Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
muskaan24 said:
Great news TJ... Congratulations to you. Hopefully they will fix mine as well
Thanks. Yes they will correct it for you too. I called cic just yesterday and they told me that if uci# is wrong in the form then they can search you by name or passport # and so on.

Now that's confirmed. So no need to worry.

Good luck :)

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Hello,

I sent off the application for my husband's PR in January (CIC received signed for by courier on 15 Jan). I was approved for sponsor on 25 Feb and they sent his application to NDVO. This has been the ONLY update in the system since then:

1.We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on January 15, 2016.
2.We started processing XXXXXX application on March 21, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.

Nothing else on his application updates since March 21. (It took a full month for NDVO to get his application after I was approved for sponsor apparently... his medical was done in Nov so they already had it in the system it was just that was the date they put the note).

So now we are on month 5 working on month 6. I know the estimate on CIC says 17 months. What is the realistic time based on what people have been waiting to get their PR from NDVO? Just an average... I understand there is some variance. But is it anywhere near the 17 months? Or is it lower (hoping)?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
HarkiranKaur said:
Hello,

I sent off the application for my husband's PR in January (CIC received signed for by courier on 15 Jan). I was approved for sponsor on 25 Feb and they sent his application to NDVO. This has been the ONLY update in the system since then:

1.We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on January 15, 2016.
2.We started processing XXXXXX application on March 21, 2016.
3.Medical results have been received.

Nothing else on his application updates since March 21. (It took a full month for NDVO to get his application after I was approved for sponsor apparently... his medical was done in Nov so they already had it in the system it was just that was the date they put the note).

So now we are on month 5 working on month 6. I know the estimate on CIC says 17 months. What is the realistic time based on what people have been waiting to get their PR from NDVO? Just an average... I understand there is some variance. But is it anywhere near the 17 months? Or is it lower (hoping)?
See the previous posts. ...you will see update soon
...but i see lots of jan and feb applications got dm....means yours can or cant be a straight forward case;not being judgemental. ..each case is different and will be processed accordingly. ...so in about 1 year max

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
T.J. said:
Thanks. Yes they will correct it for you too. I called cic just yesterday and they told me that if uci# is wrong in the form then they can search you by name or passport # and so on.

Now that's confirmed. So no need to worry.

Good luck :)
That sounds great... Thank you TJ

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
What is DM?

As for our case, it SHOULD be straight fwd... I went over our application with a fine tooth comb and covered every nook and cranny. My husband is upstanding citizen who even started an NGO to help women and trafficked girls! He has won numerous international awards for humanitarian initiatives etc. And I have 20 years in the Canadian military serving our country :) Should I call and see why nothing has been updated in the online status checker? I thought each stage when they get more info inputted or completed, it will show something new in the status. Or will they just leave this as it is now till he is approved?? (if so why even have a status checker?).

bishankhn

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
Nomination.....
13-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
im still waiting for the 3rd line to appear on my application status :S. how long does it take for ndvo to actually open the file ugh lol.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
bishankhn said:
im still waiting for the 3rd line to appear on my application status :S. how long does it take for ndvo to actually open the file ugh lol.
3 to 8 days after aor2

T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-10-2018
Doc's Request.
05-11-2018
Nomination.....
DIP 09-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-09-2017
Hi johnybegood,

I have been part of this forum for long time. I think you are most active person specially on this thread.

I think the wait time (Not sure if its going to be long or short) will be interesting if we sort of communicate and be active like you do.

Appreciate you answers and posts that make people share things. :) :) :)

+1

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
T.J. said:
Hi johnybegood,

I have been part of this forum for long time. I think you are most active person specially on this thread.

I think the wait time (Not sure if its going to be long or short) will be interesting if we sort of communicate and be active like you do.

Appreciate you answers and posts that make people share things. :) :) :)

+1
You are welcome and thank you for your nice words ....appreciated!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
HarkiranKaur said:
What is DM?

