21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
NoobSaibot said:
Thank you for this information, this was very helpful. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what is GCMS notes and how can we request for it?

Oh my, you sent your application earlier than ours and yet you're still waiting. I hope you get your decision very soon.
Noob,

No worries.

Hopefully PPR soon but the best thing is that there already are some PPR's for August applicants even if its not me so it shows that CIC and CEM are moving. We'll all get our turn :)

GCMS notes are notes created by Canada Govt' as part of their access to information or privacy act. It measn that you can request for case specific notes regarding your application to sponsor or application for permanent residency. You will see notes on that on which stage of evaluation you are in (page 2) and the notes created by case managers on their evaluation of and initial findings on your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

For the GCMS notes Sponsor will need to order thru this website

Note that the sponsor and principal applicant will need to fill up an authorization form (IMM 5475) where the principal applicant authorizes the sponsor to request for information on his behalf. Sponsor will be charged CAD 5.00 for this which is fairly cheap. You will promptly get the notes a month after the request provided the information you shared is correct.

Hope this helps.

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Daling said:
can anyone help me here please, my question is

What are the annual income to sponsor a spouse and child? My wife po kasi is pregnant, since I'm going to sponsor her..

Appreciated the answer po...thank you very much..
Hi,

Just to clarify, are you asking if there's a required annual income for you to be able to sponsor your spouse?

Under what program are you in Canada and what province?

Thanks,

Nicah

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore Office
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
Doc's Request.
10-07-2018
Med's Request
10-07-2018
Interview........
I hope not.
Passport Req..
31-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon.
LANDED..........
Very soon.
bushgirl said:
No ppr yet.. June 11applicant... :(
Hi Bushgirl, hopefully soon. Magbalitaan na lng tayo kung anu mang updates. :)

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
HELP NAMAN SA MANILA BASED APPLICANTS (or close to Manila): Baka may idea kayo kung paano mabilis na makakuha ng NBI at makapag renew ng passport. Below 18months na lang kase passport ng husband ko kaya need pa namin magpa-renew. Wala din sya NBI. Haaayyy! Nakakastress.

Another question, about CENOMAR for spouse sponsorship, nalilito lang ako kase kailangan ng CENOMAR, I assume dapat nakalagay na sa CENOMAR na married na kayo, di ba? Newly wed lang kase kami at waiting pa sa NSO Marriage Certificate.

Nicah

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore Office
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
Doc's Request.
10-07-2018
Med's Request
10-07-2018
Interview........
I hope not.
Passport Req..
31-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon.
LANDED..........
Very soon.
philgoodhusband said:
Submitted our application on June 12. Was asked for additional documents on Sep. 3, which we submitted on Oct. 1. No good news to report after that. We did submit a GCMS request last month. Expecting to receive the results any day now, so we can at least find out where we are in the process.
Hi Philgoodhusband, yes same. We actually requested for GCMS last Dec. We received the report naman but that time na nag ask kame, nde pa din nareview ung NBI and Police Clearance ko. Naka state dun na ang due ng medical ko is May 11, this year. Yesterday, nag ask ulit kame ng GCMS kung anu ung current status ng application. But hopefully namn, maglabas na nga mga PPR for another batch ng June applicants. Kaparaning din mag antay. Hehe. Goodluck sa atin! :)

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bushgirl said:
We almost have the same timeline... Did u get ppr yet?.... would be nice to hear if theres any updates on your criminality and security on your gcms notes.. Requested my notes last Jan 3 and got it on feb 2... Both security and criminality were not started
....it should be in progress by now..i hope so...
Nope, no PPR yet. And ECAS status is still "In Process."

I'll let you know what I find out as soon as we receive our notes. Requested them on Feb. 10.

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badpusacat said:
HELP NAMAN SA MANILA BASED APPLICANTS (or close to Manila): Baka may idea kayo kung paano mabilis na makakuha ng NBI at makapag renew ng passport. Below 18months na lang kase passport ng husband ko kaya need pa namin magpa-renew. Wala din sya NBI. Haaayyy! Nakakastress.

Another question, about CENOMAR for spouse sponsorship, nalilito lang ako kase kailangan ng CENOMAR, I assume dapat nakalagay na sa CENOMAR na married na kayo, di ba? Newly wed lang kase kami at waiting pa sa NSO Marriage Certificate.
For passport renewal, you have to allot maybe a couple of hours for the appointment. You set an appointment here: http://passport.com.ph/ and then show up with the necessary requirements. If I remember correctly, the process for renewal is fairly straightforward as long as their system is "up." You can also choose (for a fee) to have your passport mailed to you so you don't have to come back.

