+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

AtribecalledQ

Mar 14, 2015
Mrs. Mekeni said:
That was quick! Yes it looks like your wife's application is in Manila now. If you have any missing documents, you should be getting correspondence regarding submission of those anytime now. If you did submit everything like you said (which you probably did...it's easy to be paranoid when you spend too much time on here lol), then what you're waiting for now is the passport request. Refer to Survivor27's reply above. Of course, no one can say for sure what the visa officer/s is/are doing with your app now, so if you want to get information, get GCMS notes. There's a thread on this board that explains how to read those notes, and somewhere in one of the Manila threads there are instructions on how to get those notes. I've never gotten them myself, but let me see if I can find and quote that link for you.
Thanks again @Ms. Mekeni for the reply. Yeah I'm just paranoid, I double and triple checked that list to make sure it was all there but there is always a shadow of a doubt you know. I'm just debating if I really need these GCMS notes or not but I think i might, hopefully its not a pain in the butt to obtain.

Engineered_by_God said:
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 2, 2016.=> Did you check your email for this means the Visa officer sent you email, unless you choose to have a hard copy of these by sending thru your address there in canada via snail mail.

Here's a link on how to order one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo&feature=youtu.be

Did your wife received aor 2 as I can there is already a line: We started processing (wifes name) application on April 20, 2016.

For some visa offices, that line is equivalent to aor 2( acknowledgement receipt from visa office assigned to your wife)

God bless!
@Engineered_by_God - Yeah! The first correspondence I got was on April 2nd, 2016 stating they have the application. And about a month later on June 1st is when I got a second correspondence from the Manila office (I'm also her representative) stating that they received my wife's application on April 20th, 2016.

But neither had anything that mentioned sponsorship approval, and the second correspondence just repeats stuff that should have already been sent and not telling me exactly if I'm missing anything on our application. It just says something like "You must submit the following information/documents ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY SUBMITTED THEM WITH YOUR APPLICATION" with a list of documents that were already on the checklist prior to sending in the application.

So I'll guess that all correspondence regarding the receiving of the spouse's application has that same line in it, it was just a little confusing because it seemed a little redundant to include that. I just hope I'm not missing anything!

And one more thing. On that second correspondence I saw something called "Advisory on Marriage" what is that? I don't remember needing that, my wife got her CENOMAR and that's all I remember they needed aside from our Marriage & Birth Certificates. Neither me or my wife have been in previous marriages....Can anyone clarify?

Thank you so much for any replies!!!! :D

dyanaralaconsay

Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
Hello po Maganda Umaga :) Ung sa SSS, Philhealth at pag Ibig ko po is nakalagay ang asawa ko sa dependents ko/ Pwede po bang isama ko un sa proof of relationship ko since wala naman po ako/kaming insurance? :)

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
dyanaralaconsay said:
Hello po Maganda Umaga :) Ung sa SSS, Philhealth at pag Ibig ko po is nakalagay ang asawa ko sa dependents ko/ Pwede po bang isama ko un sa proof of relationship ko since wala naman po ako/kaming insurance? :)
I think pwede. Wala naman limitasyon ang proof of relationship as long as maipapakita ng proof na talagang mag-asawa kayo out of love and not for immigration purposes yan.

First time ko nabasa yan dito and I think magandang proof yan.

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
badpusacat said:
Yes, AOR2 (Acknowledgment of Receipt) is from CEM or the visa office that will handle your application. They usually send it by email based on my personal research and ask for additional or updated documents. How long after SA did you order GCMS?

My ecas (applicant side) shows 3 lines - received, started processing, and medical.
So, I saw my ecas transferred in CEM around 29th of March 2016, I then assumed this is the AOR 2. We applied GCMS notes on the 1st of June. We received the GCMS notes on the 6th of July and pulled out data was till 28th of June.

I wonder now if the CEM will send me AOR 2 Or should I assume at my own risk that AOR 2 in the ecas is the started processing xxxxx, but most people says to me that GCMS notes are far better reliable than ecas.

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
AtribecalledQ said:
Thanks again @Ms. Mekeni for the reply. Yeah I'm just paranoid, I double and triple checked that list to make sure it was all there but there is always a shadow of a doubt you know. I'm just debating if I really need these GCMS notes or not but I think i might, hopefully its not a pain in the butt to obtain.

@Engineered_by_God - Yeah! The first correspondence I got was on April 2nd, 2016 stating they have the application. And about a month later on June 1st is when I got a second correspondence from the Manila office (I'm also her representative) stating that they received my wife's application on April 20th, 2016.

