on what others reported last week you are 10days away from one of them, so you might be next...unless they pick my file from that large bin they throw all the files and pick one based on what they touch randomly :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
YYC_CICGUY said:
wsm_al,

a.R. is right, all eyes on you.......call CIC and ask them to specifically look at your file movement if anybody started working on it at Calgary.
based on what others reported last week you are 10days away from one of them, so you might be next...unless they pick my file from that large bin they throw all the files and pick one based on what they touch randomly :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D
hhhhh. I called them yesterday. The gentle man said that at this point there is no issues on my file and it is waiting for the test. It can take up to 24 months as a regular time. The guy that I called last month told me that no one even opened my file yet :(. so I don't think the call centre is that helpful. The only thing that is helpful is "Patience" :).
We will keep waiting ....
Thx

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
wsm_al said:
hhhhh. I called them yesterday. The gentle man said that at this point there is no issues on my file and it is waiting for the test. It can take up to 24 months as a regular time. The guy that I called last month told me that no one even opened my file yet :(. so I don't think the call centre is that helpful. The only thing that is helpful is "Patience" :).
We will keep waiting ....
Thx
I called CIC today and the guy mentioned that the last activity he can see in my file is completion of my "background and criminal checks" on Aug 17, 2014.

Other than that he gave me same reponse that the they have 24 months and my case looks routine etc etc.