+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbies welcome here, applicants sponsoring for Jamaica

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so my show Teachas Pet has been cancelled WTF omg :'( :'( :'( n them still a hold on pon the world boss world boss

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Hi. I am married to a Jamaican for last 5 years. He was in Canada on a work visa so we got married here and when the time was up for him to leave we had already had a lawyer and the process was started. He stayed here and we finally just a few months got his PR card. His little girl back in Jamaica was what held him up. The mother of the child was not cooperative and we really didn't want to take the girl off his papers cause she wouldnt be able to come. So we fought it out and finally he got his card and can go for CS in few years.

Now we have come to the time where we are filling for my step daughter. She is just 6 years old and is looking forward to coming here. We just recently went over there to meet her for first time and she was attached to me. Calls me mommy too :)

We have to get all our docs together then the mother has to sign paper to give consent (she has no problem doing so now)

My question is how long does it usually take b4 we will be able to go get her to bring her here? My lawyer says only a short few months if everything goes smoothly but who knows.

Another question is that my husband was off work in 2010 due to having a brain tomor and tone of the docs we need is an option C printout to show income. We dont have one for 2010 cause he never worked. She says that might be a problem but maybe not cause I make good mney.

anyways, If anyone can let me know anything about bringing step kids here from Jamaica and how the process works would be great. I really want my little girl here :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamaicansgirl said:
Hi. I am married to a Jamaican for last 5 years. He was in Canada on a work visa so we got married here and when the time was up for him to leave we had already had a lawyer and the process was started. He stayed here and we finally just a few months got his PR card. His little girl back in Jamaica was what held him up. The mother of the child was not cooperative and we really didn't want to take the girl off his papers cause she wouldnt be able to come. So we fought it out and finally he got his card and can go for CS in few years.

Now we have come to the time where we are filling for my step daughter. She is just 6 years old and is looking forward to coming here. We just recently went over there to meet her for first time and she was attached to me. Calls me mommy too :)

We have to get all our docs together then the mother has to sign paper to give consent (she has no problem doing so now)

My question is how long does it usually take b4 we will be able to go get her to bring her here? My lawyer says only a short few months if everything goes smoothly but who knows.

Another question is that my husband was off work in 2010 due to having a brain tomor and tone of the docs we need is an option C printout to show income. We dont have one for 2010 cause he never worked. She says that might be a problem but maybe not cause I make good mney.

anyways, If anyone can let me know anything about bringing step kids here from Jamaica and how the process works would be great. I really want my little girl here :)
Welcome to sponsor a dependent child I do not believe u need to make a certain amount of income as for time frame it depends it can be short as she is just 6 so not much to investigate and as long as the mom sign everything and gets it notarized then I dont see a long process for u

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
A dependant child is the same as a spouse...you do not need any specific income. The only time you need to make a certian income is for siblings and parents and grandparents...that kind of family. Dependant children and spouse...your good...no income requirements!

As far as dependant kids...there are sections of the form to fill out with their info...they need a passport and immigration photos, photo copies of their passport front page and birth certificate...you also send the original birth certificate into missasauga..they will return the original and keep the copies.

There is a new form the mother has to sign and get stamped by a lawyer that needs to go in as well. This proves she is ok with this and protects her rights. Its to avoid forgery and kidnapping.

Other than that...its pretty simple. Just fill out the sections of the form for dependant children...send in the appropriate documents and get the mother to fill out the form with a lawyer.

Oh yea...the fathers name HAS to be on the birth certificate. So if hes not...you have to go fill out forms and pay a fee and get a new birth certificate for her with his name on it.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Lime muss have to pull out afta wha deh gwaan. but mi a pree di ting seh dem a stall di case in court.....maybe yuh dawdie soon beat di case lololol!!!

Kedeisha said:
so my show Teachas Pet has been cancelled WTF omg :'( :'( :'( n them still a hold on pon the world boss world boss

ebonyshine

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
nov 2010
AOR Received.
july 2010
Lonely_wife- nice to hear from you! How's life with hubby going? Is he adjusting ok? As for my hubby... We don't have to wait for letter!!! Thank god!

Welcome to the forum jamaicansgirl! And best of luck filing for your daughter!

iambless

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2010
Doc's Request.
11/11/2010
AOR Received.
11/08/2010
File Transfer...
14/07/2010
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
01/03/2010
Interview........
25/05/2011
Passport Req..
08/09/2011
UPDATE UPDATE

Hi everyone, I have finally landed in Toronto today. It feels so good. It took about five minutes.

Congratulation ebonyshine for succeeding the interview.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
ebony... life is great... a few differences once in a while but nothing out of the norm... we are enjoying life trying to get ready for the winter lol... he is so not prepared lol we are keeping really busy he works full time, i work full time and i go to school so we don't get much time together... thankfully we have days off together... he loves his life in canada and we are trying figure out what we are gonna do for november as both of our bdays are coming up next month... I think he is adjusting very well.... I can't complain one bit.... how is the little one doing?? the baby moving yet??

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! Weekend is supposed to beauuutiful so I am gonna try to spend as much time outside as I can!!

jamaicansgirl: Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see you on here as my husband and I look to sponsor his little daughter in the near future so your experience will be beneficial!!

kedeisha: MURDA!! ;)

lonely_wife : Glad to hear everything is going great for you and hubby! It is hard to prepare them for something they have never experienced. Winter is a comin whether we like it or not!!

ebony: Couldn't be happier for you.. we've all been rooting for you guys so it's about time some positive news comes your way my girl! You know we are all waitin for that countdown ticker!! :D

iambless :Congratulations on coming to the end of your journey and Welcome to Canada!! What yu think so far? :)

Wishing you all a lovely long weekend :p

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm happy to be here.

It was a long road for my hubby and I, his total time from filing to landing was close to 5years, It was hell on earth but we never gave up.

Love will outlast anything that comes your way ;)
I'm so excited about bringing my step daughter over to Canada ;D

I am going to see my IMM lawyer next Sat Oct 15th to bring rest of the needed docs. Then we get mother to sign form and stamp in front of lawyer that she does not object to us bringing her here. Then from what I gather we send it, wait to get the approval of sponsorship, then continue on with medical and so on.

If we could get her here early in the New Year I would be one happy step mommy

Does anyone know that if we bring her here does that mean we have full custody of her or can the mom still take her back whenever she needed? I want to know cause I really want to protect my husband and I and the little girl cause the mom is a money hungry you know what!!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamaicansgirl said:
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm happy to be here.

It was a long road for my hubby and I, his total time from filing to landing was close to 5years, It was hell on earth but we never gave up.

Love will outlast anything that comes your way ;)
I'm so excited about bringing my step daughter over to Canada ;D

I am going to see my IMM lawyer next Sat Oct 15th to bring rest of the needed docs. Then we get mother to sign form and stamp in front of lawyer that she does not object to us bringing her here. Then from what I gather we send it, wait to get the approval of sponsorship, then continue on with medical and so on.

If we could get her here early in the New Year I would be one happy step mommy

Does anyone know that if we bring her here does that mean we have full custody of her or can the mom still take her back whenever she needed? I want to know cause I really want to protect my husband and I and the little girl cause the mom is a money hungry you know what!!
you won't have full custody until her mom signs over custody her mom is basically giving you permission to have her migrate and live with you but basically its "like" full custody because the mom cant just write to CBSA and say send back my daughter and they go find her and send her back the parents here have to ok sending her back or via court order but thats like real extreme measures

also wasn't her medical done when her dad was sponsored why does she need to be re-examined that doesn't seem correct your sponsorship application need to be submit with everything so don't not submit something as they probably will return your file