+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thanks good mother your singular advice and caution has helped me so far. God will bless you. We will all get to canada witout stress in Jesus name.

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Badmus said:
Guys have contrary understanding, I will want a specific reference please. cos I did notorized all my issued visa, maybe this is an over-syllabus...Note am using Cohen.

Whatever Cohen asks you to do, please do with all thy might. If you have any questions/doubts regarding any instruction from them, I suggest you take it up with your case manager or directly with Cohen and they will respond. Thereafter, you can share the insight with the rest of us. This question of yours is a case in point.

Thanks!

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
vikolo said:
Hi People,
I am in the process of gathering docs to be sent to Ghana but I have a few challenges and wish I can get some ideas from this forum.

1. Letter from past employers: One of my past employer is not forthcoming with the required letter. The experience I got there is no way related to present occupation for which my application is based. I am thinking of just doing a covering letter explaining that I could not get a letter from this organisation. I have my letter of employment and other correspondence with the organisation with I am going to attach to the cover letter
Do you guys think this will suffice? I THINK you are fine for 2 reasons. 1. I had the same challenge and that is what I did. Note though that I am still awaiting Accra's communication regarding my submission. 2. I personally believe they are human beings with hearts (ie VISA officials) so there should be acceptable error margins permitted. They certainly cannot have perfect documentations all the time so exceptions such as yours and mine once in a while are acceptable. Anyhow, pray!

2. Transcript for spouse: Uniport is a difficult place to obtain transcript. I have really gone through stress to get the one for my wife. The keep telling me about various fees I have to pay and they insist they will not release by hand since it is against their policy. I am at a crossroad now and do not know what to do because the letter has to be addressed to the canadian embassy.
The way things stand I will spend close to 15 to 20k and no guarantee I will get it by hand and if they post God knows when-I am not sure about the delivery. Has anyone processed transcript from uniport before? I will like to hear their experience.

These are just the outstanding issues preventing me from forwrding my docs to accara and I am getting worried because I now have like 60 days left. Please do all you can to get that transcript out of that place! If its about spending money, I think the gains ahead is more than any amount you may need to spend to achieve your goal. I am not saying it is mince meat but please do whatever needs to be done to retrieve your transcripts.

Any useful suggestions from the house?

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Zacolas,

You need to send only a copy as both CIC Nova Scotia and visa office work in unison.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Vikolo,
I agree with goldenapple please send an explanation that you cant get the refence particularly since you said you are not claiming any point for it i think you should be fine. I have worked in three places and only got two letters. As for your wife transcript has she ever collected before? if yes then you can include that in your package and send while you await the one fron uniport.
My dear you can always get the transcript by hand all you need to do is go there or get a student to go to exams and records and help talk to the delivery staff they would give you after you have spoken to them well. A senior in this thread has earlier advised we dont ask the school to send it to embassy direct as it might not get there until after you have landed lol.
I should be sending mine to london tomorrow for onward dispatch to ghana next week. I had gotten a consultant before i discovered this forum and haven paid all his fees i will allow them still do thier dispatch work. I wish all of us best of luck

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Thanks people for the response. For the reference letter , I have decided to do the cover letter and attach all the correspondence from the organisation. I was initially bothered because I spent the first 4 years out of the last 8 years working there but since then I have switched career and now work in a different field which is part of the occupation list. I have given these whole issue a thought,read the responses on the forum and have decided to move on. I already have letters from where I worked in the last 4 years.
As for the transcript I will take a trip to PH myself armed with the checklist. I will have to get the transcript out anyhow within the next 3 weeks but to be frank I am really pissed that a transcript is such a big issue in our country when it is not supposed to be so. Some people have decided to make things difficult so as to make money out of it. I have heard from people who went through experiences worse than mine in the same school- This is really sad.

Thanks guys for the useful responses

flushmedic

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
22-02-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
please can any one tell what the process in Accra office like, i sent full documents in May and E cas is still recieved by visa office till now, I still havent recieved the 2nd AOR. Is Acrra this slow? When will my status change to in process

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Flushmedic

I am in the same boat as you, however, I sent Accra an email on Monday asking for status of my application since it was received in May.

I got a reply back yesterday telling me that the file was in queue for paper screening and they also provided me with my Accra office file number. You may want to try the same and see if you get a response.

Peace!!!

flushmedic

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
Doc's Request.
22-02-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
@ANigerian,
Thanks for this piece of advise,i think i will do just that.This waiting game can really be disheartening.One is really becoming Obsessed with checking e cas status almost every day of the week including weekends. :'(

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
please why is accra like this? since may over 3 months and its yet to enter in process. Some people even said if you submit before your 120 days expire they wont treat your file until the end of the 120 days but i dont know how far this is true. I also noticed that India vis aoffice that used to be pretty fast is now also slow. Many may applicants are yet to get medical request.

i guess there was a surge early this year which is slowing down the whole process. lets keep our finger crossed and hope for the best

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
please why is accra like this? since may over 3 months and its yet to enter in process. Some people even said if you submit before your 120 days expire they wont treat your file until the end of the 120 days but i dont know how far this is true No that's not true. My documents were treated almost immediately it got there. If your package is water tight and your assigned VO/IO are in full steam your movement will be fast.. I also noticed that India vis aoffice that used to be pretty fast is now also slow. This same time last year when I joined this forum I noticed that application movement began to slow down considerably and some seniors then; attributed this to diminishing allocated visas to the various Canadian mission post. Many may applicants are yet to get medical request Early this year the process picked up with high degree of urgency and I was a beneficiary of that move. The offices won't make available the visas allocated to them for this year however you can search for the visas issued to out 9ja's for last year. That will assist you in coming to a reasonable guess. Above all may the FAVOUR of God encompass all applications..

i guess there was a surge early this year which is slowing down the whole process. lets keep our finger crossed and hope for the best

tito

Feb 10, 2007
tunnytox said:
How come I didn't see this Naija network thread before I landed? chei! I don miss too much... any way bros and sisters pls i'll like to network with any Nigerian who has landed in Canada to get info about jobs, housing etc. I landed in June but i'm back now in the UK....I'll be considering my Canadian future as time goes on but I really do need to hear from others
Congrats on landing, make sure you pay attention to the terms of the residency while considering your Canadian future.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
canloverdream said:
Yea i'm in the same boat as you. Though we havent landed yet. i would really like to here from Naijas already there and their experiences in canada. from the look of things UK has had its day and quite frankly, canada is the place to be but when you dont have close friend or family to give info things can seem very daunting. ???
Yep, it can be frustrating but this where the naija thing in us kicks in...we are survivors, we know how to hustle. Except if the UK has "butterize" you! Get on the internet, network in your church or mosque, volunteer anywhere, mingle with neighbors (maybe not if you live around Jane and Finch) and pray hard - all power belongs to God.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
dreamteam said:
people how can i carry my cash there?we are just two of us,
will they ask?
can i use my bank account?
if i have like 9k and my wife has 3k on her for example,will they raise any eyebrow?
will they accept GTBank account statement?
Forget GTB, carry all the cash you want but you must declare everything together..you are landing and the folks at the airport knows that.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
As for those of you making use of Cohen did the case manager mail you when you got your CC Charged?