+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

djleb

Jan 3, 2024
Hi
I've got a nomination from Ontario under Foreign Skilled Worker and now I am applying for Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee class.
My document checklist, doesn't include any proof of status in Canada, should I add it even if it is not requested there or can I consider it done by the provincial step and doesn't attach?

C_from_ON

Star Member
Mar 29, 2022
Hi
I've got a nomination from Ontario under Foreign Skilled Worker and now I am applying for Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee class.
My document checklist, doesn't include any proof of status in Canada, should I add it even if it is not requested there or can I consider it done by the provincial step and doesn't attach?
In my case, I included both mine and my partner's work permits and explained it through 'Letter for Explanation'.

sealGuy

Oct 16, 2023
Hi
If you are an inland applicant, you must have UCI number. It’s your ID in the IRCC system. Having it means you have some status in Canada (study/work/tourism/etc). So, obviously ircc officer will find your status in their database by your UCI.
That’s why there’s no proof of status documents in the document checklist.

Reactions: psdey and C_from_ON

psdey

Apr 3, 2020
Good Morning all,

A very basic question, i have seen some of us talking about office location like sydney, Ontario etc.
how/where do you get this information from? did ircc agent tells you or a webform?

also, some of us have motioned changed of "VO changed from one to another " how to get that too?

Reactions: ECCA98

psdey

Apr 3, 2020
Hi
I was not asked for this document , but i added it during my passport scan,( work permit stamp)

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
There are different statuses in my online tracker and GC key
My online tracker states Eligibility=Not started, Background check=Inprogress
Where as Gc key says Eligibility=We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check=Not applicable.

Can anyone advise which one is more accurate

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
Good Morning all,

A very basic question, i have seen some of us talking about office location like sydney, Ontario etc.
how/where do you get this information from? did ircc agent tells you or a webform?

also, some of us have motioned changed of "VO changed from one to another " how to get that too?
You can call IRCC and kind agents will tell you basically everything you want to know(including VOs) but if you got mean ones they won't.
You can also request a GCMS/CBSA note. It usually take 30 days to get. In there there will be very detailed including Primary, secondary VOs.

The pain in the ass is, if you call, you need luck to get in and probably wait on the line forever; if you request GCMS/CBSA notes, it may exceed 30 days and you also may receive the note that generated 20 days before you get it.

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
Hi folks,

Can anyone advise on how to apply for GCMS notes?
Go to this website and follow the instruction: Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online RequestATIPhttps://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca › atip
If you want to apply from IRCC, you can fill the forms. Choose Access to Information Act. Make sure you provided the right info and make sure you choose to apply for Case file, Officer's note.
If you want to apply from CBSA, you will be redirect to an ATIP online account. That account could work incorrect with Safari/ Edge so it's better to use Chrome/FireFox. Once you registered the account you can submit a new request based on Access to Information Act. Then follow the lead finish the form.

In both situation, you will need to pay $5. If you are already in Canada, you will need to submit:
- Passport front page
- Current Status (Work Permit...)
as attachment for id verification purposes.

You will receive an Mail Out email from where you applied and get your note as an PDF attachment.

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
There are different statuses in my online tracker and GC key
My online tracker states Eligibility=Not started, Background check=Inprogress
Where as Gc key says Eligibility=We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check=Not applicable.

Can anyone advise which one is more accurate
We have the exactly same situation as you described.

In tracker:
- the eligibility status might not even complete when you get approved so that information is meaningless. My eligibility passed on Oct 05, 2024 but now it still shows Not Started.
- BGC here means the whole stuff, including Criminality, Security, Info Sharing, Organized Crime, ... as long as one item is in progress it will show In Progress.

In GCKey:
- eligibility will very likely show the same until your final decision comes.
- my BGC went 'Not Applicable' for 3+ months. According to GCMS note my criminality is in progress right after my eligibility passed, and my Security is not even started as of now.

If you'd like to see what's going on, you'd better request a note.

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
We have the exactly same situation as you described.

In tracker:
- the eligibility status might not even complete when you get approved so that information is meaningless. My eligibility passed on Oct 05, 2024 but now it still shows Not Started.
- BGC here means the whole stuff, including Criminality, Security, Info Sharing, Organized Crime, ... as long as one item is in progress it will show In Progress.

In GCKey:
- eligibility will very likely show the same until your final decision comes.
- my BGC went 'Not Applicable' for 3+ months. According to GCMS note my criminality is in progress right after my eligibility passed, and my Security is not even started as of now.

If you'd like to see what's going on, you'd better request a note.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am outland applicant. And I think outland applicants cannot apply for GCMS notes.