+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
kryt0n said:
It's definitely under discussion now. Until recently we were living in other countries travelling. Now we are back in the UK. Put simply, we don't have the cash for itand being 30 and my boyfriend 33, we are very much "out on our own" in terms of family financial aid.

Retaking IELTS soon so hoping for a points boost to 471. Will get another year or work experience in July too although with the increased IELTS score it might not come to that :)
Most people really are very much "out on their own" in terms of family financial aid. You can study and your partner simply gets an open work permit and works to support you financially. It's more than doable.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
Most people really are very much "out on their own" in terms of family financial aid. You can study and your partner simply gets an open work permit and works to support you financially. It's more than doable.
Yup, it's still definitely on the table I promise. Just waiting for these next few draw scores and my new IELTS in a few weeks to determine if we go for that big step. (still both have a +£10,000 student debt each from UK universities to contend with!).

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
My English boyfriend only got 8.5 in speaking as the interviewer had a VERY strong accent and my boyfriend had to ask him to repeat his questions...so he got marked down!
An IELTS examiner with a strong accent? like a Cockney accent?

With 471, you will be guaranteed an ITA in the next few draws.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Alexios07 said:
An IELTS examiner with a strong accent? like a Cockney accent?

With 471, you will be guaranteed an ITA in the next few draws.
Think it was Quebec, and we took the tests in Canada so couldn't argue that one :p

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
He was talking about medieval glass windows! I had no idea what he was on about so I just guessed :p

My English boyfriend only got 8.5 in speaking as the interviewer had a VERY strong accent and my boyfriend had to ask him to repeat his questions...so he got marked down!
As you can see that is what it counts. My native English speaking husband (but not from UK) got 7 on the speaking part. He mistook the exam with real life questions and most likely answered in too simple way (the main topic was about hobbies).

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
As you can see that is what it counts. My native English speaking husband (but not from UK) got 7 on the speaking part. He mistook the exam with real life questions and most likely answered in too simple way (the main topic was about hobbies).
It's insane really. I profess to being rather ignorant and only knowing a single language, so it's pretty humbling to know I can't even get 100% in it!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
It's insane really. I profess to being rather ignorant and only knowing a single language, so it's pretty humbling to know I can't even get 100% in it!
I can kind of understand that some people might not excel in proper spelling (even in their own native language). Plus English does have few tricky spelling words (not to mentioned the different spelling in UK, USA or Canada just to begin with).
Plus the reading section can be rather tricky. And again not everybody is excellent type of reader.
But for speaking... even if you do not have university degree, you are rather confident when it comes to your own language. And somehow when having more simple converstation with somebody, you do not tend to speak like university professor or politician just for the sake of showing off.

IELTS General was supposed to be test for admition for high school in English speaking country. So we are talking about level of understanding and manner of speaking of 15 years old teenagers.

But ok,
I take it as a part of the immigration game. Some will go to max that one other will use other ways how to get in.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
I can kind of understand that some people might not excel in proper spelling (even in their own native language). Plus English does have few tricky spelling words (not to mentioned the different spelling in UK, USA or Canada just to begin with).
Plus the reading section can be rather tricky. And again not everybody is excellent type of reader.
But for speaking... even if you do not have university degree, you are rather confident when it comes to your own language. And somehow when having more simple converstation with somebody, you do not tend to speak like university professor or politician just for the sake of showing off.

IELTS General was supposed to be test for admition for high school in English speaking country. So we are talking about level of understanding and manner of speaking of 15 years old teenagers.

But ok,
I take it as a part of the immigration game. Some will go to max that one other will use other ways how to get in.
I'm going to practise a bit before I go in and try not to say "dude" too often this time ;)

I'm pretty blown away by anyone who can speak two languages (my nephew's are half Italian and they are only 5!). Best of luck peeps :)

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Skkid said:
Hi thinkshady,

Thanks for the response, I have already updated the profile but its not updated and Check status and message button is missing to view the application or withdraw the same.
Hi

Have your score got updated? I updated my profile during weekend and submitted but it was over 24 hours now and still no change.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
megadesu said:
Hi

Have your score got updated? I updated my profile during weekend and submitted but it was over 24 hours now and still no change.
Mine has been over a week and doesn't give me the option to sign electronically

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
If the status of any form says "In process" click on update form and don't make any changes. Then click Save and Exit, once you're back at the application webpage the continue button should re-appear.

Cheers!

HoPe90 said:
Mine has been over a week and doesn't give me the option to sign electronically

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Thank you very much! I did so and was able to resubmit , I am hoping the points will update soon

Skkid

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
megadesu said:
Hi

Hi ,

For more than a week i had an issue with my profile 'Check status and message button is missing'. Later profile turned to Ineligible.

So i have created a new profile and now my profile got updated with new points.

Thanks
Skkid

lsrini

Nov 19, 2016
Does anybody is getting offer letter from employer for minimum period of 1 year after getting PR for obtaining those 50 points.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be announced in Nov 19th

Asivad Anac said:
Yep. And it appears that applicants would be able to see their relative ranking in the pool...
what does it mean relative ranking and How to see the relative ranking in the pool ?