+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

fly7251

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
Med's Request
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
20-02-2014
I quite agree with Pa Emo, if the brakes would lead to a faster processing by January, then it seems desirable; Also, to remain prayerful & optimistic, that the 'competitiveness' as smelled wouldn't affect our fellow forumites & even relatives who intend to apply come January... I think waiting is the key, and it will be for good

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

This is not a good news for Pre February 2008 applicants ooo but it is well and i also believe our own Mama Ig will have her application processed completely IJN, AMEN.

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Happy canada day...Naija canadians
May all our canada dreams come true speedily in God's time without delay in Jesus Name.

Happy New month n brand new month

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
emmy_est said:
Happy canada day...Naija canadians
May all our canada dreams come true speedily in God's time without delay in Jesus Name.

Happy New month n brand new month
Thank you for being real and prophetic. I am already making the right move to prepare my contribution to that society when I get there with my contingent.
We are African-Canadian. Its safer to say so.... I hope you know what I mean. :p :p :p :p :p

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMO said:
Thank you for being real and prophetic. I am already making the right move to prepare my contribution to that society when I get there with my contingent.
We are African-Canadian. Its safer to say so.... I hope you know what I mean. :p :p :p :p :p

yejydo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gel003 said:
This is not a good news for Pre February 2008 applicants ooo but it is well and i also believe our own Mama Ig will have her application processed completely IJN, AMEN.

I know the news may somehw dampen d spirit of some forum members... especially the"backloggers".... bt believe me.... ALL THINGs work 2gether 4 GOOD for them that love God......and i know HE will bing us ALL to our desired end.
so.. keep looking up....Happy new month all!
:D

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt]Listed below are the proposed changes to the existing FSW program:

[size=10pt]

1. Greater emphasis on language proficiency – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for the first official language proficiency from 16 to 20 points and at the same time introduce minimum language requirements based on occupation. CIC is increasing the maximum points awarded for proficiency in language and on establishing minimum language requirements depending on the immigrant's skill level. For example, managers or professionals would have different requirement from trades people. Rationale: A 2005 Statistics Canada study found that the employment rates of immigrants increased relative to their English or French language proficiency. It also found that language proficiency had the biggest positive impact on the immigrant's ability to work in high-skilled professions. Language proficiency is an important factor in an immigrant's success.

2. More points based on age – CIC proposes to increase maximum points for age from 10 to 12 points. Maximum points will be awarded until age 35, with a gradual decrease of points until age 49. No age points will be awarded after age 50. Rationale: Research shows that immigrants who arrive between the ages of 20 to 30 have been found to have the greatest positive economic impact on the receiving country. In contrast, immigrants aged 45 years and older experience unemployment rates almost double those aged 25 to 34 years old. Younger immigrants are more likely to adapt more quickly to their new environment and provide greater positive contribution to the economy. Approximately 27% of FSW immigrants who arrived between 2000 and 2006 were over the age of 40 and Canada wants to attract younger immigrants.

3. Reduce years of education required – CIC proposes to reduce the number of years of education required to claim points for trade or non-university post secondary education. This change will improve eligibility of skilled trade persons, technicians and apprentices who have valid post secondary education but not the required number of years of study. Rationale: Canada is facing shortages of workers in certain skilled trades.

Immigrants can help address this need. Skilled trades people currently make up less than 3% of all FSW applicants. CIC wants to help qualified trades people immigrate to Canada. Education points are now based on the university degree or trade diploma (ie. post secondary education) and the number of years of education completed. The required years of education is intended to help ensure the quality of the credential. However, years of education required reflects the Canadian educational system and fails to take into account the differences with respect to the immigrant's home country school system.

4. Reduce points based on work experience – CIC proposes to decrease the maximum points awarded to work experience from 21 to 15 points. It is also proposed to increase the range of years within which points are allotted. This means that applicants need to have more work experience in order to get awarded maximum points. The points previously allotted to work experience will be reallocated to age and language proficiency selection criteria. Rationale: Research shows that the FSW program places more weight on foreign work experience compared to other countries.

Study shows that foreign work experience is a weak predictor of success in the Canadian labour market. Currently, an applicant is awarded 21 points for only 4 years of work experience. The overall weight of foreign work experience in the selection criteria will be reduced to more accurately reflect its true value.

