+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello,

Seglad --- You have been added on the FB! Kindly confirm it later. I would like to see those pics of urs in Canada.

Cheers.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Barsindo,

Where there is life there is hope? I am skeptical that Naija can turn the corner. A lot hinges on the outcome of these elections. Not just the conduct of the elections but in the trajectory that we will take thereafter. Only proper planning and consistent follow through with the plans can get us out of the mess we are in and the

I strongly encourage people to make there future plans elsewhere. The center cannot hold for much longer.

For me Canada is the place!

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Barsindo,

Where there is life there is hope! I am skeptical that Naija can turn the corner. A lot hinges on the outcome of these elections. Not just the conduct of the elections but in the trajectory that we will take thereafter. Only through proper planning and consistent followup can Nigeria get out of the mess she is in.

I strongly encourage people to make their future plans elsewhere. The center cannot hold for much longer.

For me, Canada is the place! It is sad but it is the reality of the situation.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
ofonzo said:
Barsindo,

Where there is life there is hope! I am skeptical that Naija can turn the corner. A lot hinges on the outcome of these elections. Not just the conduct of the elections but in the trajectory that we will take thereafter. Only through proper planning and consistent followup can Nigeria get out of the mess she is in.

I strongly encourage people to make their future plans elsewhere. The center cannot hold for much longer.

For me, Canada is the place! It is sad but it is the reality of the situation.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
I agree with you my brother. Honestly, one of the main reasons for wanting to live in Canada is to excape the rats that invades one's house especially those small ones. It's a menace and they defile all kinds of fumigation. I tire for rats, I beg.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
My people,
i sent an email to Accra last night to enquire about the status of my application, i reminded them that i received second aor in October and am yet to hear from them since and they promptly replied me this morning with the usual generic response please find below;

Dear Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your file is currently in queue to be paper-screened by an officer. Once this screening takes place, you will be contacted with regards to the next steps in the processing of your application.

Thank you for cooperation and for your interest in immigrating to Canada.

Regards,

Its obvious the processing time has increased significantly but what can one do but to exercise patience and get occupied until Accra say they are ready.

That said, i want to use this medium to urge my people to please go out and vote. This is not the time to sleep all day on Saturday and behave as if it is a public holiday, it is not rather it is a date to vote and defend your vote. Some persons says they will only vote during governorship/presidential election but i want to let us all know that the NASS election is equally very important if not more important than any other election. We have to be mindful of the caliber of persons that makes laws in this land, the Constitution has given them so much power and only sane persons can use that power well.

By the grace of God the elections will come and go in peace, it will be credible, free, fair and transparent all we need to do is to play our individual and collective part to make it a success.

Cheers
Hi everyone. Its been sometime, how Naija and the count down to the elections. Tinu thanks for sharing this info with us, its encouraging but sad to know that Accra is another sleeping giant. Wonder why there is no CHC office in Nigeria.
Tinu what is your current UCAS Status!! I think I still have a long wait ahead :'(

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mot said:
I agree with you my brother. Honestly, one of the main reasons for wanting to live in Canada is to excape the rats that invades one's house especially those small ones. It's a menace and they defile all kinds of fumigation. I tire for rats, I beg.
Mot & Ofonzo, I share in ur despair!!!! Though I left Naija so many years ago, I understand how frustrating it could be living in a place where nothing really works.
I wish u guys d best in ur PR wait. Just to encourage everyone, at least we have applied and just have to wait. Others are yet to apply and will still join the queue no matter how long and curly it gets.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
My pple, wetin dey happen o? Canadian dollar is now N163.50k

while US$ is N156.50k.

POF is threaten o! Pa Naija Pikin where you dey o. Na like this we go dey watch?

pyramid777

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I need some advice.... i submitted my full docs to accra in November 17 and i"m still yet to get 2nd AOR though my E-cas shows received by Visa office.

I'm considering applying for CAIPS/GCMS to atleast have an idea of my next Brought forward date and probably if anything is even happening or shud i still give it some more time ???

Is it a good idea or am i just being unnecessarily impatient..... also i'm NOC 0111.

Advice please

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
pyramid777 said:
Hi guys,

I need some advice.... i submitted my full docs to accra in November 17 and i"m still yet to get 2nd AOR though my E-cas shows received by Visa office.

I'm considering applying for CAIPS/GCMS to atleast have an idea of my next Brought forward date and probably if anything is even happening or shud i still give it some more time ???

Is it a good idea or am i just being unnecessarily impatient..... also i'm NOC 0111.

Advice please
Omo you need patience. Tinuadebola submitted in September 2010 though received 2nd AOR but ecas still shows RBVO.

I submitted a week after you and same ecas status as above. Recall that our 1st AOR was delayed for like 4 months and when it came it does heavily. I believe they are gonna bombard us with MR just like the AOR. I did not receive 2nd AOR.

On a final note Tinuadebola and I are same NOC like you! The more reason why we should be patience and more prayerful.

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Right said:

while US$ is N156.50k.

POF is threaten o! Pa Naija Pikin where you dey o. Na like this we go dey watch?

I am also worried about this issue,now that the canadian dollar is rising,what will happen to our POF. I hope the CIO are aware of the possible rise of the canadian dollar to Naira.Please can anyone shed more light on this.

Thanks

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Right said:

while US$ is N156.50k.

This is really serious!!!!!!!! Unfortunately there is nothing to do except to pray!!!!!!!

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Kcsider said:
This is really serious!!!!!!!! Unfortunately there is nothing to do except to pray!!!!!!!
Kcsider,

Prayer ke...we are talking about forex, you're talking of prayers? Naija don come again o. Pa Naija Pikin, pls quickly organise a full time holy ghost night next week so that we can all travel to kilometer 6, Lagos Ibadan Expressway for special prayers for US$ and Canadian $ to come down! :'(

My own advise is that we should convert our POF to US$ and keep in a subsidiary account or invest same in FD now that rates are high!
The simple logic is this, since there is pressure on N CBN would want to mop up liquidity in other to make demand for US$ lower than before. And to mop liquidity, interest rate must be higher and inviting so that money would move out of circulation. As we write now, interest rate of FD that used to be btwn 1-3% has jumped to btwn 8-9.5% and there are indications that it will still go higher.

I would not suggest buying of shares because the pressure will be on the Capital Market once the Money Market is attractive. Many investors would sell off their shares and invest in the money mkt since the returns looks more attarctive and less risky.
So my dear countrypas and mas, the interest gained in the FD would cater for the forex difference.

The use of my advise is at your own risk though :p