Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
vrajput said:
Hey Buds and hshj...

Did u try contacting NDVO regarding this ?? My husabnds medical was done in last week of Feb.. and still no update on ECAS... This is really bothering me as to y the status is not updated !! :(

Thanks
Hi all,

Given below is some of the information I came across and thought of sharing it with you'll. Hope it helps.

Why has the status of my application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?

Client Application Status (CAS) may not show some activities on your file for many weeks. That is because the visa offices and the case processing centres get a lot of information.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with Citizenship and Immigration Canada recently.

How can I update or ask about an application in progress?

If your application is already in progress, use the Client Application Status (CAS) service. This online service allows you to view the status of your immigration and/or citizenship application online.
You can also use the Case Specific Enquiry link on the website for the visa office if:
• you wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as
o births,
o deaths,
o marriages,
o divorces,
o adoptions,
o changes in address,
o changes in employment,
o acquisition of a new educational credential or
o results of an approved language test;
• you are seeking information that is not available via the Client Application Status service; or
• the processing of your application is taking longer than the normal processing time (you will not get an answer if the normal processing time has not yet elapsed).

How often is the information on the Client Application Status (CAS) service updated?

CAS is updated weekly. Please check the application processing times to see how long it will take to process your application.

The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays.

Just a suggestion - We don't need to check E-cas daily and save ourselves from the worry we go through when we don't see any updates. We can check it on every Wednesday as for the rest of the days it remains the same.

Good luck with your applications. Hope we all get our PR's soon.

Regards,
mum_girl

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
hm82 said:
May 2nd - tickets booked ! Had to wrap up a few things at work before leaving .. else would have left this week itself :) Thanks mate, all the best for your app !
Congrats Man!!!!

hjsj

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-FEB-2013
AOR Received.
28-FEB-2013
File Transfer...
28-MAR-2013
Med's Done....
09-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
11-MAY-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-NOV-2013
Thanks mum_girl. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes eCAS is not updated until Thursdays.

mum_girl said:
Hi all,

Given below is some of the information I came across and thought of sharing it with you'll. Hope it helps.

Why has the status of my application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?

Client Application Status (CAS) may not show some activities on your file for many weeks. That is because the visa offices and the case processing centres get a lot of information.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with Citizenship and Immigration Canada recently.

If your application is already in progress, use the Client Application Status (CAS) service. This online service allows you to view the status of your immigration and/or citizenship application online.
You can also use the Case Specific Enquiry link on the website for the visa office if:
o births,
o deaths,
o marriages,
o divorces,
o adoptions,
o changes in address,
o changes in employment,
• you are seeking information that is not available via the Client Application Status service; or
• the processing of your application is taking longer than the normal processing time (you will not get an answer if the normal processing time has not yet elapsed).

How often is the information on the Client Application Status (CAS) service updated?

CAS is updated weekly. Please check the application processing times to see how long it will take to process your application.

Just a suggestion - We don't need to check E-cas daily and save ourselves from the worry we go through when we don't see any updates. We can check it on every Wednesday as for the rest of the days it remains the same.

Regards,
mum_girl

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
hjsj said:
Thanks mum_girl. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes eCAS is not updated until Thursdays.
You're welcome :)

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
Really good piece of info...would help everyone here....Thankss!!!

mum_girl said:
Hi all,

o births,
o deaths,
o marriages,
o divorces,
o adoptions,
o changes in address,
o changes in employment,

Regards,
mum_girl

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Buds said:
You're very welcome Buds :)

hjsj

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-FEB-2013
AOR Received.
28-FEB-2013
File Transfer...
28-MAR-2013
Med's Done....
09-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
11-MAY-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-NOV-2013
Buds said:
Another thing I would highly recommend reading is the Operation manual Case processing officers refer to for processing of applications (OP2). It gives a good insight into how they make some of their decisions. The manual is from 2006 but it still has some valuable information. Here is the link if anyone is interested -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
If your case is straight forward, genuine and you have all the proofs plus you have neat and clean file setup your visa gets stamped in 2.5 to 3 months max i have few frns whose visa got stamped in 2.5, 3,3.5 months... Taxation papers are very useful if principle applicant is earning... They need a clear view of person on paper if we fail to convience them on it they either request for additional documents or interview... Thats y whatever you have written give proof of it... Every single and small details are used for cross check... Gud luck to all... :)