As for our case, it SHOULD be straight fwd... I went over our application with a fine tooth comb and covered every nook and cranny. My husband is upstanding citizen who even started an NGO to help women and trafficked girls! He has won numerous international awards for humanitarian initiatives etc. And I have 20 years in the Canadian military serving our country :) Should I call and see why nothing has been updated in the online status checker? I thought each stage when they get more info inputted or completed, it will show something new in the status. Or will they just leave this as it is now till he is approved?? (if so why even have a status checker?).
Dm is decision made on your application. ...being an ngo and part of Canadian miltary is an add on to your application being processed faster!

ghostrider

Oct 12, 2015
johnybegood said:
3 to 8 days after aor2
I got my AOR2 on 30th May, 2016 and still no medical received update. Guess they haven't opened the file yet. Anyone else around the same timeline who sees the medical received update ?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
ghostrider said:
I got my AOR2 on 30th May, 2016 and still no medical received update. Guess they haven't opened the file yet. Anyone else around the same timeline who sees the medical received update ?
Sometimes the medical received update happens even before the file is being transferred to local vo...so cant correlate file being opening to medical received update on ecas!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
What are you applying for? (required)
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
Where are you applying from? (required)
Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

India

19 month(s) ?

Includes assessment of sponsor: 43 days

View your application status online

Last update: June 20, 2016 Updated weekly

Processing times tell you how long it took Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times can vary, depending on how many applications IRCC receives. Your application may be delayed if it’s not complete.

If it has been longer than the time shown since you applied, and you cannot check the status of your application online, you may contact us by using this Web form.

Our goal is to reduce wait times for spouses and partners. To do this, we are working to process the applications in the spousal sponsorship backlog.

Waiting for your application to be processed? Avoid further delays by

making sure your application is up to date;

answering quickly if we ask you to give us more information; and
following the instructions in our requests.

If you fail to respond, your application could be refused.

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times

Ottawa, June 13, 2016 – As part of its commitment to family reunification, the Government of Canada will grant permanent residence to more spouses, partners and dependent children of Canadian citizens and permanent residents this year. This will significantly reduce the backlog of existing applications and speed up processing times going forward.

Each year, the Government sets how many permanent residents Canada intends to admit through its various immigration categories during the year. This is done with the annual immigration levels plan. The plan for 2016 reflects the Government's key priorities for immigration, which include bringing more families together.

This year, the Government increased the number of spaces allowed for spouses, partners and dependent children by 14 000, bringing it up to 62 000 spaces.

Over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for in previous immigration levels plans; this has created a backlog. This year, the Government will reduce this backlog.

Tackling the spousal backlog will ease the uncertainty faced by spouses and partners wanting to move forward and build their lives in Canada with their family and help them integrate into our communities and our economy.

Increasing the number of admission spaces for spouses and partners is one of the measures the Government has taken to support family reunification. Through Budget 2016, $25 million was also allocated to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship.
What this means for applicants

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has begun to work on reducing its current spousal sponsorship backlog.

Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster.

The backlog reduction applies to applications received through the family class (overseas processing) as well as the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (in-Canada processing).

All applications will continue to undergo the necessary screening to ensure that individuals do not pose a health, safety or security risk to Canadians and that the relationships are genuine.

If you have already submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner, IRCC may contact you to advise you if we need additional information to help process your application. You do not need to contact us, but please make sure your file is up to date.

If you are contacted, please respond to any communication you receive from us within the time frame provided in order to ensure that we can properly process your application. The success of our efforts relies on your cooperation.

If you have not yet submitted an application to sponsor your spouse or partner but plan to do so, the application will not be dealt with as part of our backlog reduction efforts, but it will be processed as quickly as possible.

IRCC's work to reduce the backlog will eventually benefit all spousal applicants—whether they are already in the backlog or submitting a new application—by bringing down wait times for all.

Find general information on family sponsorship, and find answers to your questions at the Help Centre.

Date Modified:
2016-06-13