+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New e-Cas status

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
BobbyB, perhaps you are right. I guess there may be some difference between 'application received' and 'application received by visa office'

Good Luck Man. Looks like it is getting to the "DECISION MADE" & "COMPLETE" stage!!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_wrkr&lang=en&app=ecas

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas
Bravo. Very helpful links.

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
Mine just changed from "in process" to "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete" and I have already sent my documents to Buffalo and requested a transfer to Brazil since I am not legible to apply through Buffalo. SStrange.

Cheers.

C

cajoejoe

rupeshhari,

After reading the contents provided by the link.. My take is that in "process" as they mentioned it, meaning that they look over your documents "being complete/or return". As for Application "Received" meaning all the data has been entered, and verification stage is next (Education,Background, etc etc). I hope it has been helpful. Anyone else?

~j

Khanboy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
Dear All,

I checked the e-cas status online today and they changed it from "In PROCESS" to "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE"

I applied to london office with all the supporting documents on 24th April and I was not aware they forwarded my application again to Nova Scotia! Previously they forwarded to Nova Scotia for Eligibility Review and now again full docs were forwarded!

Do not know what decision they have made. Awaiting for the letter!

Hopefully it will be ok.

But dont know why london office is not dealing my application and forwarding everything to Nova Scotia.

Any idea! or is it normal!

Cheers
Khanboy

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
Khanboy,

Mine is the same. But how do you know they forwarded to Sydney as apposed to just changed the status on E-CAS?

Cheers.

Khanboy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
This is the information I got from the cic website. Thats what I am saying I applied to london office first before new instructions they forwarded to Nova Scotia for eligibility. I received the letter from Nova Scotia in Jan 2009 that initial application accepted so I submitted the docs again to London office as requested in April. Now the status changed "CIO-S Eligibility Review Complete" so I searh for CIO-S which comes as follows:

Centralized Intake Office (CIO), which is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

Thats clear the London office again transferred the file to Nova Scotia, Canada. So all we have to do is to wait for the letter which we do not know how they assessed!

Wait.....................for letter!

Cheers
Khanboy

SRIUSA

Apr 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/03/2010
Doc's Request.
29/04/2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR 03/12/2010
IELTS Request
29/04/2010
File Transfer...
04/05/2010
Med's Request
soon
Khanboy,

Mine is the also same...Any body got letter with same status pls update...Thanks..!!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
cajoejoe said:
rupeshhari,

After reading the contents provided by the link.. My take is that in "process" as they mentioned it, meaning that they look over your documents "being complete/or return". As for Application "Received" meaning all the data has been entered, and verification stage is next (Education,Background, etc etc). I hope it has been helpful. Anyone else?

~j
I have a different take. I think 'in process' in the old sense (yesterday and earlier) meant that things are in process but it doesn't mean they had started looking at it.

Now, they divided 'in process' into 'application received by the visa office' and 'in process'. I think once they look at our eligibility and then start processing it, it will change to 'in process'.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
ankit0uc said:
btw, to add to this!!

Issuance of AOR does not mean that your application has been deemed eligible for processing. it is only after eligibility review that application will be proccesed otherwise fees will be refunded back!
Issuance of AOR at buffalo doesn't mean it is eligible for processing. Issuance of AOR in delhi (i think) means that they are eligible for processing because their AOR comes with a medical request.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
It looks like all are changed to (Received), which is confusing , some are supposed to be waiting for ppr, so how come it changes from in process to Received? Maybe another update is on the way next week???! I read all the previous posts, but I am still confused!

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
hi rupesh,

I just checked and status is changed.

well, they are improving their website day by day and updating status message more logical then just ( In Process ).

canadp

A

ankit0uc

rupeshhari said:
ankit0uc said:
btw, to add to this!!

Issuance of AOR does not mean that your application has been deemed eligible for processing. it is only after eligibility review that application will be proccesed otherwise fees will be refunded back!
Issuance of AOR at buffalo doesn't mean it is eligible for processing. Issuance of AOR in delhi (i think) means that they are eligible for processing because their AOR comes with a medical request.
Well informantion manual states what i have wriiten above. I think it is same for all visa offices.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ankit0uc said:
rupeshhari said:
ankit0uc said:
btw, to add to this!!

Well informantion manual states what i have wriiten above. I think it is same for all visa offices.
I know but somehow the process seems a bit different at different visa offices at least from the examples we have seen on this forum.

imranali_2004us

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
my status also changed yesterday from "IN PROCESS" to "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete" .
I think it means that they wanna say that they have sent me Initial Assessment Letter and my case has been transfered to LocalVisa Office but the funny part is that I have already recieved that letter on 22-4-2009 and sent Full Application with Supporting Docs on 7th May,2009.I was expecting some other status like"DOCUMENTS RECEIVED AT LOCAL VISA OFFICE". I think they are very very slow.