For NBI clearance, I believe you can do this in a number of malls and/or NBI satellite offices (you can google for the latest list). Be prepared to stand/sit in line for a while. In most cases they will give you a date when to come back for your clearance. This is based on my experience from last year; things could have changed.

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nicah said:
Hi Philgoodhusband, yes same. We actually requested for GCMS last Dec. We received the report naman but that time na nag ask kame, nde pa din nareview ung NBI and Police Clearance ko. Naka state dun na ang due ng medical ko is May 11, this year. Yesterday, nag ask ulit kame ng GCMS kung anu ung current status ng application. But hopefully namn, maglabas na nga mga PPR for another batch ng June applicants. Kaparaning din mag antay. Hehe. Goodluck sa atin! :)
Oo nga, nakakainip! Sana naman mauna na ang mga PPR natin kesa sa panibagong GCMS mo hehe. Good luck!

Nicah

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore Office
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
Doc's Request.
10-07-2018
Med's Request
10-07-2018
Interview........
I hope not.
Passport Req..
31-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon.
LANDED..........
Very soon.
philgoodhusband said:
Oo nga, nakakainip! Sana naman mauna na ang mga PPR natin kesa sa panibagong GCMS mo hehe. Good luck!
Hopefully! Babalitaan ko kayo kung anu status nung sa akin with the new updates, sana soon. In case kayo dun, please share para mabuhayan tayo. Hahaha. Keep the faith! Sandali na lng yan! :)

raecy

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-aug-2015
Doc's Request.
20-oct-2015
AOR Received.
11-aug-2015
File Transfer...
05-oct-2015
Med's Request
16-oct-2015
Med's Done....
19-oct-2015
Passport Req..
09-jun-2016 DM june 26 '16
VISA ISSUED...
24-jun-2016
LANDED..........
Sooner!
Alidykeman said:
Hi, correct me if I'm wrong, do they require NbI and police clearance? Both? Or NBI clearance would be good enough .

Thanks
Nbi is fine ;)

Palitzz

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul/2/2015
Doc's Request.
May/6/2015
File Transfer...
Sep/7/2015
Passport Req..
Feb/25/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/14/2016
LANDED..........
sana this month :)
any july applicant here na napasa na passport nila sa vfs?bumalik napo ba sa inyo?

Nicah

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore Office
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
Doc's Request.
10-07-2018
Med's Request
10-07-2018
Interview........
I hope not.
Passport Req..
31-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon.
LANDED..........
Very soon.
raecy said:
Nbi is fine ;)
Hello, depende sa hihingiin sa inyo. Sa case ko po, I'm working overseas (Singapore) so they require me to send both, NBI and Police Clearance issued by Singapore Police Dept. :)

raecy

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-aug-2015
Doc's Request.
20-oct-2015
AOR Received.
11-aug-2015
File Transfer...
05-oct-2015
Med's Request
16-oct-2015
Med's Done....
19-oct-2015
Passport Req..
09-jun-2016 DM june 26 '16
VISA ISSUED...
24-jun-2016
LANDED..........
Sooner!
Nicah said:
Hello, depende sa hihingiin sa inyo. Sa case ko po, I'm working overseas (Singapore) so they require me to send both, NBI and Police Clearance issued by Singapore Police Dept. :)
Yes correct, I sent my taiwan, Malaysia police certificate too. Any country po that you stay over six months po needed clearance.

L J

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 September 2015
AOR Received.
30 November 2015
File Transfer...
08 December 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22 July 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
26 May 2016 God is good! 29 May 2016 hand in passport at VFS
VISA ISSUED...
Soon please
LANDED..........
Please just before his birthday
karla050815 said:
thank you LJ sana may PPR na tau this end of march..Sis anu yung AOR2(email) anu message nila sau kasi last na ng email sakin ang VO eh Dec.01,2015-started my application..until now wala pa silang email sakin. thank you
Oo nga, Lord willing by end of this month. It's been really hard to be away
Yes thats the AOR2, pareho tayo...stating that they have started our application (VO - Manila)
Wala din email after that.

L J

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 September 2015
AOR Received.
30 November 2015
File Transfer...
08 December 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22 July 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
26 May 2016 God is good! 29 May 2016 hand in passport at VFS
VISA ISSUED...
Soon please
LANDED..........
Please just before his birthday
badpusacat said:

I did submit my husband's cenomar (taken before we got married, as part of our requirement for marriage license) then we also requested for an advisory in marriage after our marriage contract was released. This one shows that you are married and yes CIC requires it. It is in the checklist part 3 of our application form.
Hope this helps you. Regarding passport renewal I believe you can expedite your passport at DFA, around 7 business days from your scheduled appearance