+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Buffalo applicants- 2008 Yr

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Why not use this very useful tracking tool? http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/ . You can keep tabs on the Buffalo applicants as well as compare processing with other visa offices round the world.

CGD

May 30, 2008
Hey guys, just for your info. All those who sent applications after 27 Feb 2008 cannot expect AOR so soon. All missions are waiting instructions on the new rules effective 27/2/08. check CIC website or search the web for further info

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
CGD said:
Hey guys, just for your info. All those who sent applications after 27 Feb 2008 cannot expect AOR so soon. All missions are waiting instructions on the new rules effective 27/2/08. check CIC website or search the web for further info
Yes, we will know by the end of this week.

BLUENILE

Feb 15, 2008
I have sent the application on April 4th, cheque cashed on June 3rd, no AOR yet.
They are encahsing our cheques, so lets hope for the AOR soon

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BLUENILE said:
I have sent the application on April 4th, cheque cashed on June 3rd, no AOR yet.
They are encahsing our cheques, so lets hope for the AOR soon
You will probably get the following letter (thanks to Andrew Miller)

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Regional Program Centre (RPC) and that a provisional file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please quote this number in all correspondence with our office.

It is expected that Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration will, within the next several months, be providing instructions to Visa Offices as to which applications are to be accepted for processing and which are to be returned unprocessed. It is expected that these instructions will apply to certain Skilled Worker applications (including yours) officially received on or after 27 February 2008.

If and as soon as we receive these instructions, we will apply them to our inventory of applications, starting first wit those received on 27 February 2008 and proceeding in chronological order. We will mail you a letter within 60 days of publication of the Minister's instructions, either to notify you:

a) that your application meets the criteria set forth in the Minister's instructions - and that, accordindly, we can proceed with its processing,

b) that your application does not meet the criteria set forth in the Minister's instructions. The application will be returned to you unprocessed, and you will in due course receive a full refund of all processing fees that you have submitted.

For more information on the Minister's instructions, please consult the following website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...olicy/irpa.asp.

We will not undertake any processing of your application until we receive the Minister's instructions. Please do not make any enquiries or submit any further documentation (except to notify us if you change your mailing address) until we communicate with you. Enquires will not be answered and any documents received will be discarded.

PMM

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Add me in this...

Application submitted through lawyer - April 1, 2008

No AOR yet. Thanks, Ottawa!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Mailed my application to Buffalo on feb 16th. They probably received it on 18th according to FEDEX.

application= feb 16th and AOR = May 6th..asked to do IELTS and scored 7.5,8.0,8.5 and 9.0.

Does anybody know if I am under the new rules or since I got a file number, am I free from the holdup?

ivochka

Jul 8, 2008
Hi! I'm just curious. If I have a J1 visa here, in the US, for one year, can I apply for the professional immigration in Buffalo? I'm a grad student in the NY state. And what are the benefits of applying in Buffalo?

Thaks for any comments or suggestions! I'll appreciate it! :)

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
ivocka,

If you have lived in the US for 6 months (not sure if it's 1 year), you may apply through buffalo. the advantage is that buffalo is faster than many other processing centers. Not all though. so it depends on your country of permanent residence.

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
You are not under the new rules science your application was received by CIC before Feb 27th
olusolalekan said:
Mailed my application to Buffalo on feb 16th. They probably received it on 18th according to FEDEX.

application= feb 16th and AOR = May 6th..asked to do IELTS and scored 7.5,8.0,8.5 and 9.0.

Does anybody know if I am under the new rules or since I got a file number, am I free from the holdup?

ivochka

Jul 8, 2008
Thank you, olusolalekan!

My country of residence is Russia. And I will return home soon. If I'll apply in Buffalo, do I need to be in the US in the case if they will ask me to come for an interview to Buffalo? I will be leaving in two months.

Thank you!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Ivochka,

my recommendation is for you to apply to check if Russia's processing center is faster than Buffalo. Let me know if you need the link.
If you must file through Buffalo, then you will need to do your FBI report befofre you leave. You will also need an address in the US that you will not change on file till this is all sorted out because once you change your address on file after you move to russia, they will transfer your file to russia and that will add more months/year to the timeline. So find an address in the US if you must use Buffalo office.
And do your FBI before leaving. If they call you for an interview, you may then fly back for the interview....that will be price of applying through buffalo.

Olusolalekan

jasonp924

Jul 9, 2008
Hi. I'm planning on immigrating to Canada next year as a skilled worker. I thought after reading the point system that it would be smarter to find a job first but seeing that it is taking 12+ months for everything to go through it doesn't seem to make sense. Can anyone clarify this issue? Should I apply for residence now then look for jobs 6 months+ from now?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
asked to do IELTS within 120 days. i did it and sent score July 9th together with change of address, additon of a new child and change of job. Does anybody know if my package will be opened as soon as received or thrown together with all other new applications they are piling up till new rule is effective? I am scared they might not know that my package is just an additional evidence/docs with an established file number?