Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Hey guys,

The MP's office called to let us know that they are currently doing background checks for me. And they will extend my medical and PCC for 6 months by default.

I do have extensive travel history, lived in 3 countries (including India) and travelled to over 13 other countries. So now I don't know what to expect!

Those of you waiting for a long time, brar.arsh, scorpionking, et al, do you guys also have extensive travel history?

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
zenn said:
I'm doomed
I got a call from Delhi today saying that because I stayed in Canada for almost 6 months after marriage before submitting the passport I have to go give my fingerprints which they will then send to Canada for a PCC... I have to go for the same on 2nd April to Delhi and from then on the fingerprint thing will take about 4 months... So I have no hope of getting my PR before August :(
I feel like dying... The light at the end of the tunnel has vanished
Hi zenn, my husband was in canada for 3 yrs on study visa, and i m sponsoring him now, he needed to do his fingerprints as well for canada RCMP, yes the times increased when he did his, and it took him quiet a while to get the report - (took 4 months from june - october to get it), tired of waiting we sent in the application and then sent the fingerprint report when we got it to NDVO later. the link provided by sidhu1982 states that there may not be an option of electronic fingerprints outside canada.
i do not think there is an electronic process in India, my husband i know got done the manual one on paper. hence get it as soon as possible. I can ask him if you need any more info on that.

@ maplegal - as my consultant said, it depends on how long the private company takes to do the background cheks. i m pretty sure as soon as ure check is done u will get the visa and if ur hitting 9 months already, i m pretty sure it wont be much longer for you, hang in there... :) hope the check is done asap for u

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
NOTES from rcmp website :

Canadian embassies and consulates may not have adequate resources or facilities to provide this service.
The ability to submit fingerprints electronically to the RCMP is not currently available outside Canada

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
Hey angel any update yaar?? I don't even feel like asking it. When did u send ur fresh medical? If I am not wrong I think its been a month right? I am sure that ur VO is sleeping after taking high dose of sleeping pills :p

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
It is painful and threatening to see many of you submitting passport months back and still waiting . I have submitted PP on 28-Jan and it irresistable for me now.

they should comeup with some process like giving visitor visa and the option for PR processing within canada for family sponsorship .How can someone wait for month/year to get a application processed staying away from the family :eek:

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I have a question; my friend also sponsoring his wife New Delhi, India and he is currently here in Canada.
He would like to know since his wife application status shows: "Decision Made" and they have already requested his wife to send the passport. My question is how long does it take to get the passport back with the Visa on it..?

Thank you!

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
aks.asr1 said:
Hi friends,

I have a question; my friend also sponsoring his wife New Delhi, India and he is currently here in Canada.
He would like to know since his wife application status shows: "Decision Made" and they have already requested his wife to send the passport. My question is how long does it take to get the passport back with the Visa on it..?

Thank you!
Hello aks.asr1,

Is the Decission made for sponsorship or PR ? If it is for PR they might send you back the passport immediately say 2 weeks once you submit .If the decission made is for sponsorship it might take months(varies from case to case) min 3-4 months.

Senior members please correct me if I am wrong.

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anurkk said:
Hello aks.asr1,

Is the Decission made for sponsorship or PR ? If it is for PR they might send you back the passport immediately say 2 weeks once you submit .If the decission made is for sponsorship it might take months(varies from case to case) min 3-4 months.

Senior members please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank for your quick reply back anurkk..
No, mine and his application where sent to New Delhi, India after getting approved and at the same time we both got UCI number..
Recently, they sent him a letter for passport request and at the same time his online application got "Decision Made", which is stage 2.. So, it must be passport request for Visa stamp now. It's already been 4 months since our application is in India now, and it's for PR.

Thanks!

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
maplegal86 said:
Hey guys,

The MP's office called to let us know that they are currently doing background checks for me. And they will extend my medical and PCC for 6 months by default.

I do have extensive travel history, lived in 3 countries (including India) and travelled to over 13 other countries. So now I don't know what to expect!

