Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 March 2012
File Transfer...
26 June 2012
Med's Done....
15 March 2012
Passport Req..
21st Sept 2012 by Phone. Passport received at ND on 25th Sept and "in process" from 20 Sept. Address change on 18 October
VISA ISSUED...
22 October 2012
LANDED..........
26 October 2012
ashunandal said:
yes PR holder sponsors are allowed for short trips only, i need to check for that link for CIC but im sure its somewhere in forms or application guide. i know one case from pakistan got refused for same reason and i am reading posts here and on some other forums about immigration for last 1 year. you can google " sponsor/PR holder outside of canada" you will find lot of stuff to read ;)
you can post this question in main spousal sponsorship thread, there are some immigration consultant, they will answer your question in better way.
best of luck
For sure, if the PR holder sponsor leaving outside for 6 months, CIC will reject the application. Makes sense. :)

kanika.382

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Feb 2012
AOR Received.
25th May 2012
File Transfer...
25th May 2012
Med's Done....
22th Dec 2011
Passport Req..
18th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12th Aug Decision Made and Received on 17th Aug 2012
ashunandal said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: we got DM :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
but i still have my Indian mailing address on the ECAS, is it unusual to have indian address instead of Canadian address even after DM
is there anyone else, who has faced same problems. ??? ??? i got "in process" on saturday and it took only one day from "in process" to DM ;)
thanks everyone for your support during hardest time of my life ;)
Congrats dear...hope so we all rest of the members also get DM soon now@@@

kanika.382

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Feb 2012
AOR Received.
25th May 2012
File Transfer...
25th May 2012
Med's Done....
22th Dec 2011
Passport Req..
18th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
heartly said:
hello every1,
I am a silent member of this website not use to comment but regularly read all comments,
my file transferred to ND on 28th May,
PPR on 15th june,
but nothing yet on Ecas,
only showing application received, so confused.
can I try to contact MP ? how to contact MP and that is procedure can any ! help me?
Hi...i also have the same timeline as urs...me also still waiting havent contacted MP till date...if u want u can go ahead...check this link

http://www.parl.gc.ca

kanika.382

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Feb 2012
AOR Received.
25th May 2012
File Transfer...
25th May 2012
Med's Done....
22th Dec 2011
Passport Req..
18th June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
SBDelhi! congrats to you for getting the passport back!

Ashunandal! Congrats for getting the DM. I am in the same boat as you as far as the DM with no Canadian City, Province part. I know that This part shows up and folks receive the passport back for sure! The showing up of this part on ECAS means that the COPR and the VISA has BEEN issued after the DM was made.

As far as I can tell, They DO NOT REJECT a PR application without an Interview. In my case there was no interview so I would like to think there is atleast no rejection just a wait for CIC to issue the visa and COPR and that will make the city,province part showing up in ECAS. If ND have sent the passport back to the applicant, I am sure it does not take more then 8-10 days to get to the applicant. In my case its been over that time so i know due to not showing up of the City,province that it makes sense for us to not get back the passport yet.

I would be worried if the Canadian City, province was showing up and it was over 10 days for me to not get back the passport as that would mean may be delay due to postal services glitch (inaccurate add, no one at home etc )

BTW for folks who want to know what happens if no one at home or wrong add, the passport should get back to CIC and ND will then call,email contact the applicant to come pick it up from the office

For Ashu.. I would say that since you had your interview and your officer seems to be satisfied with your responses, it will be a matter of days for the issuance of the visa. THE ECAS should reflect the city,province -> that indicates that COPR,VISA was issued.

The importance of the city,province is that they need this on the COPR for processing and the moment they issue it, it shows up on ECAS and the passport is mailed back.

For me it do not show up, it could be due to backlog or perhaps taking longer to discard all the 1000 pages of proofs I sent so that they can finalize and issue the visa and copr..

I would suggest to wait..
Why are u delaying it immediately call CHC-ND someone mite take ur call or mark a mail straight...

drk110us

Aug 3, 2012
ashunandal said:
it doesnt matter, they mentioned very clearly that PR sponsor must stay inside Canada for whole processing and im 100% sure about that. you are supposed to inform CIC about any change in your address or entering/leaving Canada, if you return back to India right now, your trip can be considered as a family visit. i would say, if you are living in India during processing, you are forcing them to reject your wife's application. one of my friend was in same situation and i asked one lawyer/immigration consultant about that, they suggested him to leave india asap before CIC comes to know about that.
it will take only few months for your wife's PR processing and then you can live together forever.
How can cic knows? that if Sponcer is outside Canada during processing time.

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aussiankk said:
You can find out the MP at following link, just enter your postal code
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Call MP office and ask them about the status update on your application
Thanks

pjmin

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
Doc's Request.
13-08-2012 Req for missing form
File Transfer...
02-05-2012/ In Process 16-08-2012
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-06-2012/ ND rec'd 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2012
drk110us said:
How can cic knows? that if Sponcer is outside Canada during processing time.
Yea how would they know? Sponsors are hardly contacted after approval.. I've heard this many times recently, my cousin went back to India recently to stay with his wife until she gets her visa, but everyone kept warning him not to since it would delay the case.

calgaryjatt

May 26, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lalatata said:
Sponsor can visit applicant outside of canada for a short period(2-3 weeks) , The sponsor should head back home(canada) after that.. This is to be followed till the applicant lands in Canada.
I am Canadian Citizen. Is it ok if i go to India for 4-5 months?

