+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
DOUBLE A said:
igbehinadara,

how do i get the network u re talking about? please i want pple to respond to my question about MPNP. i want to apply online but dont have contact there.

You need to understand how the MPNP program works before you can apply online. These are the various option to apply for MPNP nomination:

1. Employer Direct Stream

To apply you have be permanently employed to a Manitoba employer for at least six months and you are on a temporary work permit (TWP) and also have the requisite qualification for the type of work you are doing. You can apply online if you qualify.

2. International Student stream
Graduated from a Manitoba post-secondary institution having spent at least 8 months (one academic session). You will need to obtain a post-graduate work permit and found a job with a Manitoba employer. This category is also allowed to apply online for nomination.

3. Family support stream
This is the most common. You must be sponsor by a close relative which can be mother, father, brother, sister, grand parents, nephew, aunties, first cousins. They are expected to sign a Manitoba Affidavit of Support (MAS) and you must meet other qualifications like age, education, employability, etc.
This stream is allowed to apply online.

4. Strategic initiative stream
You must have been invited to undertake an exploratory visit to Manitoba by MPNP and after the visit you will be interviewed. If successful you will be issued an invitation to apply letter by MPNP after which you can now apply online for the provincial nominee letter. This stream does not require you to have family, friends or to have schooled in Manitoba. You will need to request to be invited and that request granted by an immigration officer in MPNP and after the exploratory visit to Manitoba lasting between 7-10 days and you interview you may be approved to go and apply for the provincial nomination online.

5. General stream
For you to qualify for this stream you must meet one of the following:
a) proof of a close relative in Manitoba
b) two affidavit of support (MAS) signed by distance relatives or close friends
c) evidence that you have 6 months full time work experience in Manitoba
d) proof that you completed an educational program in Manitoba

Note that this stream is not considered of a priority unlike the other and as such you can online apply through paper application and not online

I hope this will help you.

GBAM ;D ;D ;D

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
LET' S US CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING SCENARIO .

The principal applicant has landed in Canada. While waiting for other family members to come over to Canada, the wife had a baby in their home country. What and how can the mother, new baby come over to Canada?

Thank you .

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
Replied since................
Event had overtaken this.

GTB took $988 (US) for $980(CAD)
USD 10.00 for draft
USD 0.5 as VAT
NGN 3,900 for DRAFT COMMISSION USD/CAD RATE DIFF.

This goes to support Pa Awo's experience. Which implies that CAD $1.00 = US $ 1.0082

GBAM

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
EMO/PA RIGHT

I really hope the last have been said about the Canadian dollar versus American dollar debate!!!!!! i advise everyone source the one that is convenient for them so we can all rest. Am sure if those of us still waiting (Mandie, Gabil, Spokes, Omolle, Lukeke) and others too numerous to mention get our MR and RPPF at higher cost we wont mind at all that is to say we really dont mind the 10 or 20 dollar difference all we just want is our MR Gbam.

@all still waiting like i said before Accra is teaching us to 'let patience have its full work in us' and am sure it will come at the right time as long as it is in God's plan for us to be there. Like i also said many times on this thread before the waiting time is the preparation time so lets be preparing, a friend in Canada just told me recently to update my Excel skills particularly advance excel and am working on that because of my field so we must all identify the basic things we need to succed in Canada and start acquiring as much as we can whilst we are still here.

Also i would advise that no one should choose a city to land blindly!!!!! many factors must be considered such as weather, family, unemployment rate, medical accessibility and rate, tax rate etc hence much research should be done and i suggest that we ask for information on the landed Naija thread as regards the pros and cons of this cities hopefully our people will feed us with first hand information.

Have a great week ahead as we trust God to perfect all that concerns our applications.