Those of you waiting for a long time, brar.arsh, scorpionking, et al, do you guys also have extensive travel history?
My wife has zero travel history and still its been 7 months plus with New Delhi Office..In Process since 15th Feb and no updates since then...Does travel history matter that much...I dont think so....

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
tahsinmohammad said:
My wife has zero travel history and still its been 7 months plus with New Delhi Office..In Process since 15th Feb and no updates since then...Does travel history matter that much...I dont think so....
same here ....I do not have any travel history .....still they are taking so long....don't know wat kind of background chk is going on ...mine is in process since 25th jan .... :'(

Kiran77

Mar 6, 2013
Hi,

I am in Canada now on Work Permit and I applied for Permanent Residence(my husband is sponsoring me) in New Delhi on November 2012. They have asked me to submit my passport in New Delhi. Currently I am working in Canada and cannot travel to India and submit my passport there. I know that sending passport my courier is illegal.

I wanted to know whether my husband can take my passport on my behalf if I give him an authorisation letter? If there be any problem in the border or airport? Is it legal? If yes what is the process of authorising ? Is there any legal form for authorisation letter or is it a plain letter signed by me? If my husband takes the passport will it be detected in the airport scanner?

I asked in Indian Embassy but didn't get any satisfactory answer. Please help if anyone has experience going through this process.

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
aks.asr1 said:
Thank for your quick reply back anurkk..
No, mine and his application where sent to New Delhi, India after getting approved and at the same time we both got UCI number..
Recently, they sent him a letter for passport request and at the same time his online application got "Decision Made", which is stage 2.. So, it must be passport request for Visa stamp now. It's already been 4 months since our application is in India now, and it's for PR.

Thanks!
The DM is probably for the sponsor. Now once the PP is submitted, nobody can say for sure how long it can take. It can be as quick as 1 month to as long as 6 months. There are some who are waiting longer.

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Kiran77 said:
Hi,

I am in Canada now on Work Permit and I applied for Permanent Residence(my husband is sponsoring me) in New Delhi on November 2012. They have asked me to submit my passport in New Delhi. Currently I am working in Canada and cannot travel to India and submit my passport there. I know that sending passport my courier is illegal.

I wanted to know whether my husband can take my passport on my behalf if I give him an authorisation letter? If there be any problem in the border or airport? Is it legal? If yes what is the process of authorising ? Is there any legal form for authorisation letter or is it a plain letter signed by me? If my husband takes the passport will it be detected in the airport scanner?

I asked in Indian Embassy but didn't get any satisfactory answer. Please help if anyone has experience going through this process.
I would advise you not to send your passport out of the country. Reason being: if they call you for an interview (which will be in Delhi) you will have to request them to release your passport, get the pp to you in Canada and then travel to India.

In addition, NDVO has been keeping passports indefinitely. If you need to travel for work or some emergency, you will have to go thru the hassle of asking to get your pp back.

My opinion: Send them an email, tell them you are working in Canada and cannot submit pp. Request them to ask for the PP when they are ready to issue visa.

A forum member once did this and when they sent the 2nd request, he just had to pop over to Delhi (he was working somewhere in the middle east) and got the PP with stamped visa in one day.

Kiran77

Mar 6, 2013
Thank You maplegal86 for the quick reply.

I will send them an email about the situation. But still if they request my passport in a later stage , is it an option for my husband to take it? Any idea about how the authorisation process works? Even if I go will New Delhi office accept passport in person and return it on same day? I thought they will only accept passport my mail or courier from within India.

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Kiran77 said:
Thank You maplegal86 for the quick reply.

I will send them an email about the situation. But still if they request my passport in a later stage , is it an option for my husband to take it? Any idea about how the authorisation process works? Even if I go will New Delhi office accept passport in person and return it on same day? I thought they will only accept passport my mail or courier from within India.
Yes, your husband can take it there. Airport scanners wont care about the passport. In addition you'll provide your husband with the authorisation letter. So no worries about that.

Well the forum member who did this was asked by NDVO to come down and submit the pp in person. I guess it will depend on what they ask of you when you get your 2nd PPR.