+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question please.

I have been waiting for PPR for sometime now and its not forth coming. I have sent them many emails with no reply. The last reply I got from them last month is:

Dear Applicant,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Be assured your application is in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/menu-perm.asp

No further action is required by you at this time.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section - Section d'immigration (KAS)

My medicals will expire in two weeks' time. I am supposed to go back to work next week and won't return till mid May. If they request for my passport within this period and its not available (as I don't work in Nigeria) what happens? Will I loose everything? Please advise. Thanks.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
gent2 said:
Question please.

I have been waiting for PPR for sometime now and its not forth coming. I have sent them many emails with no reply. The last reply I got from them last month is:

Dear Applicant,

Be assured your application is in queue for review; however an exact schedule is not available at this time. As you know, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

Sincerely,

My medicals will expire in two weeks' time. I am supposed to go back to work next week and won't return till mid May. If they request for my passport within this period and its not available (as I don't work in Nigeria) what happens? Will I loose everything? Please advise. Thanks.
I think you should email them again and that has soon as you can. that's what iii did and received his ppr. We understand your case might have been aproved, needs to be brought to their attention. So don't waste time, pray and make a move.
Tolu.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@iii

Hello my brother,
i know you are very busy at this time, but kindly send me a number i can call to explain some issues to you. Thank you.
Tolu

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
gent2 said:
Question please.

Dear Applicant,

Sincerely,

This indeed is a tough situation, I think you need to inundate them with more mails. Like Tolu mentioned, you need to bring their attention to your file, a decision could have been made, the reply you got is generic.
Btw, what does your e-cas show, although this also could be deceptive, but at least you can learn something from that.
However, in the event that your medicals expire, you may be required to do another test. Definitely you will not loose everything, if you are out of Nigeria when they request for your passport, there would be a window period, and you can also get an extension, once a cogent excuse is given.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
spokes said:
I am not aware of this.
What part of the forms had it?
Is you VO accra or somewhere else?
Spokes, there is no part of the forms that required travel history, but under ''Personal History'', you were required to mention all the places you have lived. My understanding is that, if you had lived outside Nigeria for 6 months+, then you would have being a resident of that country(you would have had an official address), either as a student or worker. You are then required to indicate this period as part of your personal history.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Spokes, there is no part of the forms that required travel history, but under ''Personal History'', you were required to mention all the places you have lived. My understanding is that, if you had lived outside Nigeria for 6 months+, then you would have being a resident of that country(you would have had an official address), either as a student or worker. You are then required to indicate this period as part of your personal history.
You are absolutely RIGHT Naija Pikin. 6months+ is the time lag for inclusion into personal history. Anything less than that on foreign soil needs not to be mentioned.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi are the 2nd AOR/PER's sent only via registered mail OR EMAIL

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Naija Pikin said:
Thanks for clearing the air!!! ;D

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
spokes said:
Thanks for clearing the air!!! ;D
Thanks for making me do that :mad:

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
hmmmmm.........Naija Pikin and spokes... :(

We too dey look oooo

reddish

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2009
Doc's Request.
27-10-2009
IELTS Request
02-02-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 -08- 2011
LANDED..........
Nov. 2011
Naija Pikin said:
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys for the clarification, una know say wen things don too delay, you are tempted to think / look at some other angles. lol

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gent2 said:
Question please.

Dear Applicant,

Sincerely,

This is indeed a tough situation for you. I can imagine how you feel at the moment. I have been so worried about you especially as you didn't make any posts on the forum for a while. I still have a sense you'll get the PPR before medicals expire. Accra hardly ever allows medicals to expire. I was told recently of someone who got PPR 3 weeks to expiry of medicals. Please keep your fingers crossed.

There's another chap, ibry (June 2004) who I am worried about too. He shares the same date with you for his medicals. Haven't heard from him on the forum since January. I wonder where he is and if he's got PPR.

My people we need to pray the more as others had already suggested.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
This indeed is a tough situation, I think you need to inundate them with more mails. Like Tolu mentioned, you need to bring their attention to your file, a decision could have been made, the reply you got is generic.
Btw, what does your e-cas show, although this also could be deceptive, but at least you can learn something from that.
However, in the event that your medicals expire, you may be required to do another test. Definitely you will not loose everything, if you are out of Nigeria when they request for your passport, there would be a window period, and you can also get an extension, once a cogent excuse is given.
@Tolu and Naija Pikin,
Thanks for your post and for understanding the situation I have found myself. Its truly a tough one. I have been sending them email almost on a weekly basis now without reply and I have resolved to stop emailing them. I will keep you posted if there is any progress. As for the ecas, its been the same since February 2010 - In process reading .......

We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 22, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Accra office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Accra office on December 29, 2009. The Accra office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 15, 2010.

It hasn't changed since then.

Thanks for your encouragement.

gent2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iii said:
This is indeed a tough situation for you. I can imagine how you feel at the moment. I have been so worried about you especially as you didn't make any posts on the forum for a while. I still have a sense you'll get the PPR before medicals expire. Accra hardly ever allows medicals to expire. I was told recently of someone who got PPR 3 weeks to expiry of medicals. Please keep your fingers crossed.

There's another chap, ibry (June 2004) who I am worried about too. He shares the same date with you for his medicals. Haven't heard from him on the forum since January. I wonder where he is and if he's got PPR.

My people we need to pray the more as others had already suggested. Very true
Thanks iii for being a brother's keeper. I appreciate every word of your post. And CONGRATS on your latest achievement. May God see you through the remaining part of the process - landing and settling down. I wish you the very best.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
gent2 said:
@ Tolu and Naija Pikin,
Thanks for your post and for understanding the situation I have found myself. Its truly a tough one. I have been sending them email almost on a weekly basis now without reply and I have resolved to stop emailing them. I will keep you posted if there is any progress. As for the ecas, its been the same since February 2010 - In process reading .......

We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 22, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Accra office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Accra office on December 29, 2009. The Accra office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 15, 2010.

It hasn't changed since then.

Thanks for your encouragement.
Why dont you order caips? caips would at least let you know the situation on ground