+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Rufft

Jul 10, 2024
Hey yall! I’m stressing out so bad here. I applied for my PNP nomination (Alberta) in September 2023, and received a nomination in March 2024. I submitted a PR application in April 2024, but I haven’t received an AoR, the problem is my work permit expires in September. What do I do so I don’t loose status or at least don’t loose my status. Thank you!!

Gadouuu

Sep 25, 2023
Hi Miss bee, this is my timeline
AR Jan 18, 2024
AOR+BIL Apr 17, 2024
MR June 11,2024
MP June 17,2024

PVO Etobicoke SVO Sydney

Eligibility: in progress
Medicals: Passed
Info Sharing: in progress
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started

Do you think it's normal that none of my background checks are cleared?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey yall! I’m stressing out so bad here. I applied for my PNP nomination (Alberta) in September 2023, and received a nomination in March 2024. I submitted a PR application in April 2024, but I haven’t received an AoR, the problem is my work permit expires in September. What do I do so I don’t loose status or at least don’t loose my status. Thank you!!
Don’t worry you will get AOR by that time and you can apply for BOWP . By the way do you have Employer restrictions on your nomination letter?

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
Hi, I’m new in this group. I’m a closed work permit holder and currently is working for my employer in BC. I, via a representative, submitted bc PNP non-express PR application in early March 2023. Received police certificate request in early April 2023, and then received updated resumes ( I and my wife) in mid October 2023. After that, I do not hear a word about the application. The processing time is keeping shorter and shorter after submitting the application. Any advice? What should/can I do? Thanks.
@Miss bee: Can you please advise? Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Miss bee, this is my timeline
AR Jan 18, 2024
AOR+BIL Apr 17, 2024
MR June 11,2024
MP June 17,2024

PVO Etobicoke SVO Sydney

Eligibility: in progress
Medicals: Passed
Info Sharing: in progress
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started

Do you think it's normal that none of my background checks are cleared?
This is normal. It’s only 3 months when you got AOR . Wait couple of months and you will get update.

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
Your application will be processed according to processing time which was currently in effect that time . Looks like you are stuck in eligibility stage. You can request GCMS notes and see what’s going on.
@Miss bee : one more question, do you mean if the processing time say was 20 months when I submitted the PR application, my application processing time will be according to 20 months. The current processing time 11 months is irrelevant to me and no impact to my application?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee : one more question, do you mean if the processing time say was 20 months when I submitted the PR application, my application processing time will be according to 20 months. The current processing time 11 months is irrelevant to me and no impact to my application?
Yes absolutely. Most of applications are processed before given timeframe so you don’t have to worry about it . It won’t take 20 months unless you are stuck in comprehensive security checks.

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
Yes absolutely. Most of applications are processed before given timeframe so you don’t have to worry about it . It won’t take 20 months unless you are stuck in comprehensive security checks.
@Miss bee: Do you know what are the criteria for doing a comprehensive security check? What happened if a comprehensive security check is required? Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee: Do you know what are the criteria for doing a comprehensive security check? What happened if a comprehensive security check is required? Thanks.
Security Screening’ is one of the stages of an application that has been shrouded in complete secrecy. For permanent resident applicants, security screening shows up as a part of the Background Check (BGC) in their MyCIC account. The background check is a catch-all phrase for Criminality, security and info sharing.
Background Check status in MyCIC account will change from “not applicable,” to “in progress,” then again to “not applicable,” and again to “we are processing your background check” during the processing of an application. Since BGC encompasses criminality, security screening and info sharing, the BGC status changes once early in the processing of an application when the criminality checks are done and then again when the security screening is initiated.
A security screening request is a message transmitted to NSSD and screening partners to request in-depth screening of a person’s background.