Cheers
Tinu

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
@ the Jackson:
It's a shame if it should come to this.
1. You the principal applicant landed; mother has baby outside Canada:
The baby will need to be sponsored unfortunately it might take between 6 monthts to 1 year. Now there is the issue of what happens to mum's PR visa if it expires before the application goes through?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-born-outside-of-canada-to-pr-parents-t71686.0.html
2. Visa granted before baby is born but principal applicant not landed yet:
Don't lose heart! Even if the baby is born after you and your wife get the visa, you can still add him to the application. Your visas will be cancelled and a new one issued for you and baby after baby does meds and other docs are sent to VO. Here is an eg, actually posted this link a while back:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/confusion-after-receiving-visa-about-addition-of-new-born-baby-t101436.0.html
Honestly my friend, if it happens that baby is born before you land (even after PR visas have been issued), don't go running to Cananda cos it is a different ball game once the landing is done. Wait, and sort out your baby's PR and you can decided to go first and family join later, no bigie.
Trust me, a couple of months delay is far better than waiting ages for baby's (and possibly wife's) sponsorship application.
I do hope you wouldn't have to go through any of this. All the best!
*Mandie*

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
thejackson said:
LET' S US CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING SCENARIO .

The principal applicant has landed in Canada. While waiting for other family members to come over to Canada, the wife had a baby in their home country. What and how can the mother, new baby come over to Canada?

Thank you .
Except the conception was by the Holy Spirit which i strongly doubt, the husband would have known that he planted and must harvest after nine months.This is a near impossible situation except there is some connivance or concealment. Either which way, the new baby will have an uphill task getting his PRV. If the mother was really pregnant she would have landed just before the delivery. Any thing short of that, the responsibility must be taken. by who???????????? Do not ask me. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Pa Jackson,
All things works together for good so relax, pray PPR comes before D baby is born and if it does mother should join you to land. If on the other hand it comes late and mother is too heavy to be allowed in by airlines then best bet is to inform Accra, you will now wait till the baby is born, get HER passport, do her medicals and send all to Accra and a new visa will be issued.

DONT even try to land without them oh you have enough time maybe 6months to 1 year within which you must land so relax. I feel you with d boko haram surge in the North one might be tempted to rush out but i tell you that God who has kept you thus far would keep you to the end.

As for me even if PR comes today am not leaving untill March, would finish my ACCA by Dec and then get my study leave from office and land in March though my offices shares FENCE with Police Command here in Abuja i still believe God will keep us safe from all evils.

@all though funny but i think we should begin to factor everything into this our Canada project including the 9months miracle!!! Lol

Cheers Tinu

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
@ the jackson

its really a dicey situation. All things will definitely work together for your good IJN. Amen. This is why my hubby and i have decided to place an hold on making babies for now.. see wetin immigration dey do person? but i dont blame them, its Nigeria and its horrible leaders i blame... imagine just few days back, i was crossing the road from the market at Asaba to where i parked my car and suddenly two guys came on a bike and cut my gold necklace and pendant from my neck. can u imagine the level of insecurity in the country right now? why we no go run? mshewwwwwwwwwwwww

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Right said:

Pa Awoderu,

Are you already in Canada?

I fear fear o....But you know tell us say PPR don land....O ya give us your Landing experience now now.... ;D ;D ;D
I never land oh. We still dey look unto Baba God loke.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
kpopi77 said:
@ Pa Awoderu,

Use the exchange rate from an index like Reuters or bloomberg to get a standard international cross rate. Different banks will give you different rates depending on their source of funds. As at 3minutes ago on Bloomberg USD:CAN$ = 1: 1.0037
Canadian Bank's especially TD Canada Trust quote are the Standard International Cross rate (Real time rates) and it fluctuates every min depending on the rate in the market. The rate i posted change 1 mins later on refreshing the page.
I will suggest people to use rates of places they are going to be converting their currency. if Bloomberg quotes USD/CAD 1 to 1.0037, people are not going to go and meet Bloomberg to convert money or tell the ABOKI's (blackmarket) to convert at that rate for them.

MY ONE CENT

Payments & Transfers Help
Foreign Exchange (Canadian / US)
Step: 2 of 3
Complete the transaction by verifying the details.
Exchange Rate: $1.00 USD = $0.9757 CAD
This real time rate is valid for 1 minute.

DOUBLE A

May 8, 2012
Emperor said:
You need to understand how the MPNP program works before you can apply online. These are the various option to apply for MPNP nomination:

To apply you have be permanently employed to a Manitoba employer for at least six months and you are on a temporary work permit (TWP) and also have the requisite qualification for the type of work you are doing. You can apply online if you qualify.

