+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee and guys,
I received CBSA notes in June 2024 and comprehensive security check is progress. I did not notice any abnormalities in CBSA and GCMS notes.
@Miss bee, I studied that comprehensive security took somewhere between 9-18 months.
it's now 20 months since I submitted my PR application and security in progress from last 9 months. Do you suggest I should go for writ of mandamus?
About 20% of our mandamus files are caused by security related delays. While security cases may take longer to be finalized, i find that in many cases, a decision can be issued within 2-4 months of mandamus proceedings being commenced, as IRCC puts pressure on the CBSA and/or CSIS to complete the assessment, which is often held up due to bureaucratic reasons. In addition, in some cases, the file is in fact ready to be finalized, and the mandamus “wakes up” the appropriate agency, which leads to a decision being issued.

That said, some security assessments can take longer and the mandamus file may proceed to a hearing. This requires the Court to find the case meritorious and to set a hearing date. Hearings are typically scheduled within 10-12 months of proceedings being commenced. Please note that in many cases where a hearing is scheduled due to a security related delay, IRCC finalizes the application before the hearing date. In other words, just because a hearing is scheduled, does not mean that the file will make it to a hearing. If a file does make it to a hearing it is important to note that the Federal Court has consistently held that blanket or general reliance on ongoing security checks does not constitute a reasonable justification for mandamus purposes. In plain terms, some degree of particulars for the delay must be provided.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello @Miss bee
I could use your suggestion here, any input would be appreciated. I just got an approved for my Work Permit + restoration of status. But I currently only have the confirmation letter from ircc I still
don't have the original work permit soft copy or hard copy, it will take maybe two more weeks.
I have a PR application in progress, currently under BG check, Do you think I should just send a webform with the document number from this confirmation document, or wait till I get the hard/soft copy of my work permit
IRCC has access to all your permits and applications. You don’t need to send a copy of work permit to them however to be safe , you can wait few days and send them copy of actual work permit.

Reactions: Young abhin

saba ro

Jul 16, 2024
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
CV- Military record's housband
AOR Received.
12 April
Med's Request
27 May 2024
Med's Done....
08 June 2024
Hi

my timeline for Non-EE Forgin Worker Stream

AR: 15 Jan 2024
AOR +BIL : 12 April 2024
PAL + Medical : 25 May 2024
Medical passed : 08 June 2024
ADR : CV + Military record ( my husband- he went to obligatory military based on my home country requirement ): 14 June 2024
ADR : updated on GCKEY 20 June2024

Called IRCC :

PVO: Sydney
SVO: Ottawa
Eligibility : passed
Criminality : passed
Info-sharing : completed
Security : in progress

Do you know how many days it takes from mentioned office , my background checked complete as well?

Also, i submitted CBSA note last week , i am waiting for response.

Any idea when security pass when all other part passed !?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi

my timeline for Non-EE Forgin Worker Stream

AR: 15 Jan 2024
AOR +BIL : 12 April 2024
PAL + Medical : 25 May 2024
Medical passed : 08 June 2024
ADR : CV + Military record ( my husband- he went to obligatory military based on my home country requirement ): 14 June 2024
ADR : updated on GCKEY 20 June2024

Called IRCC :

PVO: Sydney
SVO: Ottawa
Eligibility : passed
Criminality : passed
Info-sharing : completed
Security : in progress

Do you know how many days it takes from mentioned office , my background checked complete as well?

Also, i submitted CBSA note last week , i am waiting for response.

Any idea when security pass when all other part passed !?
Most probably you will go through comprehensive security checks due to military background. For security check it’s done by third parties and there is no timeline for it .

Reactions: saba ro

saba ro

Jul 16, 2024
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
CV- Military record's housband
AOR Received.
12 April
Med's Request
27 May 2024
Med's Done....
08 June 2024
Most probably you will go through comprehensive security checks due to military background. For security check it’s done by third parties and there is no timeline for it .
Thank you for quick reply.

So, i should wait to see on my CBSA note and their process !
Thank you

Famoral

May 1, 2024
Thank you very much @Miss bee
@Miss bee I have a question. My current work permit is just valid until the end of October and I need to go to a business trip for the first week of the October. I had not applied for TRV before. Now, I applied for BOWP two weeks ago, but i don't think it will be ready for my trip, so i need to apply for TRV with my current work permit. Is it possible to apply for TRV with a work permit which is valid only for 3 months? It is an urgent trip requested by my employer. Unfortunately, it is 18 months that I am waiting for PR and I stuck in security.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee I have a question. My current work permit is just valid until the end of October and I need to go to a business trip for the first week of the October. I had not applied for TRV before. Now, I applied for BOWP two weeks ago, but i don't think it will be ready for my trip, so i need to apply for TRV with my current work permit. Is it possible to apply for TRV with a work permit which is valid only for 3 months? It is an urgent trip requested by my employer. Unfortunately, it is 18 months that I am waiting for PR and I stuck in security.
Yes you can apply for TRV . However processing time is around 1 month and also it depends.

sami1984

Jun 8, 2019
About 20% of our mandamus files are caused by security related delays. While security cases may take longer to be finalized, i find that in many cases, a decision can be issued within 2-4 months of mandamus proceedings being commenced, as IRCC puts pressure on the CBSA and/or CSIS to complete the assessment, which is often held up due to bureaucratic reasons. In addition, in some cases, the file is in fact ready to be finalized, and the mandamus “wakes up” the appropriate agency, which leads to a decision being issued.

That said, some security assessments can take longer and the mandamus file may proceed to a hearing. This requires the Court to find the case meritorious and to set a hearing date. Hearings are typically scheduled within 10-12 months of proceedings being commenced. Please note that in many cases where a hearing is scheduled due to a security related delay, IRCC finalizes the application before the hearing date. In other words, just because a hearing is scheduled, does not mean that the file will make it to a hearing. If a file does make it to a hearing it is important to note that the Federal Court has consistently held that blanket or general reliance on ongoing security checks does not constitute a reasonable justification for mandamus purposes. In plain terms, some degree of particulars for the delay must be provided.
I have paid almost $4000 for PR application so far which is normal. And now we have to pay another $ 4000 to wake IRCC up! This is not only unethical, inhuman, and unfair , but also ridiculously irresponsible and shameful.

Reactions: Haider76

SP199

Mar 5, 2021
Good Day..!
Is anyone got AOR who has submitted the application on or after April 18th, 2024 ? Thanks in advance.