The various types of requests and the security screening partners to whom the request for permanent resident applications are sent is as follows:

Section of
IRPA
Screening Values – GCMSCriteriaCase goes to
34Security screening
record check
Most inland applicationsCSIS
34Security screening
Comprehensive check
Inland and overseas applications that meet
one or several of the following:
• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 34 of IRPA
• the applicant meets one or more of the
iapplicable screening indicators listed in the
Immigration Control Manual – 2
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 34(1) of IRPA
CBSA, CSIS
35Human and International Rights Violations (HIRV)• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 35 of IRPA
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 35 of IRPA
CBSA
37Organised Crime• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 37 of IRPA
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 37(1) of IRPA
CBSA
Sending a Security Screening request to NSSD and screening partners.
Steps to take when your application is stuck in security screening to too long?
The first order of business is to check your GCMS notes and see if your eligibility has been conclusively passed. (see 2. When does security screening start?). It has been more than 110 days since your eligibility was conclusively passed, then there is a high likelihood that your application may be in comprehensive screening and may take longer.

Next is to determine whether CBSA or both, CBSA and CSIS, are involved in the security screening. To find when the security screening request was sent or when an agency concluded its involvement, request CBSA notes or CSIS notes. With the help of the notes you will be able to know where your application is and whether CBSA / CSIS have provided their reports to IRCC and if the delay is at the end of IRCC.

If an inordinate amount of time has lapsed and your application is stop pending in security screening, you must consult a lawyer to review whether your case is an appropriate one for a “Humanitarian & Compassionate application” or for a “Writ of Mandamus.”

KLSC_BC

May 30, 2024
Security Screening’ is one of the stages of an application that has been shrouded in complete secrecy. For permanent resident applicants, security screening shows up as a part of the Background Check (BGC) in their MyCIC account. The background check is a catch-all phrase for Criminality, security and info sharing.
Background Check status in MyCIC account will change from “not applicable,” to “in progress,” then again to “not applicable,” and again to “we are processing your background check” during the processing of an application. Since BGC encompasses criminality, security screening and info sharing, the BGC status changes once early in the processing of an application when the criminality checks are done and then again when the security screening is initiated.
A security screening request is a message transmitted to NSSD and screening partners to request in-depth screening of a person’s background.

The various types of requests and the security screening partners to whom the request for permanent resident applications are sent is as follows:

Section of
IRPA
Screening Values – GCMSCriteriaCase goes to
34Security screening
record check
Most inland applicationsCSIS
34Security screening
Comprehensive check
Inland and overseas applications that meet
one or several of the following:
• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 34 of IRPA
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 34(1) of IRPA
CBSA, CSIS
35Human and International Rights Violations (HIRV)• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 35 of IRPA
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 35 of IRPA
CBSA
37Organised Crime• the applicant is subject to a lookout related
to section 37 of IRPA
• the officer suspects that the applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to subsection 37(1) of IRPA
CBSA
Sending a Security Screening request to NSSD and screening partners.
Steps to take when your application is stuck in security screening to too long?
The first order of business is to check your GCMS notes and see if your eligibility has been conclusively passed. (see 2. When does security screening start?). It has been more than 110 days since your eligibility was conclusively passed, then there is a high likelihood that your application may be in comprehensive screening and may take longer.

Next is to determine whether CBSA or both, CBSA and CSIS, are involved in the security screening. To find when the security screening request was sent or when an agency concluded its involvement, request CBSA notes or CSIS notes. With the help of the notes you will be able to know where your application is and whether CBSA / CSIS have provided their reports to IRCC and if the delay is at the end of IRCC.

If an inordinate amount of time has lapsed and your application is stop pending in security screening, you must consult a lawyer to review whether your case is an appropriate one for a “Humanitarian & Compassionate application” or for a “Writ of Mandamus.”
Thanks very much for the detail information Miss Bee.

Rufft

Jul 10, 2024
Don’t worry you will get AOR by that time and you can apply for BOWP . By the way do you have Employer restrictions on your nomination letter?
You’re so kind thank you! No I got the PGWP and the three year length expires this September. By the way, did you also apply to PNP? If so, What are/were your timelines, if you don’t mind?