Graduated from a Manitoba post-secondary institution having spent at least 8 months (one academic session). You will need to obtain a post-graduate work permit and found a job with a Manitoba employer. This category is also allowed to apply online for nomination.

3. Family support stream
This is the most common. You must be sponsor by a close relative which can be mother, father, brother, sister, grand parents, nephew, aunties, first cousins. They are expected to sign a Manitoba Affidavit of Support (MAS) and you must meet other qualifications like age, education, employability, etc.

You must have been invited to undertake an exploratory visit to Manitoba by MPNP and after the visit you will be interviewed. If successful you will be issued an invitation to apply letter by MPNP after which you can now apply online for the provincial nominee letter. This stream does not require you to have family, friends or to have schooled in Manitoba. You will need to request to be invited and that request granted by an immigration officer in MPNP and after the exploratory visit to Manitoba lasting between 7-10 days and you interview you may be approved to go and apply for the provincial nomination online.

5. General stream

Note that this stream is not considered of a priority unlike the other and as such you can online apply through paper application and not online

GBAM ;D ;D ;D

[/quote

You are great! i really appreciate your professional response. Thanks....but i dont have any close relative thats a big MINUS

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Pa Jackson,
All things works together for good so relax, pray PPR comes before D baby is born and if it does mother should join you to land. If on the other hand it comes late and mother is too heavy to be allowed in by airlines then best bet is to inform Accra, you will now wait till the baby is born, get HER passport, do her medicals and send all to Accra and a new visa will be issued.

DONT even try to land without them oh you have enough time maybe 6months to 1 year within which you must land so relax. I feel you with d boko haram surge in the North one might be tempted to rush out but i tell you that God who has kept you thus far would keep you to the end.

As for me even if PR comes today am not leaving untill March, would finish my ACCA by Dec and then get my study leave from office and land in March though my offices shares FENCE with Police Command here in Abuja i still believe God will keep us safe from all evils.

@ all though funny but i think we should begin to factor everything into this our Canada project including the 9months miracle!!! Lol

Cheers Tinu
@Madam Tinu,
God's best plan shall happen to us all IJN

@Pa Jackson, Madam Tinu has said it all. We should keep our fingers crossed hoping that Accra answers you this month. If otherwise do not land without the baby, Wouldn't want to leave your kid out of your family tree because of a Canadian Visa.
If the Visa does not come out before you wife puts to bed, Accra might ask you to reapply. My sister's case was just like yours. The Visa came on a Friday and she was scheduled to leave Nigeria on Tuesday but gave birth on Monday. They wrote to Accra about the new development but they were told the file was closed and nothing can be done about it other than they leave out the child and go and land or return the visa. They wrote the MP, tried to sue claiming that they did Medicals and that the Pregnancy was made known then but in the end they had to return the visa though it was a very difficult decision. Luckily for them their NOC was still in the Occupation list. They just recently got the visa but this time the baby inclusive and have landed.

I pray your case does not end up like that IJN. We are with you in prayers PA Jackson.
I have a strong conviction the PPR's will be out this month.

DOUBLE A

May 8, 2012
@ Emperor,

You are great! i really appreciate your professional response. Thanks....but i dont have any close relative thats a big MINUS

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
DOUBLE A said:
Emperor said:

3. Family support stream

5. General stream

GBAM ;D ;D ;D

[/quote

What about friends? if you have 2 friends it could help.
Without that you might not qualify to apply under that category
Go to the following website for more info. An assessment form can also be filled to determine your eligibility
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Right said:
EMO,

This is the price as at Today of USD$ and CAD$. As you can see USD$ is now well over CAD$. It shall be like this till around July/August.
:p :p :p ;D ;D ;D
I advise anybody paying to Accra to do USD$ bcos it is easy and cheaper to source in Naija GBOSA!!!!!!! :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mid-market rates: 2012-05-09 14:18 UTC
1.00 USD = 1.00516 CAD
US Dollar Canadian Dollar
1 USD = 1.00516 CAD 1 CAD = 0.994865 USD
How i wish that were the case. I have been wanting to change some USD to CAD but the exchange rate has been an hindering block. I do not want to lose two ways. I already lost changing from Naira to USD cannot afford to lose while changing from USD to CAD. So i have been watching the rates for quite some time. On every occassion i lost a minimum of 20 dollars on every 900 USD.