VB20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 13
File Transfer...
April 09
Med's Done....
Feb 18
Passport Req..
May 06
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sep 06
Harshiddhi005 said:
If your case is straight forward, genuine and you have all the proofs plus you have neat and clean file setup your visa gets stamped in 2.5 to 3 months max i have few frns whose visa got stamped in 2.5, 3,3.5 months... Taxation papers are very useful if principle applicant is earning... They need a clear view of person on paper if we fail to convience them on it they either request for additional documents or interview... Thats y whatever you have written give proof of it... Every single and small details are used for cross check... Gud luck to all... :)
Right!! its hard to tell if ur own file was neat enough.. :(

About Taxation papers? was that in document check list? I did not need my husband's any sort of taxation papers. My husband is principal applicant working in India.

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
VB20 said:

About Taxation papers? was that in document check list? I did not need my husband's any sort of taxation papers. My husband is principal applicant working in India.
This all is called grey area... They dont give you all the details but i knw this as my husband filed my application thru a lawyer she took several days and showed my file to senior authorities for querry once she got green signal she called my husband to sign and check the stuff again... She told me to give all my current activities details with proof we have pan cards here and they have gud amount of details i m earning so i pay tax and just that pancard info is enough for them to inquire bout the background plus when we give our school college marksheet if its not transcripted it comes to our institutes for verification due to false certificates, its called authentication our institute send it back to them with approval and proofs... This is y it takes time so if you provide them major and minor details it gets easy for them to read it... :)

VB20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 13
File Transfer...
April 09
Med's Done....
Feb 18
Passport Req..
May 06
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sep 06
Harshiddhi005 said:
This all is called grey area... They dont give you all the details but i knw this as my husband filed my application thru a lawyer she took several days and showed my file to senior authorities for querry once she got green signal she called my husband to sign and check the stuff again... She told me to give all my current activities details with proof we have pan cards here and they have gud amount of details i m earning so i pay tax and just that pancard info is enough for them to inquire bout the background plus when we give our school college marksheet if its not transcripted it comes to our institutes for verification due to false certificates, its called authentication our institute send it back to them with approval and proofs... This is y it takes time so if you provide them major and minor details it gets easy for them to read it... :)
True... Thanks for the information.. What is your timeline?

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
VB20 said:

I agree with u....I don't think we had to send taxation documents.. Immigration officers only have the responsibility to check
1. the relation is genuine.
2. the applicant's security check
3. applicant is medically fit to enter Canada..

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
hjsj said:
Another thing I would highly recommend reading is the Operation manual Case processing officers refer to for processing of applications (OP2). It gives a good insight into how they make some of their decisions. The manual is from 2006 but it still has some valuable information. Here is the link if anyone is interested -

very good information hjsj,,

I got following stuf from this document,,,which makes me think that for security check,,,immigration officer do not go for contacting international agencies. Rather the authentic and valid police certificates are enough.. Correct me if it looks wrong...

5.21. Criminal and security requirements
Members of the family class and their family members must be admissible to Canada under all
sections of A33 - A37 relating to criminality and security.
Officers must establish admissibility through an applicant's police certificate and background
reports and assessments. For more information on determining admissibility on criminal and
security grounds, see the IC manual, Security and Criminal Screening of Immigrants, and ENF 2.
Applicants and their family members who are inadmissible for criminal or security reasons must
be refused. See OP 20 for information on Temporary Resident Permits.

James.007

Feb 5, 2013
T.O.
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Nov 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 2015
LANDED..........
Thanks hjsj,

This is a fairly long document :) but I have gone through this. This is a good document to go through.
Thanks a lot for sharing this information with all of us.

hjsj said:

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
Buds said:
I agree with u....I don't think we had to send taxation documents.. Immigration officers only have the responsibility to check
1. the relation is genuine.
2. the applicant's security check
3. applicant is medically fit to enter Canada..
I agree on this.... But if you are working dnt hide it and show it... As when they inquire bout background they inquire bout ur current livings too... As i said if u give them proofs they dnt scrutinize... Dnt leave them just informed bout ur stuff if u write on some event of ur life inform with proof... This thing is for speeding the process... There are many things which are not stated in checklist still we send it like we need to provide invitation card of both sides its the proof that wedding actually happened and convience them for reality... This minor and small things makes lot of difference to our application... Dnt wry as for u delhi will inquire bout it but its for those who will be applying in future its for speeding the process nothing else... If ur road is smooth you reach at ur destination early...