5. More rigorous rules on Arranged Employment Offers – CIC proposes more strict regulatory provisions and definitions to enforce tighter front-end assessment of the potential employer and the job being offered. Provisions are also proposed to increase the Visa Officer's authority to assess the validity/genuineness of the job offer and the applicant's qualifications and ability to perform the job being offered. The changes could also require employers to sign a document confirming their commitment to hire the immigrant and restrictions or penalties to the employers, if they do not fulfill their written commitment. Rationale: Arranged Employment Offer awards the applicant a total of 15 points in the FSW selection criteria (ie. 10 points for arranged employment and 5 points for adaptability) and waives the requirement for settlement funds. Due to these advantages, this selection criterion has been susceptible to exploitation of persons attempting to immigrate with a fraudulent job offer. Employers sometimes provide bogus job offers for a fee to recruiting agencies that in turn victimizes unknowing would be immigrants.

Summary: Current vs. Proposed Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid

Selection Criteria
Current System Proposed System
Education 25 25
Language 24 28
Work Experience 21 15
Age 10 12
Arranged Employment 10 10
Adaptability 10 10
Total 100 100

In the meantime, I encourage all eligible FSW applicants to re-assess their applications as soon as possible before the proposed changes take effect in January 2013. Good luck to you all.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Changes to federal skilled worker programs as of July 1, 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Details of the proposed changes come 2012

Applicants will still be required to attain at least 67 points out of 100, in addition to meeting eligibility requirements, in order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. CIC is proposing to change the maximum number of points applicants can receive in the following three selection factors: language, age, and work experience. Currently, applicants can receive a maximum of 24 points for their first and second official Canadian language, a maximum of 10 points for age if an applicant is between the ages of 21 and 49, and a maximum of 21 points for paid skilled work experience within the past 10 years.

i. Language
proposed change would increase the number of points applicants can receive for a first official Canadian language (English or French) to 20 points, rather than the current 16. CIC is also considering establishing minimum language requirements for certain occupational skill levels. A higher minimum language requirement would be required for applicants with work experience in professional occupations, such as doctors, nurses, and engineers. Applicants with work experience in skilled trades would have a lower minimum language requirement.

ii. Age
CIC is proposing to increase the number of points in the age factor from 10 to a maximum of 12 points. Rather than maximum points being awarded until age 49, the suggested change will only allow applicants to gain maximum age points until the age of 35.

iii. Work Experience
CIC has proposed a lower maximum points for work experience from 21 to 15 points and increase the years of experience required to obtain maximum points. CIC has noted that foreign work experience is not a strong indicator of success in the Canadian labour market and the additional points would be more beneficial in the language and age factor.
Other proposed changes

In order to make the Federal Skilled Worker Program more accessible to applicants with trade skills, CIC has proposed to reduce the number of years associated with education for those with a trade or non-university certificate. Currently, applicants who have a one year trade diploma must have also completed 13 years of full-time education in order to claim maximum points for that diploma under the education factor.
Applicants who have a two year trade diploma must have completed 14 years and those with a three year trade diploma must have completed 15 years of education. applicants with trade diplomas would be able to claim maximum points for their education with fewer years of full-time education.

CIC is also considering requiring applicants to prove their credentials are recognized by the appropriate Canadian authorities if their profession is regulated in Canada. For example, engineering is a regulated profession in Canada.

Under the proposed change, any applicant who has work experience as an engineer would be required to have their credentials recognized by a Canadian professional licensing body before they submit their application for Canadian permanent residency.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
seglad said:
Details of the proposed changes come 2012
Seglad,

Thank you for the detailed analysis.
Anyone affected with these changes should make necessary preparation prior to January 2013.

Best wishes
Shalom

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Thank u Pa Seglad, we will try and work on it but d age might affect sm of us. We wil nd to wrk on areas to tht can get good points such as experience & language. Can one redo d ielts if ur score is not high enof 4 d maximum points?

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
@ kayb
Yes,its ur money you are spending but you got to study harder to improve your piont.
Wish you the very best as you re-evaluate your application:all will be well

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
@ All and Pa Seglad......Nothing meega, no lele. Naija nor dey carry last ;D ;D ;D

If dem like make dem reduce working experience to 0 and put am for age 20, we dey there! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Honestly speaking, there is always a way to it, if you don't qualify in one section, sure you will add up in another. Please no shaking January 2013 here we come.

Happy Canada's Day joor joor jor!!!!

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Now that the brake was slammed and the focus is on the backlog, can we now start celebrating MR for all MI's and PPR? 6 months is such a short time. I hope the goal post will not be shifted again.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
For Pa theJackson and others looking in the way of CALGARY, please read this with full concentration.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/friends-landing-or-already-landed-in-calgary-please-share-and-advise-newcomers-t110132.0.html