But neither had anything that mentioned sponsorship approval, and the second correspondence just repeats stuff that should have already been sent and not telling me exactly if I'm missing anything on our application. It just says something like "You must submit the following information/documents ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY SUBMITTED THEM WITH YOUR APPLICATION" with a list of documents that were already on the checklist prior to sending in the application.

So I'll guess that all correspondence regarding the receiving of the spouse's application has that same line in it, it was just a little confusing because it seemed a little redundant to include that. I just hope I'm not missing anything!

And one more thing. On that second correspondence I saw something called "Advisory on Marriage" what is that? I don't remember needing that, my wife got her CENOMAR and that's all I remember they needed aside from our Marriage & Birth Certificates. Neither me or my wife have been in previous marriages....Can anyone clarify?

Thank you so much for any replies!!!! :D
When we are not yet married, we used cenomar, when you applied for cenomar and NSO saw you are married, they will give you AOM instead of CENOMAR.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
MichelleCarbonell said:
How big should be the proof of pictures be? May certain size ba?
It's all up to you. So far, for what I have finished at this time, I made a file of our Wedding Photos, Wedding Invitation, our photos together with friends and family prior to the wedding, some screenshots of our convo (not all yet are done :) ). Nweis, there's more that I am still working on :) Some of my files have 2 photos each page, some 3, some 4, basta it's up to you how you want your file to look like on Proof of Relationship.

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Great News!!

PPR on July 8th, and submitted via LBC to VFS on July 12th.

Only the primary applicant (my wife) received the PPR email, and unluckily it ended up in the spam folder. By some happy accident my wife checked her spam folder today and noticed the PPR email in there! Even though we found it 4 days late, thank God we found it at all.

Almost done :D

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hi everyone, another question regarding sponsor supporting docs. base sa document checklist , can we submit only photocopy of my husband canadian passport? and check appropriate box in line to that. or do they still ask for his canadian birth certificate po?

thank you

jenganda37

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-11-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-11-2016
crzy_canadian said:
Great News!!

Only the primary applicant (my wife) received the PPR email, and unluckily it ended up in the spam folder. By some happy accident my wife checked her spam folder today and noticed the PPR email in there! Even though we found it 4 days late, thank God we found it at all.

yay!! Congrats!! :)

mrmagoo

Jun 23, 2016
Too many people here have unrealistic expectations. Complaining that it has been 5 months and no news. We have been waiting for 13 months and just recently got a passport request. They have had the passport now for a month and we are still waiting. You need to have patience and enjoy your life while you wait. You cannot let this consume your life.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
mrmagoo said:
Too many people here have unrealistic expectations. Complaining that it has been 5 months and no news. We have been waiting for 13 months and just recently got a passport request. They have had the passport now for a month and we are still waiting. You need to have patience and enjoy your life while you wait. You cannot let this consume your life.
I agree! :)

ALMALL

Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
8-2-2016
Med's Request
2-2-2016 received
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2016 on transit
crzy_canadian said:
Great News!!

Congrats.. I guess Nov applicants got all ppr already. Hoping Dec will start sooner. God bless..

SolBourg

May 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-10-2016
LANDED..........
before end of month lol
Tahiti2012 said:
Ahh Okay. Salamat sa reply. Good news yun sayo pati sakin meaning talagang malapit na ang PPR natin. I hope this month.
God bless you.
we are hoping for the same thing po, hoping for this month mag PPR na! :D

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
mrmagoo said:
it's innate for humans to complain, there's no such thing as contentment unless someone shared the gospel to that person then that's pure contentment in HIM alone.

Including you, you shared your sentiments too.
Everyone is free to share their sentiments here.
Maybe this forum is their outlet.
Maybe the person who posted "unrealistic expectations" has no one to talk to so he/she posted her sentiments knowing
that she/he probably be going home to an empty flat probably because he/she works in a different country other than her/his place of origin.

Indeed, you are right, we should never let it consume us in a negative way,but instead let it be in a positive way.

Will pray for early release of your passport.

:D

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Engineered_by_God said:
So, I saw my ecas transferred in CEM around 29th of March 2016, I then assumed this is the AOR 2. We applied GCMS notes on the 1st of June. We received the GCMS notes on the 6th of July and pulled out data was till 28th of June.

I wonder now if the CEM will send me AOR 2 Or should I assume at my own risk that AOR 2 in the ecas is the started processing xxxxx, but most people says to me that GCMS notes are far better reliable than ecas.
So to make it clear, you haven't receive AOR2 from CEM until now?