+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New e-Cas status

flake

Mar 9, 2009
Hi All,

To add to this discussion about new status messages and the confusion people have, my status message also changed from "In Process" to "Application Received". But they removed my mail address! I don't know why!

Old Status: "We started processing your application on April 10, 2008."
New Status: "We received your application on April 2, 2008."

Sigh!

-flake

Khanboy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
Dear All,

I would like to clarify the point for all those who applied to London office and files transferred to Nova Scotia!

Actually I got the letter before from Nova Scotia with a file number to submit docs to london office. So I now understood their way of dealing with London office. When you send the initial application just forms to London office as I did before new instructions they forwarded the application to Nova Scotia for eligibility assessment then the file was trasnferred from Nova Scotia to London office with a case file number and letter stating that the eligibility has been completed and submit the docs to London office in 120 days.

I submitted the docs to London office and they wrote in an email now you will be given a different case file number other than Nova Scotia and your old file number will not be use in future to see your application status online! Now is that clear!

In my case the I was excited as they update the status on website but that was NOVA SCOTIA case file number which is useless now as I have to wait for a new file number from London office after submission of the docs. The Nova Scotia is quite slow in updating e-cas status as in my case initial application was viewed by them in August and got the letter for eligibility in Jan to submit docs and now they have updated the status when I have submitted all the docs to London Office. I think its very clear know 2 file numbers are there one from Nova Scotia and other from your visa office where you have applied before instructions or once file transferred to that office for submissionof docs!

So I have to still wait for a new file number from London office to see the exact and accurate e-cas status online after submission of documents. The Nova Scotia file number is only for initial assessment and useless for later on and their process if updating the e-cas is very slow! I agree with other forum members.

Now I am clear so needed your input

Cheers
Khanboy

Khanboy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
Dear All,

I will let you know once I received anything from London Office or Nova Scotia then this hide and seek play will come to an end!

I submitted the doc in last week of april and never received anything till now even acknowledgement of docs submission!

Cheers
Khanboy

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
So yesterday, i only had Received_by Visa Office

Today I have two statuses.

Received_by Visa Office
Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete

I guess the next is the eligibility review :(

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i submitted my application to sydney last January 27, the AOR was dated Feb 12 and submitted docs march 27.
today my ECAS says "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete".
are just 3 months late in updating ECAS or do they mean visa office eligibility review complete?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think they either have new status messages that they are using and updated the old ones or just updated everyones status message in batch. They did receive your documents right?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i hope so, but i dont really know. i haven't received an AOR or any communication from them.
i'm watching other applicants from my country and they haven't received any AOR as well.
i'm guessing that they're just late in updating the ECAS.
you submitted your application to sydney a few days earlier than i did, and you just received the same message. so, i think they're still in the sydney AOR stage in ECAS. very unreliable.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cchabert said:
I just check my eCas and they change from In Process to Application Received also I notice there is no longer the address. Weird!
My address is there. They changed it a bit (i.e. edited it) but it is still there.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this direct from the CIC website. Hope it helps with the confusion on all the status changes.

APPLICATION RECEIVED
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application. After checking for completeness, a file has been created and the information from the application form was entered.

Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE
Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) - Eligibility Review Complete
The review at the CIO-Sydney has been completed. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE
Received by Visa Office
The application and documents have been received by the visa office.

VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE
Visa Office - Eligibility Review Complete
The review of the application and supporting documents has been completed at the visa office. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

WITHDRAWN
Application Withdrawn
We withdrew your application and your file has been closed.

IN PROCESS
In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

DECISION MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.) Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status DeterminedYour application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.) Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Could you please give us the link?

Thank you

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the link, but I think you have to log into ecas first before you can access it.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_wrkr&lang=en&app=ecas

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
I could log in to the e-cas today finally (both my names had to be given in the surname/family name field as given in my passport). My status reads:

Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete
Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete

When I click on both these status, the message that comes is,
We received your application for permanent residence on January 23, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 30, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

There is no mention of the local office having received the application :-( The stage I'm currently in is, submitted full documents to New Delhi CHC on April 4, 2009. No communication from them after that. No AOR or anything else. I'm hoping that the 'Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete' means that it's a positive result and I may get a letter soon.

If anybody out there with a similar time line from the ND CHC, please touch base.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
thats right as u see one post above u , u will find that ur visa office has complete the review and its result will be mailed to u at the earliest. anyway congrats for clearing another stage.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i checked my ECAS today and it has 3 lines.

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2009.
We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 12, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your application and supporting documents were received by the Manila office. They are pending review.

so i guess they have received my documents and all i have to do is wait for either medicals or rejection letter.

wish me luck!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........