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
calgaryjatt said:
I am Canadian Citizen. Is it ok if i go to India for 4-5 months?
Yes it is okay for a Canadian Citizen to be out of Canada for as long as they want. Once you become a citizen, you become a citizen.. and you can watever you want.

For PRs, its a little different as they have to meet the PR residency obligations.. When the PR became a PR, you must have sign a document, forms which makes you understand and agree to the fact that if you do not meet this obligations(one of them being staying in Canada for certain number of days) then they may refuse the applicant as they will question the ties of the sponsor itself and in fact in few cases if the PR itself has been out for years! then even the PR looses its PR..status.

How would they know... Each time you cross border, they will know.. plus the fact that when you filled the forms for your applicant , you said you live in Canada and your mailing add is in Canada plus job etc... if you go for temp visit , a PR would not change mailing add, leave a job in Canada.. but if the PR is gone out for longer periods like 3-4 months then typically that would mean change of mailing add, leaving job, dropping ties from Canada..

It is not recommended to be out of Canada for the PR for LONG periods.. they dont stop folks to not go our for temp reasons etc...

drk110us

Aug 3, 2012
pjmin said:
Yea how would they know? Sponsors are hardly contacted after approval.. I've heard this many times recently, my cousin went back to India recently to stay with his wife until she gets her visa, but everyone kept warning him not to since it would delay the case.
so Your brother went back to Canada? and your cousin's wife got her visa

pjmin

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2012
She didn't get visa yet. They applied few weeks before me. End of jan. He just recently left, last week to be with her. They haven't heard anything since ppr.

pjmin

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2012
Thanks, that makes sense, if you're a PR holder you can not leave the country for long periods of a time. My cousins a citizen, so I hope it doesn't effect his application.

lalatata said:
Yes it is okay for a Canadian Citizen to be out of Canada for as long as they want. Once you become a citizen, you become a citizen.. and you can watever you want.

For PRs, its a little different as they have to meet the PR residency obligations.. When the PR became a PR, you must have sign a document, forms which makes you understand and agree to the fact that if you do not meet this obligations(one of them being staying in Canada for certain number of days) then they may refuse the applicant as they will question the ties of the sponsor itself and in fact in few cases if the PR itself has been out for years! then even the PR looses its PR..status.

How would they know... Each time you cross border, they will know.. plus the fact that when you filled the forms for your applicant , you said you live in Canada and your mailing add is in Canada plus job etc... if you go for temp visit , a PR would not change mailing add, leave a job in Canada.. but if the PR is gone out for longer periods like 3-4 months then typically that would mean change of mailing add, leaving job, dropping ties from Canada..

It is not recommended to be out of Canada for the PR for LONG periods.. they dont stop folks to not go our for temp reasons etc...

sweet_person

Aug 6, 2012
ashunandal said:
yes PR holder sponsors are allowed for short trips only, i need to check for that link for CIC but im sure its somewhere in forms or application guide. i know one case from pakistan got refused for same reason and i am reading posts here and on some other forums about immigration for last 1 year. you can google " sponsor/PR holder outside of canada" you will find lot of stuff to read ;)
you can post this question in main spousal sponsorship thread, there are some immigration consultant, they will answer your question in better way.
best of luck
Ashu,

Could you please cite a CIC webpage where its written you cannot visit India as long as your application is in process? As you said you are 100% sure that one cannot visit India when the application is in process? I dont think that can be true, but want to make sure about this. Please provide the citation.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sweet_person said:
Ashu,

Could you please cite a CIC webpage where its written you cannot visit India as long as your application is in process? As you said you are 100% sure that one cannot visit India when the application is in process? I dont think that can be true, but want to make sure about this. Please provide the citation.
ohh i didnt say, you can not visit ??? i said if you are a PR, you are supposed to stay inside canada to meet PR residency obligations during processing and you can visit India as well as other countries for a short time period (1-3 weeks). lalatata explained everything very well in his post regarding your question and if you still have doubts, you can call CIC call centres.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
Hey All! I would like you to do a small favor and let me know what you see

Go to this link - this is the link from CIC to See/Change Address for the SPONSOR in CANADA

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa

Put in the Sponsor details and see if the Residential Add and the Mailing add are visible ( this should be the sponsor's add in both ) Most of the time folks have the same residential and mailing add so it be the same ...

I would like to know if everyone see both fields FILLED (OLD ADD) and blank for new add

DONT change your add, just check, this how one can confirm that CIC have the correct add on file...

Please let me know if you see both or just one ( I SEE only Residential ADDRESS ( OLD) )

I will appreciate if some of you could do this..

Cheers!